starting strength gym
Page 197 of 443 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I have heard a certain barbell-obsessed Texan that I know say something to the effect of "If you haven't gotten chlamydia at least a few times, you're not really living."
    So is that a Rip quote or J-Bomb quote? It's pretty damn funny….

What are the odds all three of us will be injured or sick or something, and we'll just end up going for BBQ and beer? And would that actually be a bad thing??
    First of all, don't put a curse on us and secondly, yea, it'll still be great.

I didn't mean TMI in the "this is really intensely personal and private" sense, more the "it's not really relevant and is boring and has nothing to do with training" sense.
    Now, the knee sleeves thing, on the other hand...
    In my father's day syphilis was nothing to be ashamed of and I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT want to know about the knee sleeves incident(s).

It's a Rip quote (or paraphrase), as told to Jordan, and then relayed to us.

I'll tell you about the knee sleeves over some BBQ and beer...which will happen AFTER we all lift, obviously.

I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT want to know about the knee sleeves incident(s).
    Yes Rob, you do want to know about the knee sleeve incident. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Yes Rob, you do want to know about the knee sleeve incident. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
    Man, wolf is telling errrrybody!

This story sounds juicy. Someone pm me the 411.

Since it's TMI Tuesday (if that wasn't a thing, now it is), I'll give a brief update on what's been happening/why no updates here in over a week:
    Because I haven't been able to train.

Long story short: I've had a small cyst on my neck for almost two years. It became infected the week before last, which is why I was reporting not feeling 100% a couple weeks ago (i.e. the day I squatted 450x5x3). It hadn't fully blossomed yet, but was on its way. By Thursday it was enlarged, painful, and red; Friday I saw the Dr. Took a 5 day course of anti-biotics, which did nothing, and made an appointment to have it drained. During the interim, I trained last Saturday but the infection was pretty bad by then and I don't even know how I squatted 460x5. Sub par work on the press and DL that day. Didn't train at all between then and Thursday, since I felt like utter crap every day. Got it drained Thursday, which was a quick procedure but requires several more days to finish expelling its lovely contents. It's almost done oozing and leaking now (wonderful visuals, no?), and I now only need a giant band-aid on it, instead of needing a full dressing as I did Thursday through Saturday. I lifted some light weight today, and will lift again tomorrow or Wednesday. I go back in Thursday for a check-up, and at that point we'll schedule a removal of the whole thing. After that, I probably will miss another week or so of training. So basically, the month of August is a total wash for me, and I'll have to spend some time ramping back up again once I can lift again after the removal. Not much I can do about it, I still want to do the USAPL AO in December, I'll just have a shorter time to train for it than I had hoped.

All weights today are in KG
    Squat
    20x5x2, 60x5, 80x5, 100x5, 120x5

Press
    20x5, 30x5, 40x5, 50x5, 60x5, 70x5

Deadlift
    60x5, 100x5, 140x5

I finished in about 30-35 minutes, even though I didn't hurry and bullshitted plenty with the people there between sets.

Long story short: I've had a small cyst on my neck for almost two years.
    A cyst, sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by medwards View Post
    A cyst, sure.
    What the hell! Where'd you get that pic?! I was sure I changed the privacy setting on that one to 'private' on facebook. Fuck.

I found the video.

starting strength coach development program
    Lovely.