starting strength gym
Page 304 of 443 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    But will TSwizzle appreciate my shakes? Or will she just go on too many dates but not make em stay?!
    I'm sure you'll be able to shake it off.

Pre-seminar training at Crossfit Excursion in VA with Tom and Sims and Taylor Swift.

Squat - 500x3

Deadlift 545x3
    I've said it before but it needs to be said again. Your retain strength really well. Through layoffs, build ups, injuries, it always seems to come back for you in pretty short order. I wish it worked that way for me. Your strength retention is enviable. Happy to see you lifting the big weights again and looking forward to seeing more of the comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    I've said it before but it needs to be said again. Your retain strength really well. Through layoffs, build ups, injuries, it always seems to come back for you in pretty short order. I wish it worked that way for me. Your strength retention is enviable. Happy to see you lifting the big weights again and looking forward to seeing more of the comeback.
    I'm surprised it doesn't work this way for you. My own strength retention isn't terribly different than what I've seen from people I've coached who have taken layoffs and then come back.

I'm surprised it doesn't work this way for you. My own strength retention isn't terribly different than what I've seen from people I've coached who have taken layoffs and then come back.
    The age that you started must be a large factor. I started at 40 and have pretty poor strength retention, yet people I know that grew up on farms and never strength trained beyond that are still breaking people's arms when they drunk arm wrestle.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Simczyk View Post
    The age that you started must be a large factor. I started at 40 and have pretty poor strength retention, yet people I know that grew up on farms and never strength trained beyond that are still breaking people's arms when they drunk arm wrestle.
    I tend to think so. It makes sense; early exposure to stress that causes a persistent adaptation. If the foundation is put down so early, and if done thoroughly enough, it becomes a permanent part of your physical being.

Wolf, what do you do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Simczyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I tend to think so. It makes sense; early exposure to stress that causes a persistent adaptation. If the foundation is put down so early, and if done thoroughly enough, it becomes a permanent part of your physical being.
    Might be something to this, although in my case that would apply more to bench press than much else. I didn't start pressing, squatting, and deadlifting until I was 26, and didn't really use anything resembling logical programming till 29.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsones300 View Post
    not sure if serious.jpg

Solid light day squats and bench work today.

Squat - every set done both 1. high bar first and last rep paused and 2. low bar paused
    135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 265x3, 295x3
    belt- 325x3, 345x3
    Notes: Felt a little fatigued today but these were OK. 345 a bit slow but not bad. Back cooperative enough to do them but not great.

Bench Press
    115x8, 165x5, 205x5, 235x5, 265x5, 295x5
    belt - 315x5 @9.5, 285x5
    225x8
    Notes: I really wanted to do 315 so went to it even though 295 was fairly hard. 315 actually went better, but it's heavier after all, I haven't benched seriously in almost a year, and I am still somewhat fatigued from Monday's pressing, so they were hard. Still, happy to be back at 315 so quickly.

Ring Rows
    BWx10,8,8,8,8 - easy. Elbows a little pissed, so took it easier and didn't do chins.

KB Snatch
    20kg x5, 24kg x5, 32kg x5x2 - easy

32kg snatches on IG

C2 Erg - 20/60 x7
    Paces: 1:45.2, 1:37.0, 1:34.3, 1:33.4, 1:39, 1:39, 1:37
    Notes: While these are slower than I used to do 30/90s at, they're faster than I've done lately. I was ready to speed em up a little more on the 4th interval when my abs started cramping a bit so had to slow it down and stay more upright the rest of the way to avoid the mid-interval ab cramp. That slowed me down a bunch. Still, faster than I've gone in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsones300 View Post
    He's a hair model. You've probably seen some of his work.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, you're probably right.