starting strength gym
Page 176 of 443 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sounds like an extra days rest in is order. This is the bitch of the Texas Method. All of a sudden it catches up with you and you are knocked down. Or maybe it was Rip's visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Sounds like an extra days rest in is order. This is the bitch of the Texas Method. All of a sudden it catches up with you and you are knocked down. Or maybe it was Rip's visit.
    I don't think I need an extra rest day. Though the weekend was shorter on rest and longer on going hard (also helped a friend move on Sunday) than usual, it's just Friday's deadlifts, mainly. For example, I feel better and more recovered today, the day after 5x5 squats, than I did yesterday, because of the extra day removed from the DLs. Limit DLs just torch me in a way nothing else does. I should be OK for intensity squats on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Weighted Chins
    BW+50 x 5 x 3
    BW still about 260? 310x5x3 is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
    BW still about 260? 310x5x3 is huge.
    I only weigh myself occasionally, on a not very accurate scale, and always with clothes on, but as far as it's telling me, yup 260-265.

Interesting debate you're having on Tumblr. Doubt you'll convince those two people, but it should provide education for your followers.

Quote Originally Posted by medwards View Post
    Interesting debate you're having on Tumblr. Doubt you'll convince those two people, but it should provide education for your followers.
    Oh it definitely won't convince those people. 99% of the time, I just see that stuff and mentally click "ignore" and move on. I don't know why I chose to respond today, but it is kind of funny, sad, and enlightening to see the responses. Essentially it's:

Me: Here's what I think and why
    Them: You're wrong because no
    Me: Well, here's my thought and analysis on the subject, what about that do you disagree with?
    Them: You're wrong because no.
    etc...

Not that those are the actual words used, but that's the essence of what happens. If anyone happens to want to follow me on tumblr, I'm here: I Lift, Therefore I Am. The debate in question (most current version) is here: http://iliftthereforeiam.tumblr.com/...g-ass-to-grass

tumble is so confusing. I can't tell who's saying what. I never know how to answer a question on tumblr lol

Regarding your buddy with the hernia, I had a repair done myself a couple months ago. Not a bad recovery at all, although the first few days it feels like it will be. Was doing heavy squats with belt 2 weeks out and PRing squat 3 weeks out. Deadlifts will take a little more time.

Solid day today. Felt good so added a bit more to my press and bench than plan called for.

Press
    226x5 - PR
    Notes
    : Only 1 lb PR, but it's the Press. Also, it was much easier and faster than either of the two times I've done 225x5. It slowed just a bit at my sticking point, but was not an all out grind. Probably had 227.5-230x5 today.

Bench Press
    327.5x5, 330x5x4
    Notes:
    Original plan was 325x5x5. Warm-ups felt good so went to 327.5. The first set was so easy that I did the first four reps on one breath (usually only get 3 reps on the first breath), so went to 330 for the rest.

Vid of Press set and last of the five bench sets:

Chins
    Notes: Thinking about my weight some more, I weigh myself at occasional intervals on a fairly unreliable scale, with clothes on and sometimes some stuff in my pockets. It usually gives me somewhere between 266-268.5, so I figure I'm probably somewhere between 262 and 265. But I do chins with clothes on as well, which get somewhat sweaty as I train, and I also keep my lifting shoes on as well. So when I'm chinning, I'm probably closer to 270 all told. So I guess I'm reasonably strong at chins.

Cable Rows
    240x8x2

Alt DB Bicep Curlz
    60x9 - PR, bitches; 55x9

Cable External Rotation
    7.5+adder plate x 15x2; 7.5 x15x1

Shoulder capsule stretches

starting strength coach development program
    Didn't have my best stuff today - still a bit fatigued from the combo of last Friday's DLs, Sunday's helping a friend move, and Tuesday's volume squats. But got all the work done.

Squat
    480x3, 495x3 - PR
    Notes:
    Good to get that 5 plate triple under my belt, pun possibly intended. Slower than I wanted and not my cleanest reps, some forward slide, but not awful.

Deficit DL - Beltless
    2" Deficit 425x5 (DOH grip)
    1" Deficit 455x5 (hook grip)
    Notes:
    Pretty easy, fast. Focused on getting squoze and holding squoze.

C2 Erg Intervals
    20/1:40 x 8
    Paces: 1:43.0, 1:26.9, 1:24.7, 1:23.3, 1:24.7, 1:25.4, 1:30.0 (WTF?!?), 1:23.3
    Notes: I made the mistake of talking to someone and letting myself get completely cooled down between DLs and these. And despite it not being that hot in NYC today, the gym had the A/C blowing like mad, so it was kinda chilly in there. I couldn't get warmed back up and these were lame as hell.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 06-06-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added vid