Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wolf's Disease Status Update
    Nosebleed situation: No relapses, seemingly fine
    Back situation: tweaked AF, no squats or pulls for now
    Elbow Situation: only minor twinges today, probably due to not squatting.

Press - belt + wraps for 215 and after
    185x5, 200x5 @7, 215x3 @7.5, 225x2 @8, 235x1 @8, 200x5 @7.5, 185x5
    Notes: My back was slightly better today and I was able to Press 2.0, though it twinged a little bit on some reps of the reach. Overall these were solid and moved well, should be able to continue climbing back up.

Press Medley on IG

Close Grip Bench Press
    255x5, 275x5x3 @6.5, 6.5, 7
    Notes: Solid, very happy with how easy these were considering a) the presses I'd just done b) the bench workout I did Wednesday c) how long it's been since I've trained either lift regularly

Chins
    BWx7x5 - easy

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I've recently heard of this beer yoga thing. That will obviously be an evening class option. And maybe a lunchtime special, cause it's 5 o'clock somewhere. There can be options for watching the yoga or doing the yoga. Who's in for a pre-sale membership???
    Depends on the set up, do you provide the beer or is it a BYOB situation? If you provide the beer is it craft beer or the regular bud light/Budweiser type? I'm down for the pre-sale membership as long as there is a t-shirt thrown in. It doesn't have to be a beer yoga shirt, one of yours will be fine I'm not a picky man.

We provide your basic domestic and imported bottles, and select drafts. BYOB if you want those horrible, bitter IPAs that everyone pretends to like so they can nod their heads knowingly at each other, sharing their mutual appreciation of a well developed palette for absolute swill.

We provide your basic domestic and imported bottles, and select drafts. BYOB if you want those horrible, bitter IPAs that everyone pretends to like so they can nod their heads knowingly at each other, sharing their mutual appreciation of a well developed palette for absolute swill.
    Here's a guy speaking truth to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Here's a guy speaking truth to power.
    I'm an intersectional beerologist.

I'm an intersectional beerologist.
    The only type of beerology that matters.

Wolf's Disease Status Update
    Nosebleed situation: No relapses, seemingly fine
    Back situation: tweaked AF, no squats or pulls for now
    Elbow Situation: only minor twinges today, probably due to not squatting.

Press - belt + wraps for 215 and after
    185x5, 200x5 @7, 215x3 @7.5, 225x2 @8, 235x1 @8, 200x5 @7.5, 185x5
    Notes: My back was slightly better today and I was able to Press 2.0, though it twinged a little bit on some reps of the reach. Overall these were solid and moved well, should be able to continue climbing back up.

Press Medley on IG

Close Grip Bench Press
    255x5, 275x5x3 @6.5, 6.5, 7
    Notes: Solid, very happy with how easy these were considering a) the presses I'd just done b) the bench workout I did Wednesday c) how long it's been since I've trained either lift regularly

Chins
    BWx7x5 - easy
    Maybe totally crazy here. But when my elbows get tweaked I add in the iron mind arm roller before squats putting the inside of my elbows on the squat bar and rolling 5-10lbs up and down twice a few times. (When you hit bottom keep twisting same angle to bring it back up reversed at top)Really warms up and massages that part of elbow. Do it between squat warm ups. Could be just in my head but who knows. I'm always getting tweakage from something. Friend says I'm made of crepe so just a thing I've tried.

Good luck.

Still can't squat or pull, so it's upper body MANIA this week. I'm going to bench, press, and chin all three days and even do some direct/isolation arm work, which I haven't done in 2.5 years. I miss it, so this should be fun, even without dumbbells.

Press - belt + wraps
    225x2 @7.5, 235x2 @8.5, 245x1 @8.75, 235x2 @8.75
    Notes: These were pretty solid, if not spectacular. Could feel my back during the hip reach of a few reps, but overall less than Friday.

Press Medley on IG

Bench Press
    295x5, 315x5, 325x5, 335x5 @7.5, 315x5
    Notes: Very solid. Pleased with these.

335x5 on IG

Chins
    BWx8x5
    Notes: Getting easier as I go. Regaining chin mojo is fun. Will resume weighted chins on Weds.

EZ Curl Standing Skull Crusher
    57x10, 77x10, 87x10
    Notes: 87 was still pretty easy but haven't done these since...? Summer 2014? So went light and eased back in. Sadly, no video.

Random notes:
    1. BW this morning was back down to 268, so if by some miracle my glass body heals in time to do the meet, I should be OK making weight at 275 if I don't screw anything else up in the meantime.
    2. Left shoulder (non-repaired side, but injured badly 4+ years ago) has been feeling pretty bad lately. Wondering if having a repair on that side at some point is inevitable.
    3. My left foot has been killing me - dorsally, medially, near the ankle. Probably navicular. Wondering if I somehow developed a stress fracture there. Fuckin Wolf's Disease, man.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 01-23-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: existential clarity

How do you feel about sour beers? Also will you give us the pump quarantine rating after getting some bro-work done?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingCurls69 View Post
    How do you feel about sour beers? Also will you give us the pump quarantine rating after getting some bro-work done?
    To me, they are the measure of a brewer's skill and a drinker's palate.