starting strength gym
Page 287 of 443 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Had my first PT Session yesterday, 3.5 weeks (24 days) post-op. The repair was successful, but the tear was very thorough (go big or go hime, bitches), and required 7 anchors. I also had an acriomioplasty to decompress the impingement on my supraspinatus. Some may be familiar with the acromion category types 1, 2, and 3. Well I had a type 4 (Wolf's disease) that impinged on my supraspinatus even while at rest, so we took care of that. Bone saws are cool, but they hurt a lot, FYI.

The repair is still in the early period before it has fully taken hold, so still have to be fairly gentle. He did some manual work on me, and I did supine lying passive ROM into flexion just into the point of mild discomfort, scapular retractions, and pendulums. He did some manual work on me, and iced at the end. Pretty much what I expected, and as far as I understand the process, appropriate for this early stage in the game of a labral repair. Dr. Petrizzo has been a tremendous help as a consultant throughout the process, and will be advising me through the continuing stages as well.

While it's still very early and I'm a ways away from doing anything with a barbell yet, it's very exciting, 6+ months post injury, to finally be back on the other side of the hill towards the Land Of Gains once again.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 05-14-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Had my first PT Session yesterday, 3.5 weeks (24 days) post-op. The repair was successful, but the tear was very thorough (go big or go hime, bitches), and required 7 anchors. I also had an acriomioplasty to decompress the impingement on my supraspinatus. Some may be familiar with the acromion category types 1, 2, and 3. Well I had a type 4 (Wolf's disease) that impinged on my supraspinatus even while at rest, so we took care of that. Bone saws are cool, but they hurt a lot, FYI.

The repair is still in the early period before it has fully taken hold, so still have to be fairly gentle. He did some manual work on me, and I did supine lying passive ROM into flexion just into the point of mild discomfort, scapular retractions, and pendulums. He did some manual work on me, and iced at the end. Pretty much what I expected, and as far as I understand the process, appropriate for this early stage in the game of a labral repair. Dr. Petrizzo has been a tremendous help as a consultant throughout the process, and will be advising me through the continuing stages as well.

While it's still very early and I'm a ways away from doing anything with a barbell yet, it's very exciting, 6+ months post injury, to finally be back on the other side of the hill towards the Land Of Gains once again.
    Very nahce to see you come out of this whole thing on top.

Moved on to active assisted ROM work. Increments are very small, but ROM and function increasing daily.

Moved on to active assisted ROM work. Increments are very small, but ROM and function increasing daily.
    Glad to hear things are progressing. Feeling good about things so far?

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    Glad to hear things are progressing. Feeling good about things so far?
    Progress is SO SLOW, but I knew ahead of time that it would be. Things are going as well as can be expected. My ROM for 30 days out is excellent. I'm impatient to get back under the bar, but I can't complain at all.

Progress is SO SLOW, but I knew ahead of time that it would be. Things are going as well as can be expected. My ROM for 30 days out is excellent. I'm impatient to get back under the bar, but I can't complain at all.
    You seem to be in good spirits and I'm glad to hear that. Injuries are zero fun but I think the mental toll is the worst. Doubly so for an athlete. Looking forward to hearing about your continued progression back to the bar.

We're all pulling for you, Wolf.

GainzZz! Onward!

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    Injuries are zero fun but I think the mental toll is the worst. Doubly so for an athlete.
    Exactly this. It's hard to be patient. I am, however, enjoying the first extended bout of free time I've ever had in my adult life. I'm currently only working evenings (and pick my Saturdays back up starting tomorrow). The first two weeks post-op were really just a wash, being in constant pain and not being functional. The last two weeks I've been able to enjoy it. It's likely to last only another couple weeks or so, so I'm just enjoying it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    We're all pulling for you, Wolf.

GainzZz! Onward!
    Thank you, Satch.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    When does SSB work become a reality?
    It'll depend how things continue to go, but I estimate about 2-4 more weeks.

Rehab, I has it.

Still doing active assist ROM stuff in PT, was able to touch my thumb to the floor when lying supine and going overhead with the dowel. I'm going to try some light deadlifts on Friday and see how I do.

starting strength coach development program
    I know it feels like progress is slow, but things are really coming along nicely for you considering the massive repair that you had. You will be back to training before you know it.