starting strength gym
Page 319 of 443 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    Oh ok, thanks for the explanation! I was just curious if you did it as an attempt to incorporate more muscles in to the high bar.
    Nah, nothing that fancy. Just having had 10-15 Grade 3 ankle sprains on each side, with a few seriously severe ones in there, have made my ankles that of an 85 year old man's. So I need some extra help to stay upright enough to even high bar squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Ditto on what Will said. There's a little wrist pain from time to time but it never really shuts any other training down with the thumbs down, wrist wrapped grip.

Also wanted to add that when I used to thumbs over grip, the grip that you took on that last session was about as close as I could get ever. It was never really tight and I still would get arm cancer from it. Still, however, switching to the full grip can inject an awkwardness in propioception that is annoying at first but goes away over time just like hook gripping.
    This solve my elbow issues. Should bold.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    This solve my elbow issues. Should bold.
    I may play with that once the cancer goes away, to see if a different grip better prevents its return. But this didn't do anything to alleviate it once it was already entrenched in there.

So I planned a deload this week. The universe chuckled, cause I ended up getting sick, anyway. As early as Saturday I felt a little off, didn't stay up late and hang with the seminar crew this weekend, but didn't think much of it. It didn't really fully come out till Tuesday/Wednesday. Haven't trained since Monday and looking like tomorrow is unlikely, too. I'm planning to return to the platform at the next SS Meet/Spring Challenge in April, so a week off now isn't the worst thing in the world anyway. Would've preferred taking a lighter week to a complete week off, but oh well.

For some reason I thought back to the comparison between you and guys like Williams and Uepa and damnit if the most obvious comparison to my mind wasn't Joe Cappelino - I'd be very interested to see what he could hit under Classic conditions.

Feel better wolf. I got hit with the germs this week too.

I've never been able to train normally during the last two weeks of they year ever. Usually its due to holiday parties/less clients around/lazyness/sickness/gym not being open. Even today I had a Dr. appt run long and there's just no way I'm forcing a workout on an empty stomach and rushing everything before my client. Will get em' tomorrow. I'm already kind of thinking 2x/week training these last 2 weeks then back to normal in January. Group deload for our club?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    For some reason I thought back to the comparison between you and guys like Williams and Uepa and damnit if the most obvious comparison to my mind wasn't Joe Cappelino - I'd be very interested to see what he could hit under Classic conditions.
    I never heard of him before, but haha ya, that's not bad. I think he's carrying more bf than I am at this point, even after regaining much of what I lost, but if I continue the beef-up route rather than the get leaner route, maybe in a couple years I could be his body double. Just from a quick look at his IG, he does seem to have a visceral hate for raw lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Feel better wolf. I got hit with the germs this week too.
    Thanks Kong. You too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    I've never been able to train normally during the last two weeks of they year ever. Usually its due to holiday parties/less clients around/lazyness/sickness/gym not being open. Even today I had a Dr. appt run long and there's just no way I'm forcing a workout on an empty stomach and rushing everything before my client. Will get em' tomorrow. I'm already kind of thinking 2x/week training these last 2 weeks then back to normal in January. Group deload for our club?
    Bruh. Last week was supposed to be my deload. This week begin slowly to ramp back up. Instead I am still sick and not going to train till at least Wednesday, hopefully not any longer than that. Fookin A.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I never heard of him before, but haha ya, that's not bad. I think he's carrying more bf than I am at this point, even after regaining much of what I lost, but if I continue the beef-up route rather than the get leaner route, maybe in a couple years I could be his body double. Just from a quick look at his IG, he does seem to have a visceral hate for raw lifting.
    I think he was down to lift in the Raw Nationals this year but had to withdraw through injury - or maybe it was visceral hate!

Would have been interesting to see what he could have done (if anything) against Ray Williams.
    Last edited by Chris McCarthy; 12-19-2016 at 04:15 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    i hear ya man. Rest up. Hope you're back at it soon