Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wow that is quite the bench you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Zappey1 View Post
    Wow that is quite the bench you have!
    As the Big Bad Wolf - my namesake - says: "The better to eat you with." My PR bench is 475, from a little under a year ago. So I'm not back to full form yet, but getting closer.

LOL nailed the set up!

Did you only focus on bench for awhile? Or get an injury? I didn't see your other lifts as being so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappey1 View Post
    LOL nailed the set up!

Did you only focus on bench for awhile? Or get an injury? I didn't see your other lifts as being so high.
    The last nearly 8 years of my training history are right here for you to peruse and get your questions answered, for free! My PRs are 585/475/701/315 for S/B/D/P respectively - bench isn't wildly out of proportion but is slightly ahead probably due to doing it for almost 10 years before ever squatting or deadlifting, a slightly advantageous anthropometry for bench (short humeri/longer forearms), and a few injuries that limited or prevented my training of squat for a long time, and to a lesser extent DL, for a while.

Keep up the great work I'll stay up with your new posts!

Update: Unfortunately my Monday feels were in fact reals, and I came down with something nasty and had to skip training all week. I'm finally at the point where it's starting to get better, but not there yet. Hoping to be back to training Monday in some capacity, though based on how things feel now, will still need to be lighter and ramp up as I continue to get better.

It had been 3 years since I last got sick, so not too bad. Annoying that it interrupted such a successful period in training, but what can ya do?

Dude, the death feels are going around.

Being sick sucks monkey balls. I don't get sick often, but when I do, it is never a quick couple days, it's always a 2-3 weeker. I'm still in no shape to train, alas, though today was the first day I felt appreciably better overall than the day before. On the other hand, new symptoms appeared (sinus/nasal stuff). So even though they're mild right now, I don't know if they'll remain that way and I'm on the mend, or if this means I'm in for another week of fresh new shiny symptoms.

I can confirm that being sick sucks. Hope you feel better soon

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    I can confirm that being sick sucks. Hope you feel better soon
    Thanks man. 2 days in a row each feeling better than the previous day, I'm hoping it's a pattern. Still not ready to train, but I'm not in 24/7 misery anymore, only 24/7 irritation. If the improvement pattern holds, I can probably do a light re-introduction session on Saturday and then get back to it next week. This basically derailed my plans for where I wanted to be before New Years, but training was going so well prior to this that I got almost all the way there anyway. Not too bad. I'll probably just take the next few weeks relatively easier and then push the gas pedal again after that, with my eye still on that March PL meet. If I try to push the gas right away, I may be burnt out before the meet. Maybe not but I've learned I need to play it conservative with these things.