Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    The weather was beautiful throughout the 4+ day trip, and by virtue of many copious applications of SPF50, I was able to enjoy it unburnt.
    Some of us folks with Irish, Scottish, and German heritage need SPF50 to watch fireworks...

Going to train one more time, tomorrow, before surgery on Weds.
    Good luck, Wolf! May you get back upon the Iron Throne in short order.

I got some extra good stuff if you need it later this week Wolf.

Good luck with surgery.

The weather was beautiful throughout the 4+ day trip, and by virtue of many copious applications of SPF50, I was able to enjoy it unburnt.
    I feel your pain on this... but only when I forget to apply the SPF 50. Glad the weather was great and you were able to enjoy it.

Going to train one more time, tomorrow, before surgery on Weds.
    Best of luck in the gym, and on Wednesday. Zero doubt you'll push through it like any other bump in the training road.

Hope it goes well, Wolf.

Thanks to all for the good wishes. Unfortunately, there was some incredibly frustrating incompetence on the part of some people involved in the clearance process, which led to a postponement at the last minute. I will likely not have a new date scheduled for a few days. It's maddening in the truest sense of the word, as this has major logistical and financial implications, but there is literally nothing I can do about it.

Meanwhile, I also lifted today. Thinking it would be my last real, non-rehab workout for several months, I went for PRs six times. And was 0/6. But had fun doing it.

Press
    Warm-up: 45x15, 95x10, 135x6, 170x4, 195x2
    Belt: 215x2, 230x1
    Belt+Wraps: 240x1 @7.75 , 250x1 @9 , 260x1 @10, 267.5xFx3 GAH!, 230x4+F, 230x4 @10, 185x10
    Notes: I came close on one of the 267 attempts and the first 230x5 attempt, but just didn't have it today. Wasn't locked in on technique, getting poor bounces and letting the bar get just a smidge away from me on the way up, where that 1/2 inch or even 1/4 inch is crucial. Oh well. 3 months ago I could barely press 130x5 with substantial pain, and didn't even fathom I'd be in position to set any kind of PR in the near future, much less in the press with a shoulder immanently getting surgery. So it's still a victory of sorts even if I didn't have it today, and I might get another chance, depending on the rescheduled date.

Chins
    3,3,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,10 = 36 total
    Notes: Just did small sets between press sets, and then one till fatigue at the end.

Showered and was headed out when I got the notification of the surgery postponement. Good thing I didn't know during my workout or I would've been majorly distracted, even more so than thinking I was actually getting the thing tomorrow.

That is messing with your mind and your money. Sorry to hear about the delay.

It's maddening in the truest sense of the word, as this has major logistical and financial implications, but there is literally nothing I can do about it.
    Sorry to hear you have to walk around with this weight on your mind. I hope it's a quick turnaround on a surgery date for you.

Glad you were able to salvage some fun on your PR attempts!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    A knee or hip replacement is more akin to being cut open.
    Knee, yes; hip not so much. There is an incision larger than standard scope procedures, but way smaller than it used to be. That is, unless you have extensive deterioration of the bone, then they have to gut you like a fish. My old man, expecting the former, got the latter.

Much good vibes to you, Wolf!
    Last edited by Satch12879; 03-16-2016 at 08:06 AM.