starting strength gym
Page 57 of 443 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I like the idea of an SS Team heading to a meet together. Jordan probably knows the rules regarding official "team" status, but whether or not it's an official team it would still be a fun idea.

I do plan on competing this year and given logistics, it'll likely be RPS. It's just too early for me to say for sure which meet I'll plan for, as it depends somewhat on when I can actually get back to benching and pulling heavy. Something in May or June seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I like the idea of an SS Team heading to a meet together. Jordan probably knows the rules regarding official "team" status, but whether or not it's an official team it would still be a fun idea.

I do plan on competing this year and given logistics, it'll likely be RPS. It's just too early for me to say for sure which meet I'll plan for, as it depends somewhat on when I can actually get back to benching and pulling heavy. Something in May or June seems about right.
    I'd be into this.

+1

Looks like we'd really have an awesome, solid group of lifters - male and female - if we can all get our schedules (life and lifting) together. The May 18 Jersey Rumble looks like a good date from where I'm standing. I did this meet last year. They don't have location listed yet, but I believe it's generally in south NJ. It was in West Deptford last year. Close enough for the NYC and LI contingent, very convenient for the South/Central NJ contingent (Kong), and closer for Jordan and anyone else in that general area than it would be if it were upstate NY. Probably a good compromise for everyone, and gives us exactly 4 months to the day to train up for it.

Sound good to you guys?

Shoulder and back really felt a lot better today. It seems like the more they can do, the more I push them, the faster they continue to heal.

A bit of foam roll and shoulder mobs first.

Squat
    45x5x2, 135x5, 225x3, 315x2, 375x1, 425x3x3
    First time I feel justified bolding anything since the back injury. While this is well short of my previous training level (did 425x5x3 in October), it's good enough to feel like I'm actually training again.
    Also don't have to do any presses to warm up shoulder prior to squatting anymore. I still start with a slightly wider grip and takes an extra set of two to bring it all the way in, but it's coming along.

Press
    45x5, 85x5, 115x3, 145x2, 175x5x3
    Bold here too. First time doing sets across at anything resembling working weight in 7 weeks. Felt good. Strong.

Deadlift
    135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5x2
    Not ready for bold, but italicized. Felt better than 305 and did two sets at top weight for the first time. Back also felt better afterwards than it has previously.

Bench Press
    45x10, 85x8, 115x8, 135x8, 145x8x2
    Moving up slowly

Chins
    Added a seventh set.

Also did 5x 1 minute jog, 1 minute walk working up to 6.5 mph. Back was much more OK with this than last Thursday. Will be able to do sprints soon.

Looks like we'd really have an awesome, solid group of lifters - male and female - if we can all get our schedules (life and lifting) together. The May 18 Jersey Rumble looks like a good date from where I'm standing. I did this meet last year. They don't have location listed yet, but I believe it's generally in south NJ. It was in West Deptford last year. Close enough for the NYC and LI contingent, very convenient for the South/Central NJ contingent (Kong), and closer for Jordan and anyone else in that general area than it would be if it were upstate NY. Probably a good compromise for everyone, and gives us exactly 4 months to the day to train up for it.

Sound good to you guys?
    My girlfriend and I would definitely be up for this. I was planning on doing an APF meet here on LI in April, but I think this would be a blast.

Numbers are coming back up, Wolf.

seconded

Sound good to you guys?
    OK...so it looks like I probably will not compete in May because I'm going to be competing in April....BUT....if you guys do get a group together for the meet, since its not far from me at all, I can help (keeping track of the lifting order and who's up, spotting, handoffs, warmups, etc.).

starting strength coach development program

Sound good to you guys?
    Wolf, I was thinking about trying a competition this year for the first time ever. Of course, I don't really have any illusions of being a contender, but was hoping I could compete in 50-54 age range at 220 and total 1,000 pounds. That is my goal, at least. Is this outing a practical idea for me to try or how would you suggest I go about picking something to enter?

I thought this might be an opportunity to go with some folks who know what they are doing but don't want to embarrass myself or others!