Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf - Page 226

starting strength gym
Page 226 of 443 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,867

    Default

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
    Exactly. Slow and steady wins the race.

    There's no better place on here than this log for learning what it takes to command some shit to grow:

    http://youtu.be/Qc6EePCSuSk?t=4m28s
    Thanks, Will. Always nice to see you drop in here.

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleMask View Post
    Sorry to clog up space here, and I know your post was in jest. But I'm honestly so goddamn sick of this fucker. What's the point?
    Heh, it's ok. CT Fletcher does seem to be somewhat of a caricature sometimes, it can get old and be overdone etc...but I still find it entertaining sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Good news on the knee wolf ! Injuries suck. I haven't been 100% in awhile myself. I can't imagine not lifting and numbers are just numbers. Eh?

    I am gonna rock the topknot next time I pr a deadlift now.
    Thanks man. Injuries definitely suck. Trying to take it slow with the knee, keep doing the things that made/are making it better, and not start doing too much too soon. Top knot'll add 12.762% to your pulls, brah.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Congrats on the 555x5 pull, Wolf. Happy to see things continuing to improve for you. I also could not agree more about the overall benefits of keeping a log on here and just being a part of the SS community in general. I think we are all fortunate to be able to interact with so many great people. Looking forward to seeing you continue to heal up and get back to hitting some big numbers across the board.
    Thanks Doc. In case it wasn't extremely obvious, you are most certainly a large part of what I was talking about. Not only your knowledge and wisdom about rehab, which I have benefitted from numerous times, but also the ability to pour large buckets of ice water over your head on the famed Wolf Manor Porch.

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Great news, Wolf! Those inverted pushups and closer grip benching of the past few weeks might have helped with your BP and contributing to the triceps work/fatigue, too.
    Last edited by Walter Palmer; 02-03-2015 at 03:14 PM.

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Hey Wolf, awesome set of 5 on the heavy pulls, and a great write-up. I also want the thank you for being a great source of encouragement to me for the past few years! Your perseverance through all the setbacks is truly admirable.

    If you it makes you feel better, anytime I get injured, thanks to you, I can always say, "At least I'm not injured as much as Michael Wolf!"

    lol, j/k....too soon?

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Great news, Wolf! Those inverted pushups and closer grip benching of the past few weeks might have helped with your BP and contributing to the triceps work/fatigue, too.
    Might be. My suspicion for various reasons is that it's the chins, but could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Hey Wolf, awesome set of 5 on the heavy pulls, and a great write-up. I also want the thank you for being a great source of encouragement to me for the past few years! Your perseverance through all the setbacks is truly admirable.

    If you it makes you feel better, anytime I get injured, thanks to you, I can always say, "At least I'm not injured as much as Michael Wolf!"
    Ha, thanks Steve. You wouldn't be the first to use that line...but hopefully the last!

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,867

    Default

    Didn't feel great today. Didn't get much sleep last night, and what I got wasn't great quality. A bit concerned that I'm fighting off a cold or something, but will just have to wait and see.

    Snatch Grip DL
    405x3 (beltless, by mistake) @ 6.5
    425x3 (w/ belt) @ 7
    425x3 (beltless, by mistake again) @ 7
    Notes: This is when I suspected something was up. Pulls felt off, and I kept getting hazy headed and forgetting to put on my belt. Also, straps really dug in today.

    Clean Pull
    315x2, 335x2, 355x2x2
    Notes: Felt slow off the floor, and sluggish overall. No pop. Not sure how I got onto my toes and shrugged, but I did.

    BB Row
    225x5, 245x5, 265x5
    Notes: Still hate these.

    Conditioning
    At first, turf was busy so I did 20/1:40 on the rower. But I felt like I couldn't catch the highest gear, no matter what I did. Did 4, I think, @ 1:45, 1:27.7, 1:23.3, 1:24.7. Then turf opened up and did 5 round trips on the sled with high handles down and low handles back each time @ 70lbs. Felt like 150 lbs. No gas left.

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    I have a very important question: How long have you been growing out your hair?

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Rask View Post
    I have a very important question: How long have you been growing out your hair?
    An excellent question. Almost exactly a year. I don't know the precise date, but I got my last haircut not long before leaving for Houston last February 16. This famous masterpiece of modern filmmaking was taken roughly two weeks after my last haircut:


  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    An excellent question. Almost exactly a year. I don't know the precise date, but I got my last haircut not long before leaving for Houston last February 16. This famous masterpiece of modern filmmaking was taken roughly two weeks after my last haircut:

    Impressive hair gains. Roughly the same time for me, no suck luck on the hair bun

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Rask View Post
    Impressive hair gains. Roughly the same time for me, no suck luck on the hair bun
    As my old Italian childhood barber used to tell me: "You got lotsa hair and it's lotsa thick!"

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Illinois-"Chicagoland"
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    As my old Italian childhood barber used to tell me: "You got lotsa hair and it's lotsa thick!"
    My barber never said that. Ever.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •