• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Breaking bad.
    I second the wire
    True detective was good for a binge
    I've been enjoying orphan black also.

Thanks guys!

Breaking Bad was one of my favorites, but I haven't seen the wire. I'll check that out along with the others ones : )

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    This actually makes you Darth Revan, the coolest dark Jedi/Sith Lord ever.
    EU stuff doesn't count. I do appreciate the compliment though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Rob I wrote that all while eating chicken, brown rice, spinach, and cheese at my desk....at work LOL : ). If my cube mate wasn't there, I'd have my feet up on his desk with the shoes off.
    LOL I imagine you taking up the space of two cubes with your feet up, and your average sized co-worker sitting there pissed off but absolutely nothing he can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Okay to break up the programming (yuck) discussion as well as the hard work going on in here, I have a question.

So now that I have finished season 4 of GoT, what the hell am I suppose to watch now?

Please note this is an urgent question and far exceeds any discussion of autoregulation.

Thanks in advance!
    I recommend the first 4 seasons of Dexter. When you reach the end of season 4, just stop. It really only goes downhill, fast, from there. But really you should do what Anthony says and:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony King View Post
    Read the books 1x2 @7.
    Auto-regulate that shit, brah!

I loved Breaking Bad, too, but you've already seen that. Watched Season 1 of The Wire, and while it was good, it just didn't grip me and make me go "I can't WAIT to see the next episode!" Got 1 or 2 into season 2 and never picked it back up. Also, Deadwood really is as good as Rip says it is.

It's an older show, but if you haven't seen The Shield it's worth a watch. My 2nd favorite recent series after Breaking Bad.

A little bit of press redemption today.

Press
    240x2x2, 250x1 - all PRs
    Notes:
    Was a bit worried going in here due to the bad intensity day pressing of the past two weeks, but got two doubles. I had a third double, but didn't want to completely destroy my tris before benching, so went for a 5# PR in my press for a single and HODOR'd the shit out of that bad boy.

Bench Press
    342.5x4x5 - first rep paused
    Notes:
    Hard from set 1, but got them all. Had to rest 6-7 minutes before the last couple sets, instead of my usual 4-5 on volume benching.

Here's the 4th set:

Chins
    BW x 15 x 3
    Pull-Ups
    Dead stop BW x 8
    Notes
    : Was worried since I didn't go any BW chins last Thursday but these felt strong. Since I won't be deadlifting till Saturday, I added one set of bodyweight pullups with a full pause at the bottom. I haven't done a set of pull-ups in...? A couple years? So 8 was pretty good, with a full stop at the bottom, after 3x15 chins.

Alt DB Curlz
    60x8, 55x10
    Notes: For the gurlz.

Awesome PR! 250 is huge. I'm not sure Hodor could press it that easily.

Thanks for the show recommendations. I almost forgot about Dexter. I am reading the GoT books now though, and it's making me want to go back and watch season 1 again.

So thanks to everyone. I may have to check out The Shield too, Nick.

I really enjoyed the Sherlock series. It is a fun take on bring Holmes into contemporary London.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    It's an older show, but if you haven't seen The Shield it's worth a watch. My 2nd favorite recent series after Breaking Bad.
    I've heard very good things about The Shield, but always forget to start it when it's time for me to begin a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by mkgillman View Post
    I really enjoyed the Sherlock series. It is a fun take on bring Holmes into contemporary London.
    My niece has been telling me this is really good and I'd like it. Of course, she begged and begged and begged me to watch Dr. Who after she became obsessed with it, and now that I'm watching it (almost done with Season 3), she can't wait for me to finish because she wants me to watch Sherlock. Kids these days!

I also really enjoyed House of Cards. Plus, my massage guy has a small role as Tusk's head lawyer in a couple episodes at the end of season 2. It was cool to hear him tell me about it in November or so, and then watch it a few months later.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    My niece has been telling me this is really good and I'd like it. Of course, she begged and begged and begged me to watch Dr. Who after she became obsessed with it, and now that I'm watching it (almost done with Season 3), she can't wait for me to finish because she wants me to watch Sherlock. Kids these days!
    She's right! The new Sherlock's brilliant.