starting strength gym
Page 170 of 443 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    get used to it. At least his was cool, sometimes they go and it's like "well, guess they're dead now" and the show moves on.
    I'm a lot more bummed about Drogo now. That was just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post

Chins
    Notes: That's 74 over six sets. Do I win, La Rosa?

Alt DB Curlzzz
    60x8 (PR), 55x8

My bis were stupidly pumped after all those chins and the two sets of curlz. I had a lot of trouble washing my neck and face in the shower, and shaving afterwards.
    I think this means I still win.

I like that my log has been hijacked by a GoT discussion thread, but I am in a hurry now before a client so will have to save comments for later.

Squat
    510x2x2 - PR
    Notes:
    Really feeling tired at the end of this cycle, glad I got these. Decided not to do a third set considering all the circumstances. 510 is a PR for any number of reps; doing it as two doubles when overreached at the end of 7 weeks of PRs is great. Right erector (the hyperactive one) is super fried.

Power Clean
    45x6,95x2, 135x2, 165x2, 185x2
    Clean Pull
    255x2, 295x2, 335x2, 365x2, 385x2
    Deficit DL
    2" Deficit - 415x5
    1" Deficit - 445x5

Notes: Decided on no heavy singles today, pretty sure I'm going to drop those anyway. 2" deficit felt like 2 feet. Easy reps though.

C2 Erg Intervals
    20/1:40 x 9
    Paces: 1:43.6, 1:31.7, 1:27.7, 1:24.0, 1:24.0, 1:22.6, 1:22.6, 1:25.4, 1:21.9
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 05-16-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Have you seen The Wire? Something like that kind of killed it for me right at the end. I get the point and all that, but I felt a bit let down.
    No, can't say that I have...had to look that up.

I like that my log has been hijacked by a GoT discussion thread, but I am in a hurry now before a client so will have to save comments for later.
    You're such a good sport! So nice of you to share your log : )

Oh, and on topic, nice squatting! My squat is nowhere near yours, but with cheater wraps, I'm hoping to get 505 for a single tomorrow if my lower body is out of the pooper and my SI joint is happy enough. Probably told you this before, but your squats are just pretty.

The wire was great. That's one of the things that made it great and why heroes sucked. Randomly killing main and popular characters for good is brutal for the audience but helps the show

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Archenbronn View Post
    I think this means I still win.
    Catch-22? YOSSARIAN LIVES!!

Have you seen The Wire? Something like that kind of killed it for me right at the end. I get the point and all that, but I felt a bit let down.
    This is sacrilege to some, but I watched Season 1, liked it, but didn't feel gripped enough to keep going. Got a few episodes into Season 2, and the DVDs are just sitting there on the ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    You're such a good sport! So nice of you to share your log : )
    For Star Wars, GoT/ASoIaF, or LotR - anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Oh, and on topic, nice squatting! My squat is nowhere near yours, but with cheater wraps, I'm hoping to get 505 for a single tomorrow if my lower body is out of the pooper and my SI joint is happy enough. Probably told you this before, but your squats are just pretty.
    Well ya, but I also weigh like 70 lbs more than you, no? But thanks, a nice lookin' squat is a nice thing to have. I want 600.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Randomly killing main and popular characters for good is brutal for the audience but helps the show
    Often, yes. GoT seems to be the exception wherein it's brutal for the audience but they still tune in in ever greater numbers, rather than giving up on it in exasperation.

Being that I have nothing to add to the GoT discussion since I have never seen an episode, I will simply say congrats on the squat PR. Nice work, Wolf!

Catch-22? YOSSARIAN LIVES!!

This is sacrilege to some, but I watched Season 1, liked it, but didn't feel gripped enough to keep going. Got a few episodes into Season 2, and the DVDs are just sitting there on the ledge.

For Star Wars, GoT/ASoIaF, or LotR - anytime.

Well ya, but I also weigh like 70 lbs more than you, no? But thanks, a nice lookin' squat is a nice thing to have. I want 600.

Often, yes. GoT seems to be the exception wherein it's brutal for the audience but they still tune in in ever greater numbers, rather than giving up on it in exasperation.
    Buddy who read the books was hanging out while I was binge watching and all he could say was "oh don't worry. It's gonna get worse "

I just skip past the workout stuff and read the Game of Thrones bits. I'm all caught up now so no one can ruin it for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    HA! I like how Tolkien was criticized for titling the third book in LotR: The Return of the King. Like, there's no suspense, he tells you in the title what happens!! But Tolkien was such a BAMF that he didn't care. Apocryphally, he was known to have quipped: "Haters gon' hate, but them mutherfuckers can go swim with the fishes and the drowned kings of Numenor. Bitches."

btw I absolutely loved how Jon Snow went all T1000 on the guy in episode 5
    I'm not sure why they did that whole thing so differently than the book.