starting strength gym
Page 90 of 443 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I think this may just be the fate of being a strength athlete.... I just need to do it faster next time. It took me over 1/2 the year!
    Agreed. You are getting close to that 405 again. GET IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Squats looked decent to me. That was a lot of lifting for one day! FOUR LIFT MONDAY!
    They felt awful when I did them, but ya, upon review, just a few minor things need cleaning up. But I'm telling you, when I'm actually squatting it feels like I forgot how to do the movement. It's so weird.

These four lift days aren't so horrible when they're all re-loading weights. If I was at true working weights, it would have taken me much longer and I'd have been SO gassed. Gonna switch to a split routine once I'm back at regular working weights.

In regards to forgetting how to squat: That's just your brain...your body says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    In regards to forgetting how to squat: That's just your brain...your body says otherwise.
    Thanks Kong. I need some encouragement right now.

Also, this may be gratuitous, but what the hell: Some of you may have seen this tweet earlier today by Hugh Jackman, as he pulled 463. Thing is, I trained at that gym for quite a while and have pulled on that very platform. It was too good to ignore. So I replied with my first ever tweet (even though I signed up for twitter about a year ago, I think), which you can see here.

Too much?

Nah. You should have told him that you want a part in the new X-men movie as Colossocalf! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Nah. You should have told him that you want a part in the new X-men movie as Colossocalf! :-)
    I like the sound of that. Character gets super mutant powers because of his socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I like the sound of that. Character gets super mutant powers because of his socks.
    I was thinking you would have collosus' armor, but only in the calf region. You would then throw high kicks to block all the bullets flying at you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I was thinking you would have collosus' armor, but only in the calf region. You would then throw high kicks to block all the bullets flying at you. :-)
    Les, are you more of a nerd than I am?

Recovery day liftin' today. No Hugh Jackman besting feats of strength to report today.

Warmed up with two empty bar sets of squats.

Press
    45x5, 95x5, 125x3, 155x2, 175x5, 195x3, 215x1, 175x5
    Notes: Recovery day protocol. Felt pretty good.

KB Swings
    24 kg x 12 x 4
    Notes: Did the 1st set to break up presses and chins; next three sets were so I didn't get so bored during the rest period for chins.

Chins
    BW x 6 x 4
    Notes: Super easy today, way easier than last week's BW x 5 x 4. But stuck with the plan and didn't add any extra reps. I'll be back to 3-4 x 8-12 again in no time.

C2 Erg
    20s Row / 1:40 rest x 10 @ RPE: 5,7,8,9,10,10,10,9,8,6
    Don't remember exact paces for all ten but the RPE 10's were ~1:26.

215 on press is recovery? What's your press these days? Pretty impressive.

Maybe I'll get on Amazon and order some socks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    215 on press is recovery? What's your press these days? Pretty impressive.

Maybe I'll get on Amazon and order some socks.
    I did 221.5x5 and 223x4 and 240 for a couple singles after the 221.5 set of 5. So I figure 215 for one solitary single at 215 is heavy enough to keep me used to "heavy" but light enough that it won't interfere with benching a couple days later.

I'll be going for 330x5x3 in your gym this weekend. With the magic socks on.