starting strength gym
Page 269 of 443 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Like I said before, the real world is Wilks-less, so I won't use my lack of mass as an excuse. Hell, if I had your calves and man bun, there's no telling what I'd weigh. 600-300-700 (1600) would be pretty badass.

Jesus. Just saw your workout. Hope you didn't get rhabdo!
    Last edited by KyleMask; 10-27-2015 at 08:17 PM.

hello gluten,
    meet punishment ,

congrats on your meet results,
    and this too I guess

If it is any consolation, I thought this was a fantastic idea. You have the strength and willpower to accomplish something like this, and did. It isn't for everyone, nor is it something for regular training, but it was a nice little treat for yourself.

Thanks for posting this. It is a great bit of inspiration.

Was that your heaviest volume squat session of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMask View Post
    Like I said before, the real world is Wilks-less, so I won't use my lack of mass as an excuse. Hell, if I had your calves and man bun, there's no telling what I'd weigh. 600-300-700 (1600) would be pretty badass.
    600-300-700 would be awesome to see at a strength meet. One day the kids of future internet forums will talk about you like we talk about Kaz or Doug Young.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMask View Post
    Jesus. Just saw your workout. Hope you didn't get rhabdo!
    Oh jeeeeeezus, now you got me all paranoid about rhabdo. Do I even XFit eleet fitnesses?

Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    hello gluten,
    meet punishment ,

congrats on your meet results,
    and this too I guess
    Uh, thanks. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    If it is any consolation, I thought this was a fantastic idea. You have the strength and willpower to accomplish something like this, and did. It isn't for everyone, nor is it something for regular training, but it was a nice little treat for yourself.

Thanks for posting this. It is a great bit of inspiration.

Was that your heaviest volume squat session of all time?
    It would probably have been smarter to do it more than 48 hours after tapering and competing and hitting new Squat and DL PRs, and maybe after building up some more adaptation to volume. A few of my clients have been under the weather and looks like I caught it, so today am now dealing with the soreness plus some kind of bug, which is less than wonderful. But I'm glad it was inspiring - it was certainly hard as hell and took a lot of willpower to get through!

It's by far the most volume I've done in one workout, since I've been paying attention to such things - but I doubt I ever did more before, either. Over the past 6 months or so, I hit about 18,000-26,000 lbs per week of tonnnage, depending on the week and phase of my programming. That's not counting warm-up sets, so let's say 30-35k in a week, tops. This was 36k in one workout. Even though the average rep weight is only 172, it's 210 total reps. Just killer for someone like me who is adapted to 1-6 reps and no more than 40 work weight reps per workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Uh, thanks. I think.
    oh somehow that doesn't read the way I thought I wrote it 12 hours ago.
    I think it's the "I Guess", delete that,
    I meant nothing but respect

Today, I accomplished the amazing feat of being able to walk up and down stairs without using the railing for help, and being able to control my descent just a little bit when I sit down on the couch and pot, as opposed to basically falling from a standing position. None of which I was able to do yesterday. (Only exaggerating a little.)
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 10-29-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Today, I accomplished the amazing feat of being able to walk up and down stairs without using the railing for help
    Is that a PR?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Is that a PR?
    Hell yes, and I'm damn proud of it.

I took the rest of the week off, 5 days in a row. I haven't done that in I don't know how long. Maybe I had 5 straight days off when I was sick in the late summer, but I don't think it was that many. Almost sure I haven't done that since I got that cyst cut out of my neck over a year ago. I'll be back at it today, ramping back up in no big hurry. I'm thinking next meet sometime in the Spring, so at least 4 months away.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 11-02-2015 at 12:35 PM.

First day back wasn't too bad or creaky. But I went pretty light so it would be somewhat worrisome if it was bad.

Squat - rehbands, beltless
    [135,225,275,325,365] x5
    then + chains
    275+40x3, 275+80x3, 305+80x3
    Notes: Everything today was pretty easy, the 365x5 being the hardest but still not actually hard at all. Kept volume low and did the chains instead of straight weight as back-offs mostly just for fun. The earliest I'll compete again is over 4 months away, so going to give myself about 2 months of "off-season" where I still train but don't focus on pushing the weight up exclusively, but incorporate a little more variety for fun and do a bit more conditioning. See if I have the willpower to work the mAAcros enough to get below 120kg. I can, the question is always do I care enough to do so. When I'm doing the requisite volume and intensity to add weight to the bar, I get so hungry that I always want to eat more than my targets. If I scale back from that a bit, I should be able to more easily comply without hating myself and everyone around me.

Press - beltless, no wraps
    [95,125,145,165,180] x5 - all full 2.0 (not 1.5)
    155x5 - dead stop strict
    Notes: 180 felt harder than I thought it would, but still had 2-3 reps in the tank.

Power Clean
    DL 135x5
    CP 135x3
    PC 135x3x2, 155x3
    Notes: Greased things up a bit by first doing some regular DLs then some clean pulls. I really haven't cleaned at all in a long time, so felt awkward at first but the 155x3 set started to feel not as terribly uncoordinated.

HSPU
    BWx1x3
    Notes: Holy wrists, Batman. Need to stretch out and warm them up prior to this, esp since it's been a while.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 11-02-2015 at 05:00 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Tuesday, 11/3

Squat Warm-Up
    45x8x2, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5
    Notes: Knees felt good.

Deadlift
    185x5, 275x5, 365x5 - DOH
    405x2 - hook
    435x1 - L-Up
    SGDL
    345x3 - straps
    315x3 - DOH
    Notes: These felt heavy as shit. 435x1. How did I pull 650 a mere 9 days previously? No idea.

Close Grip Bench Press
    [135, 185, 225, 245, 265, 275] x5
    Notes: Not as relatively hard as the DL but still weak-sauce.

Finished with this thing I think the kids call a "MetCon" or something?
    10/8/6/4/2 of 24kg Russian KB Swings + Pushups + Ring Rows
    Took my time, took about 5 minutes, at least 1 minute of which was adjusting the ring height which I didn't set properly at the start. Heart rate got up a little, got a little GPP in. Check.