starting strength gym
Page 194 of 443 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Didn't sleep much again last night, and my right knee was bugging me some today, and my quads felt kinda 'dead.' Also, my shins felt bruised, although no visible signs. I probably just haven't recovered properly due to eating and sleeping deficiencies over the past 4 days or so, so was just feeling overall a bit beat. Still hit my planned squats, just felt heavier than otherwise would have. The shins issue led me to pull back on my power cleans, however.

Squat
    427x5x3
    Notes
    : Harder than they'd normally have been, but not bad. Rested about 5 mins between 1st and second set, upped to about 7 before the third set.

Vid:

Power Clean
    45x6, 89x4, 133x2, 155x2, 177x2, 199x1+1, 221x1+1
    Clean Pull
    265x3
    Notes: My shins, especially left one, felt all bruised and battered, so it was hard to drag the bar up my legs as usual. As a result, I just ended things early here. Still ramping back up, no big deal. Planning on 515x5 DL on Friday.

Sled Push
    20kg x 6
    Notes: Just easing back in here. 1st one was done at a jogging speed, second running, the next four sprinting. 20kg isn't much, but carpet attached to the sled bottom makes it a lot more resistance than it'd otherwise be. A decent amount of resistance to the sprint for the first time on the sled in almost a month.

"sleeping deficiencies" yeaaaaahyer

I think Monday's heavier-than-planned presses left me a bit tired still today. Pressing was tough and benching was a little harder than expected as well.

Press
    223x5
    Notes
    : Last rep was a grind. I probably could have still grinded it out with 225x5, but I absolutely did not have another rep in the tank.

Bench Press
    307x5, 315x5, 322x5, 320x5, 315x5
    Notes:
    Some of these were a little slower on reps 4 and 5 than I'd have liked, or than I expected, but pretty solid overall.

BW Chins

BW Rows
    10, 10

DB Curlz
    50x9
    Notes: Working the all important 'blast the bis' segment back in this week.

Cable External Shoulder Rotations
    7.5x15x3

Shoulder capsule stretch

You can't blast the bi's with one 1 set dude. Obviously I'm no expert, but from what I've seen from the brahs at the gym you need at least 5 sets. Did you mean to write 50x9x5 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    You can't blast the bi's with one 1 set dude. Obviously I'm no expert, but from what I've seen from the brahs at the gym you need at least 5 sets. Did you mean to write 50x9x5 or something?
    Dude, I said I'm working them back in. Geez. Tough crowd.

I almost pushed this off till tomorrow. My neck/upper trap that I strained yesterday felt better today but still a little tweaky, and my lunch was sitting pretty heavy in my belly. Overall felt blah. Still, I sacked up and did the thing. As usual, glad I did.

Squat
    438x5x3
    Notes
    : Felt pretty solid today. Not one of those 100% locked in awesome days, but better than Tuesday and solid overall.

Deadlift
    515x5, 449x5
    Notes:
    Still having a bit of low back unlocking on some of the work set reps. Not awful, but just a little. I haven't watched bid yet, but felt super solid at 449.

Sled
    30kg x 8,
    rest varied between 60-75s: 1 jog, 7 sprints
    Notes: Each roundtrip takes just under 15 seconds, so similar work:rest ratio to the 20:140s I was doing on the erg.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Dude, I said I'm working them back in. Geez. Tough crowd.
    Look man, are you serious about your guns or not? I know you've seen the video: you can't overtrain bi's. Get to it man!

Too bad about your trap-- same area as before or higher? (you mentioned neck this time...) Feel better.

Look man, are you serious about your guns or not? I know you've seen the video: you can't overtrain bi's. Get to it man!

Too bad about your trap-- same area as before or higher? (you mentioned neck this time...) Feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Got to lift today with my erstwhile training partner, the lovely & talented Ms Sarah La Rosa today, visiting from The Bay. My lifts were just some easing back into things stuff, but Sarah PR'd her squat and DL today! Squat was 265.5x5, and DL was 315x3x2. Both were her previous lifetime 1RMs, now done for reps.

Sarah's 265.5x5 squat set:
    Finally got around to watching this... thanks for posting Wolfy.

Yea Sara!
    Thanks Rob!! Pretty stoked on how stuff has been moving, hope to keep it going.

starting strength coach development program
    It's summer ! Have to let the gunz out. Run the rack at least !