starting strength gym
Page 290 of 443 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Squatting AND Deadlifting? Who do you think you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Squatting AND Deadlifting? Who do you think you are?

In the same workout? But you'll overtrain, bro.

^ Or the CNS Fatigue!

Nice. Work. Wolfe. Glad to see things moving along so nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Notes: Two plates = globo gym god status.
    Man, I've been out of the globo life that long? The globo standards have dramatically dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingCurls69 View Post
    In the same workout? But you'll overtrain, bro.
    You can't overtrain curls. #science

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    ^ Or the CNS Fatigue!

Nice. Work. Wolfe. Glad to see things moving along so nicely.
    Curls can't cause CNS fatigue. It's more like when Thor directed his lightning at Iron Man and it charged up his suit to 400% or something. And, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Man, I've been out of the globo life that long? The globo standards have dramatically dropped.
    Two plates has always been globo gym royalty, I believe, though usually that's bench-oriented because they don't do the other lifts. But now that squats and DLs are all over the instagramz, they probably do 3-4 plate quarter squats and humpback pulls.

Went to to my six week check-up with the surgeon yesterday. It was actually seven weeks but we couldn't schedule the previous week. He asked about my pain levels and was pleased when I said basically non-existent. He asked if I could raise my right arm up to shoulder height. I did so, and paused for a moment, and he started saying how that's good, a solid landmark for the six week point etc...and then I continued raising it all the way up overhead. His jaw dropped. He was very impressed and pleased with my recovery thus far, as am I. I didn't get the sense he was ready for the red-pill, so didn't go there.

Today's work:

Safety Bar Squat
    70x5, then [120,160,190,220,240,240] x4
    Notes: I miscounted due to the 70 lb bar and thought 190 was 165 and 220 was 195. Then I realized I had just done 220, not 195, and was pleased. Did two more sets, both at 240. Easy but again this was about all I felt I could handle with direct pressure from the yoke on my shoulder today, so stopped there.

PVC Ring Rehab
    PVC x 10s/10r
    PVC+5 x 10/10
    PVC+10 x 10/10
    PVC+12.5 x 10/10 x 2
    Notes: First set was a little tight and a little discomfort right at lockout, but that loosened it up and all reps felt great afterwards.

Deadlift
    [135,185,225,250,250] x5
    Notes: Still feels great on shoulder, still easy. Took a 25 lb jump today instead of 20, will likely do the same and hit 275 Friday.

250x5 pull

Kneeling Pulldown with Posterior OH Stretch
    Green x6,10,10,10
    Notes: The green bands are a lot thicker than the blue, so the first set was just adjusting to that. Sets of 10 after that were easy, by which I was very pleasantly surprised.

KB Press & KB Snatch
    20kg x8, 24kg x6
    Notes: Left arm only, obviously. I waited till I felt my right arm strong enough to stabilize it and prevent it from flopping all over the place before doing these with my left arm. I probably could have done it a week or so ago, but since these are only accessory movements, didn't feel the need to be aggressive with doing them early.

then I continued raising it all the way up overhead. His jaw dropped. He was very impressed and pleased with my recovery thus far, as am I. I didn't get the sense he was ready for the red-pill, so didn't go there.
    It's been started.Glad you are coming back quickly with smart rehab method.

His body will be ready soon enough. And that was a solid reference to the first Avengers, haven't watched that movie in a while.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm glad your deadlift is going so well, be careful of that erector with the larger jumps...