Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    How do I get arms like you Uncle Wolf?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Step one is to eat all three little pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I suppose that counts as about three fifty.
    How loose can we be when we say "about?" I think 349 would qualify. Not sure about 340.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Priorities.
    Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Step one is to eat all three little pigs.
    I recommend: doing the LP and early intermediate type programs with chins, then continue doing lots of chins and adding a few sets of bis and tris a week after that. Consume many calories (I often overdo this part myself, but whatever). Prosper.

Or you could just eat the pigs and see what happens.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 04-17-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    How loose can we be when we say "about?" I think 349 would qualify. Not sure about 340.

Always.

I recommend: doing the LP and early intermediate type programs with chins, then continue doing lots of chins and adding a few sets of bis and tris a week after that. Consume many calories (I often overdo this part myself, but whatever). Prosper.

Or you could just eat the pigs and see what happens.
    I'll do some bis and tris for the guys, but I'll keep doing my presses for the dresses.

Press - dead stop, strict
    155x5, 175x5x2, 155x5

CGBP
    255x5x3

BB Rows
    275x5, 295x5x2

Tris for the Guys
    Tried the standing french press, basically the standing strict LTE without the pullover part, and to my pleasant surprise, it was fine. Didn't irritate my upper left pec. So went with it.
    87x8, 97x8x2

Today...was a good day. I also joined a local globo gym, because I really want to do more assistance work for my upper body (and possibly leg iso stuff if my knee can handle it, since I can't squat), and none of that is really available at Solace. Feels weird paying for a gym, time will tell if it's worth it.

Bench Press - 3" belt, wraps
    385x3 @7.5
    400x3 @8.5
    275x8 @7 - no wraps
    Notes: I wanted triples @8-8.5 today and the first was a real easy 7.5 so upped it a bit. Was a little aggressive going to 400 for reps for the first time in over a year, but worked out just right. Also tried wrist wraps on bench for the first time in a while and actually liked them this time. The loop does get in the way of gripping the bar a bit but unlike when I occasionally tried them in the past, I liked the support more than I was annoyed by their presence.

400x3 Bench Press on IG

Press - 4" belt + wraps
    220x5x3 @8-8.5
    200x5x2 @7
    Notes: Solid work here. Nothing special to report.

Block Pull, 6" - 4" belt
    565x3x2 @7 - one set mixed grip, one set straps
    Notes: Pulls were solid, and grip strength finally seems to be inching back up. Not as good as it was, but I do notice some slow improvement in the left hand grip.

Then went to the globo gym for...

DB Rows
    80x10, 100x10x3 - pretty strict, very little english on these

DB Curls
    42.5x10x3

Cable Reverse Flyes
    2x12

Didn't do rowing intervals but I did walk 6 miles today, which is a lot now that I'm back up to a fully glyocgen-stored and chubby 280. One day I will be disciplined enough to come back from a lay-off and regain my strength without gaining 20 lbs in the process. The fat pants and shorts are back out of the closet.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 04-20-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Today...was a good day. I also joined a local globo gym, because I really want to do more assistance work for my upper body (and possibly leg iso stuff if my knee can handle it, since I can't squat), and none of that is really available at Solace.
    And there is about a 200% chance of dudes watching you do leg extensions and shtuff patting themselves on the back thinking "see I don't have to use barbells to get big."

The fat pants and shorts are back out of the closet.
    I can relate. I’m at the outer limits of my fat pants and live in constant fear of a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    I can relate. I’m at the outer limits of my fat pants and live in constant fear of a blowout.
    Ha! I'm not at the outer limits yet, but am definitely in the fat pants zone and a hole looser on my belt. Team #jackedandfat checking in for duty.

starting strength coach development program
    Press - 4" belt + wraps
    260x3 @8.5 - PR
    240x3x2 @7.5
    Notes: Warm-ups didn't feel great but pushed for and got a little PR. I did't really have a valid PR press triple before this, and 250x6 predicts a much higher 1rm, so this isn't exactly a big celebration kind of deal, but I'll take it.

260x3 press on IG

Bench - 1st rep 1ct paused
    305x5x5 @6.5-7

Deadlift - 1.5" mats, straps
    465x5 @6
    485x5 @7
    Notes: Used straps cause I cut a callus pulling 565x3 on Friday and it's not healed yet. Dry skin issue. Today is also the first day I felt pretty good pulling and added 20 for the second set of what was a planned 465x5x2. I first pulled 500x5 (from the floor, not raised up) over five years ago, and did 500+ for sets of five hundreds of times since. And yet getting back up to 500x5 even from raised mats is proving more challenging without squats, than getting my upper body strength back up. It's not really surprising or anything, just very interesting to actually be going through and experiencing firsthand.

Walk over to globo for bro-work.

Cable Row, neutral grip
    160x12, 180x12x3 - strict, no english

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown
    3x12

Leg Extension
    Figured worth a try since I can't squat and hellllll no, this hurt SO BAD with like 40 lbs on it that I almost yelled out loud in pain. Shut it down after 2 reps. But...then I went over and tried...

Leg Press
    90x8x3 - don't know what the sled weighs so just counting the plates, did one plate per side.
    And it worked! Started with my feet way up at the top of the sled to minimize knee flexion and extension, and it shortened my rectus so much it cramped. With some trepidation, I tried with lower feet...and it was somehow fine. Kept it light and easy since I haven't trained the squat in a year, but this was exciting and somewhat hopeful for me.

Tricep Rope
    2x12
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 04-23-2018 at 08:37 PM.