starting strength gym
Page 23 of 443 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Awesome job, Wolf! Take a nap...you deserve it.

Daaamn Wolf. Good work! Unfortunately, the Barbell wiped the floor with MY weak ass this morning lol.

And the eating? Impressive! 10 rolls of sushi? Was that in one sitting? Or over the 2 days? Just curious and for bragging rights...as in "I know this guy who can eat 10 rolls of sushi!!" lol.

Got my quick lift in before heading to the airport today (where I'm typing this from). Chicago today to see mom, then up.to.Milwaukee for the weekend.

Foam rolled, shoulder.mobs

Press
    45*5, 95*5*2, 125*3, 155*2, 185*5*3
    First work set was hard. second was very hard. Third was brutal. I think the last rep.of the 3rd set took about 10 seconds.
    Fer serious. And I rested ~5 mins between sets too. Glad that's over.

Chins
    Good to be back to sets of 10 across @ bw which is up 5-7 lbs too, so I'm definitely stronger in.these.

That's all.the lifting for today.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCClaud View Post
    Daaamn Wolf. Good work! Unfortunately, the Barbell wiped the floor with MY weak ass this morning lol.

And the eating? Impressive! 10 rolls of sushi? Was that in one sitting? Or over the 2 days? Just curious and for bragging rights...as in "I know this guy who can eat 10 rolls of sushi!!" lol.
    I ate 5 rolls in one sitting on both Thurs and Fri last week. I've eaten as many as 7 rolls by myself in one shot many times. No.doubt I could eat more, but I wasn't trying to stuff myself. Just eat lunch
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 08-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Typing from my phone in the hotel room at 1 am, so excuse the typos. I'm too tired to type carefully and too lazy to fix the typos even if I notice them.

Had to get a quick lift in during lunch today at the seminar. Tom C and squatted together. We were also both supposed to bench but not enough time so we'll see if that happens tomorrow. It was a treat squatting with Tom there to coach me, especially since I usually lift alone in a globo.

Pvc'd the crap out of my erectors, which are acting up this weekend (right side) for the first tine in 2-3 months. Only helped a little but better than nothing.

Squats
    45*5*2, 135*5*2, 225*3, 295*2, 350*1, 400*5*3

Getting 400 for 3 sets of 5 across in LP was good. First set was the best of the 3, Tom said they bar apeed was great and it looked like 275. The next two sets were hard, reps 4&5 of third set a grind, but made it through all of them.

Good night from Milwaukee.

Default Sunday, 8/19/12

During lunch yesterday, I benched. We didn't break for lunch till about 1:30pm, and I hadn’t eaten since breakfast @ 7:30am. I also had a slight headache, possibly due in part to getting 5hrs sleep the night before and drinking lots of whiskey- neither conducive to recovery from 400*5*3 squats.

Anyway…lifted with Tom C again, so at least we both had good hand-offs.

Bench Press
    45*5*2, 135*5*2, 195*3, 245*2, 290*5*3

Last 2 reps of third set were hard. My right elbow into tricep insertion was barking, but I sacked up and pushed through it.

The crew brought us back lunch from a local diner called Irina's. Best Reubens ever, the corned beef was out of this world and the bread was homemade. Really damn good sandwich. Also funny because Tom and I (and then Big Matt) were doing the Russian/Ukranian accent all weekend (because everything's funnier when you say it with a fake russian accent), so getting lunch from Irinas - clearly Ukranian - was the icing on the cake.

Once again typing from my phone. Up in the Berkshires this week at pre-season camp for the fall athletes of the DIII school where I'm part time S&C Coach. Nicr to get away but lots of work, sub-par lifting equipment, and.not the greatest food for building strength. I'll survive the week.

Since conditions are so sub optimal anyway, I just did a recovery lift today. I don't think these crqppy old bars could handle the loads I'd usually put.on anyway.

Squats - high bar, giving elbows a rest since cant load 405 anyway
    45*5*2, 135*5, 185*3, 225*2, 275*3*3, 325*1*3

Press - both racks too low.to.press in, even though I'm only 6' with avg length arms. Had to.clean,.except none of the bars spin well either. Theyre.all.old and rusty. Did my best.
    45*5*2, 95*5, 135*5,8,10
    The cleans.sucked but what can you do.

Deadlift.-.all the bars' knurling.was smoothed out AND i forgot my chalk. So no.impressive pulling.was.gonna.happen here today.
    225*3, 315*2, 405*5

Back to.civilization tomorrow night! Only about 27 mosquito.bites to.show.for.it

sounds like a pit-hole. this is for a team? lame.

Ya it's kinda lame but it's primarily.meant for.their sports practices. They have the soccer.fields, tennis and volleyball courts, and track and running trails needed for.the teams. As usual, weight work.is given.some.leve of lip service importance but is relegated to a secondary role.

The camp.is.fairly nice, but the weight room equipment isnt.

Apologies to all the people whose logs I usually follow and comment on: been away from home for over a week with very little computer access. Had internet from my phone about half the time, but that damn touchscreen sucks and anything I type is so full of typos (those 2-3 posts I made in my own log from my phone? Even after editing 3 times, they still had about a million periods in the wrong place) I didn't want to embarrass myself and besmirch your logs by posting from it.

I'm finally back, and will be back to following you regularly now. Also, I came down with a bad cold over the past few days, so in addition to not being able to train normally this past week at camp, I now can't train at all. Weird how I didn't get sick since 2008, and now have gotten sick twice in less than 2 months.

Anyway, it's frustrating because my next squat workout was to be 405x5x3, which would have been AWESOME SAUCE!!! But alas, I'll have to wait a few more days - probably till Tuesday, re-set to wherever I need to re-set to, and work my way back up. Such is life.

starting strength coach development program
    Bummer about the cold. And right at four plates!

Am interested in your feedback on my last squat day if you have any...

Loved.the.periods.. I hate typing on my iPhone but still love my iPhone. I really wish they'd release one w/ a real keyboard.