starting strength gym
Page 300 of 443 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Saw surgeon yesterday for my 3 month follow-up, a few weeks past 3 months for scheduling reasons. He was astonished at how well I'm doing and said this is the best recovery he's ever seen from such an extensive repair (I had an almost complete labral tear and required 7 anchors, double the usual, to fix it). Didn't discuss my rehab protocol because it just seemed like that wouldn't have been received well. But ya, don't think it's a coincidence. Anyway, I'm doing so well that he didn't even feel he needs to see me for a 6 or 12 month follow-up. I'm officially done with the medical-oversight part of the post-op period. Now I just need to re-gainzzzz my way back to PR territory.
    Around what time did you have a complete labral tear? I'm interested and want to read through your log starting from the time of injury and see how your lifting programming made it heal so well. If I ever get such a horrible injury (knock on wood) in the future, I want some idea on how to rehab it.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron8 View Post
    Around what time did you have a complete labral tear? I'm interested and want to read through your log starting from the time of injury and see how your lifting programming made it heal so well. If I ever get such a horrible injury (knock on wood) in the future, I want some idea on how to rehab it.
    Injury was early November last year. Surgery was April 19th, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Martha F joins the group of people that I used to think were fictional. Like Bill Been.
    Hahaha my posts can't be THAT outrageous...

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    I thought you were catfishing. Urban Dictionary: Catfishing

Either that or Glen Pendlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Either that or Glen Pendlay.
    Or Spartacus.

Weird day today. I was feeling that my rapid ramp-up had finally caught up with me. I planned a lighter squat day (though still with a volume increase), but thought I could squeeze one more press increase, but I just out stripped my recovery. That's alright. Still had a solid workout and lifted some weights.

Squat
    365x5x5 - loose belt
    Notes: Did all sets with four minutes rest, so being out of condition as I am and hot as it is, I was pretty toasted by this. It's also the first time I was able to squat first without pressing beforehand to thoroughly warm up my shoulder. I did the band warm-up that I've been doing and then a PVC pipe set of presses just to loosen it up, but I got under the bar within 5-7 minutes. This was a very nice mental win for me, as I really like to squat first. However, I am out of condition in terms of pressing after I squat, so that was much harder since I'm not used to it. However, I expect that this will come back quickly.

Press
    185x5, 202.5x4, 185x5x3 - belt
    Notes: The first 185 set was a little slow, but I still had grand ambitions for 215. I did have upper body fatigue but I was just swimming in post-squat fatigue, that I haven't been used to dealing with when pressing, since surgery. I did a hard four at 202.5 and knew that was it. If I feel good, I'll go for the 215x5 on Friday, if not, maybe I'll do it for some triples.

Chins
    BWx3, BW+20x3, BW+35x3, BW+45x3x6, BW+35x3, BW+20x3x2
    = 33 weighted reps, 6 at a 5 lb increase

Power Clean
    135x2, 165x2, 185x2, 205x2, 225x2, 235x2, 195x2x2
    Notes: Back still tweaky so don't want to pull heavy yet. Using the time to get my power clean back up. Still a long way to go, but no shoulder pain. Feeling sluggish and rusty on 205+ reps today. Eh.

A couple random notes:

1. I haven't put knee sleeves back on since surgery, and my knees feel better than they have in almost two years. Not 100% fine, but better than since they really started bothering me in Fall, 2014. I'll probably use SBDs for heavy work, but will stay sleeveless for volume and lighter work, for now anyway.

2. I'm officially on the Barbell Medicine GainzZz train, nutritionally. I have lost 10 lbs since surgery, and want to drop another 15-20 and then re-evaluate goals at that point. I was not complying well with my own nutritional goals so this will give me good accountability, and I'm sure I'll learn some things as well.

In4 Shredded Wolf's ab pics.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingCurls69 View Post
    In4 Shredded Wolf's ab pics.
    Ha! I've got the Ab Abber 2000 on order, gonna be shredded AF. The ladies be all up ons!