starting strength gym
Page 93 of 443 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yesterday's Training:

wattup new shoes

Nice lifting! I always appreciate the coaches videos. It's good information to compare my technique to yours. (Please hint to someone you want a tripod for your birthday.)

You need this for your birthday

http://www.roguefitness.com/perchmount-fit.php

: )

Squats are looking good.

I like watching your squats and then comparing them to mine to see where I need to make adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Ya, I'm using the basic LP set and rep scheme just to re-load. Getting further than I did when I finished my LP makes sense, since I built some strength beyond where I was at the end of LP after that. So I'm not going to mash 3x5 into the ground, but made sense to run it as far it it would take me without any trouble and then switch back to a volume/intensity weekly manipulation. This'll probably be the last 3x5 week on squats..
    I regretted not doing this. Jeremy does it when he has to reset due to injury or something and I really took way longer than i needed to get back to 300+ work sets. I'll remember that next time. (fingers crossed I won't have to for a long time!)

Looks like you may just get your wish. Let's hope I can step it up.

Today was solid. Long, but solid. Now that I'm back at/near previous working weights again, I remember what a marathon these workouts are. I will enjoy switching to the split routine next week, methinks.

Also, lifted in my Rogue 1/2" heel shoes for the first time. I liked them.
    November is all that matters! This makes me happy.

Glad you like your new ruby slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Stroup View Post
    wattup new shoes
    Yessir. The ruby slippers as Mr. Kong referred to them. I think these half inchers and I will get along just fine (insert obligatory that's what she said).

Quote Originally Posted by clembeeblebrox View Post
    Nice lifting! I always appreciate the coaches videos. It's good information to compare my technique to yours. (Please hint to someone you want a tripod for your birthday.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosin Warrior View Post
    Squats are looking good.

I like watching your squats and then comparing them to mine to see where I need to make adjustments.
    Glad you guys can benefit from the vids. There are better technical squatters than me, and the set-up of the gym doesn't allow for the best angles, but I'm always glad when I hear of anyone benefitting their own lifting from what I post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    You need this for your birthday

http://www.roguefitness.com/perchmount-fit.php

: )
    Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/EEEKit-Flexibl...e+stand+camera

or just buy that(or one of the 100s of clones on amazon) right now. You can send me the extra $20 if you want though.

I use one just like it, if not that one. Works perfectly fine and there's always something to set it on. It also wraps around stuff, but I haven't had to do that yet. I just drag one of the taller "plyo boxes" things that my gym has over to where I am.
    I guess some aren't so thrilled with the angles after all. Equipment and walls are in the way of getting good angles, but footage would be slightly better with one of these fancy gadgets. Birthday is in January, but I didn't get anything for my half birthday that just passed in July, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I regretted not doing this. Jeremy does it when he has to reset due to injury or something and I really took way longer than i needed to get back to 300+ work sets. I'll remember that next time. (fingers crossed I won't have to for a long time!)
    I hear you man. I remember thinking it was taking you a while to get back there. People seem to crave complexity but I've found the 3x5 to be useful for many things besides the basic Novice LP. But yes, hopefully neither of us will need to do this again for quite a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    November is all that matters! This makes me happy.

Glad you like your new ruby slippers.
    It was your comment more than anything else (about how three weeks really isn't going to make a huge difference) that knocked me off my stupidity perch. Doing the meet with all you guys, rather than by myself, is more than worth the few weeks of training. There's always 2014! What sealed it was finding out women and lighter men lift separately on Sunday. That means I can keep my commitment to the people I told I'd take to the meet; they'll lift Sunday, and I'll lift on Saturday. Good shiz.

Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    looking skrong!

got into some of your bad habits wrt knee sliding during that last set of squats, but meh(3rd & 5th rep of that set were the best, I think). I think you've got a secret admirer staring you down though. He looks like the stalker type, watch yourself
    SKRONG is the goal!

Ya, there was a bit of knee slide-age on some of those reps, especially set three. Not too bad, but a little. It felt much worse when I was doing them than seeing them afterwards.

Haha, that guy is my bench press spotter. He's an ATC who works in the PT Clinic that's in the gym. Good guy.

Light, easy day today.

Squat
    45x5x2, 95x5, 135x5
    Notes: Literally just did these to warm up. Didn't stop because of any problems, just think my left TFL or whatever is so damn tight would be happier with a more full break between heavy squat sessions. Felt good though.

Press
    45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 175x5, 195x3, 215x1, 175x5
    Notes: 175x5 feels much lighter after going up to 215x1. That is all.

Chins
    BW x4x4
    Notes: Decided I'm going to try a run of strict dead-hang chins. I've been using the stretch reflex at the bottom. Since I've been inconsistent with chins AND this was the first time I was doing them strict, I kept volume low. Will increase steadily, no challenge here today.

C2 Erg
    The Feigen-ditioning Protocol: 0:20/1:40 x 8 - except I did the first two as warm-ups. Also since I haven't been consistent with conditioning, took a little ramp up. I did two of these @ 1:24, the rest were a little slower.

starting strength coach development program
    It was your comment more than anything else (about how three weeks really isn't going to make a huge difference) that knocked me off my stupidity perch. Doing the meet with all you guys, rather than by myself, is more than worth the few weeks of training. There's always 2014! What sealed it was finding out women and lighter men lift separately on Sunday. That means I can keep my commitment to the people I told I'd take to the meet; they'll lift Sunday, and I'll lift on Saturday. Good shiz.
    I'm glad they split it up this way too. Last time, I felt so bad because I didn't get to see all of the girls lifts. This time I'll be right up in Rori and Jenica's ear cheering them on and taking video. There will be no missing footage of this epic event.