starting strength gym
Page 34 of 443 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    The idea that you won't spend $15-20 to properly carry your cock and balls around is ludicrous.

I am shocked, disappointed, and dare I say, disgusted.
    Hear, hear!

Rob and Mac, I will have to respond to your noodling later. For now, I'm just letting you all know that my website is now up and live at http://wolfstrength.com/, and facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WolfStrengt...tioning?ref=hl.

Check out the website, like the facebook page, etc... You know the drill.

Wolf,

Congrats on getting the website up and running. Good luck with it!

JP

Done and done!

Mazel Tov!

OK, first things first: today's training.

Recovery Squats
    45x5x2, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5
    All easy. Felt good,legs feel fatigued from Monday's work but not beaten down. These reps felt good and legs feel better after than before.

Bench Press
    45x5, 135x5, 205x3, 265x2, 310x5x3
    Surprisingly solid here. Have never done 310 for 5 before, much less 3 sets of it. Granted this isn't a "true" LP on pressing movements anymore because I had petered out my LP earlier in the year before the meet, and already switched to TM style pressing. I was doing this LP to come back from my bouts with illness and minor injury, and figured I'd run it as far as I could. And I've run it plenty further than I did before - I think I ended LP in Bench at either 297.5 or 300. I can see 315x5x3 happening, which would be pretty cool.

Chins

Oh, and in case you missed it. I got my fucking website and facebook page up today! /shameless self-promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I liked you before, but I hear clicking a Facebook button makes such things official or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Oh, and in case you missed it. I got my fucking website and facebook page up today! /shameless self-promotion
    I'm waiting for the Wolf Strength and Conditioning T-shirt, with some sweet airbrushed 70s van art wolf on it. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-T...s=wolf+t-shirt

Jordan said what the ]goyim could not without getting slapped in the face with yamakas.
    Ha. I've got my big matazah ball yarmulke ready for just such an occasion. Beware!

We are talking about the family jewels, no need to be cheap.

As stated before, we are talking about our parts that we spend more time considering for the preponderance of our teens and early 20's.

This shit is important, gentleman.

The idea that you won't spend $15-20 to properly carry your cock and balls around is ludicrous.

I am shocked, disappointed, and dare I say, disgusted.
    Easy there, big fella. I just don't think the extra money will result in a superior pouch to hold, support, protect and otherwise keep safe and sound my fami;y jewels. In fact, I've been wearing new paris of my cheap Champion brand boxer briefs the last three days and they feel great, my lady says they look great, and haven't ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Is View Post
    Hear, hear!
    Et tu, Robbe'?

Quote Originally Posted by John.Petrizzo View Post
    Wolf,

Congrats on getting the website up and running. Good luck with it!

JP
    Thanks JP - Since you're a local, I expect you to send anyone you know in Manhattan my way!

Quote Originally Posted by Staci Rudnitsky View Post
    Done and done!

Mazel Tov!
    Don't forget slainte''!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simma Park View Post
    I liked you before, but I hear clicking a Facebook button makes such things official or something.
    Oh definitely. Kind of like "pics or it didn't happen," if you don't click that Facebook button, it's just empty words.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    I'm waiting for the Wolf Strength and Conditioning T-shirt, with some sweet airbrushed 70s van art wolf on it. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-T...s=wolf+t-shirt
    I've seen that shirt before, it's damn cool. I think my logo is pretty good too, though.
    WolfStrength.jpg You'd buy that on a tshirt, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 10-19-2012 at 08:47 AM.

I had a lot of anticipation about today's training session. 440x5. 440 is my all time PR. Even though I have worked up in 5s to the point where it was obvious that I could do more than 440, I never actually tried. (EDIT: Except the other week, when I failed 450 after doing 425x5x2 and 425x3. Stupid.) So 440 was in my head all day today. But I squatted it like a boss. Video footage here too, thanks to one of the trainers at the club, whose client didn't realize she was videoing, so came over and started talking to her. They had just finished their session, but they had both forgotten that she was holding the client's bracelet during the session so she came back to get it. You can hear them talking mid-set and then the client walked into the picture. Funny stuff. Good thing I was completely oblivious to what was going on 10 feet away.

Here we go:

Squats
    45x5x2, 135x5, 225x3, 315x2, 385x1, 440x5, 415x5, 415x2+3
    2nd back-off set I didn't rest quite enough; didn't have focus or tightness at the bottom. So put the bar back after 2, waited ~90s, then finished the next 3.
    Video:
    Didn't stay perfectly tight and had some knees forward at the bottom (my 2 arch-nemeses when weight gets heavy), but the damn things went up. Fuck ya.

Press
    45x5, 85x5, 135x3, 165x2, 190x5x3
    These were surprisingly easy. Easier than 185 or 187.5. Huh.

Power Cleans
    135x3, 160x3, 185x3, 205x3, 220x3, 230x3
    Felt very strong today. Form mostly good, pulled an inch or two early on maybe 2-3 reps of the 18.

I feel really good about the 440x5. It was hard, but not a bone-on-bone limit set. I will squeeze just a bit more out of this LP.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 10-19-2012 at 03:43 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow.