starting strength gym
Page 37 of 443 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Today's training is cancelled, courtesy of the system-wide subway shutdown. Couldn't get to the gym, which is also where my shoes and belt are. Hopefully I'll be able to tomorrow, but very unlikely. Looks like I will indeed have a de-load week between end of SS and the beginning of the TM. Nature made that decision for me. At least I still have power.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Today's training is cancelled, courtesy of the system-wide subway shutdown. Couldn't get to the gym, which is also where my shoes and belt are. Hopefully I'll be able to tomorrow, but very unlikely. Looks like I will indeed have a de-load week between end of SS and the beginning of the TM. Nature made that decision for me. At least I still have power.
    Glad to hear you got power back. I just heard there will be limited subway service tomorrow, but none below 34th street. Downtown and Brooklyn are not getting anywhere fast.

I tried to drive to work this morning and after 45 minutes of just trying to get out of Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill I gave up and went home. Progress: 0.3 miles. All roads heading north to the bridges were completely backed up. No Battery Tunnel=no good.

Where is your gym anyway?

Default Re: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Didn't get power back, I just hadn't lost it yet when I wrote that post. Power went out about 8:45pm Monday. Probably won't get it back till Friday or Saturday in best case scenarios. My building ran out of water yesterday, too. We have plenty to drink but not enough for more than a few more toilet flushes and I can't find gallons anywhere, nor candles for night time. I'm low on both and if power's not back by Friday, may have to find somewhere to stay.

Gotta shut down my phone to conserve power. Walking a mile and waiting 2hrs just to charge your phone is a pain in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hang in there Wolf.

Didn't get power back, I just hadn't lost it yet when I wrote that post. Power went out about 8:45pm Monday. Probably won't get it back till Friday or Saturday in best case scenarios. My building ran out of water yesterday, too. We have plenty to drink but not enough for more than a few more toilet flushes and I can't find gallons anywhere, nor candles for night time. I'm low on both and if power's not back by Friday, may have to find somewhere to stay.

Gotta shut down my phone to conserve power. Walking a mile and waiting 2hrs just to charge your phone is a pain in the ass.

Dude, bummer. I didn't realize the date of that post. I saw you lost power at some point and had hoped was back...

Wish I could bring you some water at least. What's your address? I may drive into the city tomorrow, don't know how feasible it would be, but if you see this, text me you address.

Default Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Thinking about you Wolf.

Default Re: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Rob, thanks for the offer and thanks to everyone who has checked in. Havent checked in here since I wrote that post bc I was conserving phone battery, with nowhere reliable to charge.

After holding out without power or water for three days, we caved to the comforts of civilization and indoor plumbing. Josh and Shelley very generously offered to take us in immediately, and we took them up on it last night. We're staying at their place uptown till power returns, which is supposed to be 11pm Saturday.

Since I didnt have power and so couldnt watch any of the TV and news reports, I had no idea some folks got crushed by this storm so bad. The part of the city I live in is 100% fine. Even during the worst of the storm, you wouldnt have known anything extraordinary was happening. Just an occasional strong but not alarming wind gust. I only lost power because of the explosion at the power station, but my building and my apartment are 100% fine and life will return to normal as soon as power goes up.

Watching the news and the reports on TV for the first time last night was shocking. Parts of the Jersey Shore are completely swept away. Closer to home, other parts of NYC were hit really hard. Seems like Staten Island got it worst, but parts of Brooklyn and Queens were crushed too. One of Cara's co-workers lives in Queens with his pregnant wife, young baby, and now a big hole in their bedroom. Yet he was still expected at work come Tuesday.

I'm thankful our situation is as good as it is. And also a testament to this community. We met Josh and Shelley not 6 weeks ago, and they opened their home to us without hesitation. Strength of character goes hand in hand with strength under the bar.

Hang in there Wolfie. Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya.

glad to hear from you, wolf. stay strong.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm thankful our situation is as good as it is. And also a testament to this community. We met Josh and Shelley not 6 weeks ago, and they opened their home to us without hesitation. Strength of character goes hand in hand with strength under the bar.
    Hard times make it easier to figure out who the good (and bad) people are...