starting strength gym
Page 395 of 443 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Congrats on the great meet Wolf! Those squats in particular are incredible considering what you've been through. I hope you celebrated with some wine from a pringles can.

Congratulations Wolf! I enjoyed watching the meet, and I'm thrilled to see your PR's after all the injury trouble you've had in recent time. It's amazing to think what your squat could become with more regular training. Thanks for always taking the time to interact here, and thanks for always bringing a humorous edge to all this 'serious' lifting business!

Quote Originally Posted by m.z.mac View Post
    Mr. Wolf,
    I have been creeping through the early pages of your log for about the past 2 weeks, so watching you turn some lifetime goals into meet PRs, yesterday, was really exciting!
    It was also exciting to realize that you put up even higher numbers in a Strengthlifitng meet, than in your first 3 or 4 PL meets. It’s awesome to see how far you’ve come even through all the injuries and down times!
    Thanks. That's a good point. My first powerlifting meet 7 years ago I totaled 1330, and wasn't a real novice with tons of easy progress left to reap when I did that. I almost hit 1600 on Saturday at a strengthlifting meet with the press instead of the bench, even though I bench about 150 lbs more than I press. That's puts it in good perspective for me as well - thank you. Progress stalls, regresses, you get hurt, you get sick, you have surgery, you come back, you get hurt again - but if you keep at it, the progress is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Martin View Post
    Congrats on the great meet Wolf! Those squats in particular are incredible considering what you've been through. I hope you celebrated with some wine from a pringles can.
    Ha! So funny! I almost spit my wine out, from the pringles can, when I read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Congratulations Wolf! I enjoyed watching the meet, and I'm thrilled to see your PR's after all the injury trouble you've had in recent time. It's amazing to think what your squat could become with more regular training. Thanks for always taking the time to interact here, and thanks for always bringing a humorous edge to all this 'serious' lifting business!
    Thank you sir. I feel the same way about my squat, like even 700 would be possible. Alas I doubt that'll ever happen, but after this meet I'm itching to somehow at least do 600 before it's all over.

Congrats Wolf! Awesome Pull!!!

Congrats Wolf - great lifting.

Despite the Universe's best efforts, you're still strong as fuck. It was an honor to watch you do your thing in person. That 700lb pull gave me goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Velazquez View Post
    Congrats Wolf! Awesome Pull!!!
    Thanks Al!

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Congrats Wolf - great lifting.
    Thanks Big Jim. Probably wouldn't be allowed at the spa.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Despite the Universe's best efforts, you're still strong as fuck. It was an honor to watch you do your thing in person. That 700lb pull gave me goosebumps.
    Determination and consistency can beat even Wolf's Disease, whaddya know? Good to meet you, albeit briefly, at the meet.

I usually take 2 full days off after a meet, like I do at the end of a normal training week, but upped it to four this time between the unplanned heavy squats and the extra travel and mental pressure I put on myself for this meet. I'll go in today and do something later. My plan is to train "off season" style for the next ~3ish months: a little more assistance than usual, though still doing the main lifts, more submaximal on average, and more conditioning. I also plan to lose some fat - I'm currently more muscular than I've ever been, but due to not having access to my cookware for much of this training cycle, got used to eating out a lot and gained some fat and some bloat. The bloat should only take a week or so to get rid of, and then I'd like to cut a couple inches off my waist.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 01-24-2019 at 11:17 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Super easy and light today but body still felt everything. Nothing hurts or feel sore or painful, but light weights today felt like a ton of bricks.

CGBP: First and last rep paused
    Sets of 8 at: 135, 185, 225, 275, 275
    RDL
    Sets of 5 at: 135, 185, 225, 275, 275

Seated DB Press
    50x10, 60x10x2
    Lat Pulldown
    3x10

Did BW x5x5 squats between various things above, interspersed.

Tried to do some rowing on the erg, but abs and adductors, of all things, were cramping up - not ready for that yet I guess, still recovering. Will try again Saturday.