starting strength gym
Page 362 of 443 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Cool press. Glad you did it without tweaking anything, if that's a safe assumption to make.
    So far. Wolf's Disease is perilous, though. I might not notice anything till my left shoulder spontaneously combusts in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I might not notice anything till my left shoulder spontaneously combusts in a couple weeks.
    Make sure to get that on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Make sure to get that on camera.
    I'll do my best.

Bench Press
    135x8, 185x5, 225x5, 245x5, 275x3, 300x2 @8, 275x3, 245x5
    Block Pulls (6")
    135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 345x5, 365x3, 405x1, 315x5
    Notes: Both lifts went OK. Dusted off my B&R bar for the first time since before surgery, for the block pulls. Was able to get through 345x5 DOH but it still feels pathetic how weak my grip, of all things, is.

Press
    95x5, 135x5, 155x5x2
    Chins
    BWx4x4, BWx3x3 = 25
    Notes: EZPZ.

DB Curls
    35x10, 40x8

Down in Miami to cheer the gf on at Wodapalooza over the weekend was a blast. The top CF athletes are, once again, super impressive. But I didn't have a chance to get in my own workout till today...well, I could've done it yesterday but Disney World.

At CF Baldwin Park in Orlando.

Press
    95x8, 135x5, 165x5, 185x5x2 @7,8; 165x5
    Squat
    BWx8x6
    Notes: I was at the gym while a class was going on, and they don't have an excess of small plates, so no 5s or 10s were available. I planned to do 135, 155, then 165, but I only had access to 15s, 25s, and 45s, so 155 wasn't possible. Jumped right to 165 and it was easy, so wanted to go up; since 175 wasn't possible to load, I went to 185 and it was fine too. Considering how heavy 200x1 felt last week, this was a very pleasant surprise.

185x5 on the grams

Chins
    BWx5x3, BWx4x3 = 27
    KB Swings
    24kg x12 x5

DB Curls
    35x10, 45x8

I didn't have a chance to get in my own workout till today...well, I could've done it yesterday but Disney World.
    Sorry, had to.

Not actually sorry.

Considering how heavy 200x1 felt last week, this was a very pleasant surprise.
    I think if you check your log you will realize 185x5 probably felt about how it should have

Down in Miami to cheer the gf on at Wodapalooza over the weekend was a blast. The top CF athletes are, once again, super impressive. But I didn't have a chance to get in my own workout till today...well, I could've done it yesterday but Disney World.

At CF Baldwin Park in Orlando.

Press
    95x8, 135x5, 165x5, 185x5x2 @7,8; 165x5
    Squat
    BWx8x6
    Notes: I was at the gym while a class was going on, and they don't have an excess of small plates, so no 5s or 10s were available. I planned to do 135, 155, then 165, but I only had access to 15s, 25s, and 45s, so 155 wasn't possible. Jumped right to 165 and it was easy, so wanted to go up; since 175 wasn't possible to load, I went to 185 and it was fine too. Considering how heavy 200x1 felt last week, this was a very pleasant surprise.

185x5 on the grams

Chins
    BWx5x3, BWx4x3 = 27
    KB Swings
    24kg x12 x5

DB Curls
    35x10, 45x8
    Glad to see training coming along. I particularly liked the barbed wire in the press video.

Assuming that is in Orlando? I was there last year and had a pretty funny experience finding a gym at which to train. Long story short, I find this place that looks promising on a facebook page and call the listed phone number only to realize that it was someone's incredibly well-equipped, personal garage gym that had its own facebook page. Disappointed, I thank the gentleman on the other end of the phone at which point he offers to mail me a few samples of his homemade pre-workout formula, which, according to him, has a far higher dose of stimulants than anything available in a store. Unfortunately, due to my wife's (legitimate) concerns, I never wound up sharing my address and didn't get to have a meth-fueled training session.

Wound up training at Power Strength gym which was a pretty well-equipped facility - kind of hybrid powerlifting/ bodybuilding/ globo gym in a strip mall (monolifts, deadlift bars, etc. next to treadmills). Would've liked to have gone to Orlando Barbell but the hours were too restrictive.

Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    I think if you check your log you will realize 185x5 probably felt about how it should have
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Glad to see training coming along. I particularly liked the barbed wire in the press video.

Assuming that is in Orlando? I was there last year and had a pretty funny experience finding a gym at which to train. Long story short, I find this place that looks promising on a facebook page and call the listed phone number only to realize that it was someone's incredibly well-equipped, personal garage gym that had its own facebook page. Disappointed, I thank the gentleman on the other end of the phone at which point he offers to mail me a few samples of his homemade pre-workout formula, which, according to him, has a far higher dose of stimulants than anything available in a store. Unfortunately, due to my wife's (legitimate) concerns, I never wound up sharing my address and didn't get to have a meth-fueled training session.

Wound up training at Power Strength gym which was a pretty well-equipped facility - kind of hybrid powerlifting/ bodybuilding/ globo gym in a strip mall (monolifts, deadlift bars, etc. next to treadmills). Would've liked to have gone to Orlando Barbell but the hours were too restrictive.

Enjoy the rest of the trip!
    Ya, I was in Miami for the weekend, then up in Orlando for a couple days. I lifted at Crossfit Baldwin Park, which is fairly near where I was staying and let me lift while they were open instead of requiring me to take their class. The coaches I met were very nice, but the place is not equipped for a full scale Intermediate lifter and beyond strength based workout. If this was 3 years ago, I wouldn't have been able to do what I needed to do there, and would've looked harder for a more strength oriented gym or a better equipped crossfit. But since I can't squat or pull, and my upper body lifts are only just beginning to crawl back up after nearly six months of not training, it was fine.

That said, I kinda want to know how well that guy's pre-workout works. #cocaineisthekey

starting strength coach development program
    Meant to do this yesterday, but just got too delayed and busy after getting home from the airport.

Bench Press
    250x5, 280x3, 250x5
    Squat
    BWx5x8

Rack Pull - just below knee
    315x5, 365x5, 405x2, 425x1, 315x5
    315x10 second DOH hold x 2
    Chins
    BWx3x8
    Notes: Grip felt a little better today, still weak but not as bad as before. Did 365 x 3 reps DOH then switched to hook to finish the set, then mixed for 405 and 425. Pretty easy all around. Encouraging.

Standing EZ Curl French Press
    67x10, 77x10

Then my first dipping my toe in the water of resuming conditioning. Took it suuuuuuper light and easy, since I had no idea where I'd be. Turned out to be too easy, but I'm ok with that.

With a 16kg KB:
    5 clean and press / arm
    10 swings
    Rest 1 min, repeat x 3
    Heart rate didn't really get up much, but this at least tells me my basement isn't as low as I feared it was.