starting strength gym
Page 352 of 443 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We are all rooting for you Wolf. This may be the final solutions to the disease. Once you get though this awful period, maybe you will have exorcised all of your physiological demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    This may be the final solution
    Let's hope not

Mine was a open repair too. Yeah, it was definitely far more painful, but I had no problems with moving around. I had only inguinal hernia though
    How many months Till you can lift, according to the doctor?

We are all rooting for you Wolf. This may be the final solutions to the disease. Once you get though this awful period, maybe you will have exorcised all of your physiological demons.
    Eh, I still do have the back and knee stuff too. The right knee, especially, has been really bad all year and that may require some intervention as well. On the bright side, between the much larger mental focus on my front abdomen/groin right now and the constant supply of meds, I don't feel much in my back and knees right now.

So I'm probably not out of the forest yet, but one thing at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Let's hope not
    Tim K is an ardent student of Godwin's Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    Mine was a open repair too. Yeah, it was definitely far more painful, but I had no problems with moving around. I had only inguinal hernia though
    How many months Till you can lift, according to the doctor?
    Doc said 4-6 weeks. Based on how things are going thus far, I can't imagine trying it much sooner than that, anyway.

I vote for this plan as well. Let's get this guy healed up

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    I vote for this plan as well. Let's get this guy healed up
    That'd be nice. Thanks for the good wishes, guys.

First major outing today - a quarter mile walk each way to and from the grocery store, plus the shopping itself, plus carrying the bag bag home. It went better than expected, as my previous attempts to walk this much/this long in one shot led to moderate to bad discomfort before the end, and that was without carrying any extra weight or negotiating an overcrowded NYC grocery store with the narrow isles and aggressive rage-shoppers. But this went fine, very pleased.

Also, my shopping bag that I carried the 1/4 mile home weighed about 14 lbs. I'm not "supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs" till mid-September. Oops.

I still do have some discomfort but for a few days now, I can move around OK inside my apartment (i.e. the first few days post-op, it took a good 1-2 minutes just to get up from a chair and hurt real bad for 5-10 minutes after doing so), and now I can also start to do some basic errands and tasks outside as well. Compared to even 5 days ago, this is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    First major outing today - a quarter mile walk each way to and from the grocery store, plus the shopping itself, plus carrying the bag bag home. It went better than expected, as my previous attempts to walk this much/this long in one shot led to moderate to bad discomfort before the end, and that was without carrying any extra weight or negotiating an overcrowded NYC grocery store with the narrow isles and aggressive rage-shoppers. But this went fine, very pleased.

Also, my shopping bag that I carried the 1/4 mile home weighed about 14 lbs. I'm not "supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs" till mid-September. Oops.

I still do have some discomfort but for a few days now, I can move around OK inside my apartment (i.e. the first few days post-op, it took a good 1-2 minutes just to get up from a chair and hurt real bad for 5-10 minutes after doing so), and now I can also start to do some basic errands and tasks outside as well. Compared to even 5 days ago, this is huge.
    Good to hear

I had one side done as a kid and then the other done in my early 30's.

It was a outpatient surgery and I rested maybe one more full day after. I then started walking everyday and then swimming the following week. I didn't lift back then, but I did start doing pushups and chin ups after maybe a month at the most. Wound up being stronger than before the surgery by the 12 week mark when it was ok to lift 25lbs or whatever the original recommendation was.

You'll probably be PRing everything by 12 weeks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I'm not "supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs" till mid-September.
    Anything over 10 lbs, like, say, your arm? Or your hair?