starting strength gym
Page 72 of 443 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yay!!!

May I suggest RPS Heatwave Merrick NY. I'm strongly leaning toward that meet.

Grats on the nice string of PR's and getting your bench back on track.

Oh, and if you do miss a rep and need to blame it on something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnEu5W2VU4

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Congrats on the bench press, Wolf! It has been a long road back. Also, it was great seeing you this past weekend. Maybe now that your shoulder is healing up you can start thinking about getting back on the platform. RPS meet in July on LI, should be a good time. Just throwing it out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    May I suggest RPS Heatwave Merrick NY. I'm strongly leaning toward that meet.
    So both of you, and Rori, are pushing for me to do the July RPS meet. I'd like to, but I think it's too soon. I'm going to bring the bench back in slowly, and figure it will take me 6-8 weeks to get back to where I was before 20 weeks off, maybe even a bit longer since I'll start conservatively. That takes us, probably, to mid-June. I'd like more than 3-4 weeks of training past where I was before the injury to get my bench better before competing again, so I'm thinking August or September, realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Grats on the nice string of PR's and getting your bench back on track.

Oh, and if you do miss a rep and need to blame it on something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnEu5W2VU4
    Milli Vanilli lol, only you Les. I'm surprised the video didn't play a string of cats doing silly stuff in the background.

ID was up and down today.

Squat
    45x5x2, 155x5, 245x3, 335x2, 410x1, 465x2x3 (three doubles)
    Notes: Started @ 155 so jumps wouldn't have to be so big up at the top. These were harder than I expected them to be. Didn't feel like I got in a good squat groove today, but I got all the reps.

Video:

Press
    Warm-up to 215x5 - PR, then 232xF, 232x1x2 - PR (two singles)
    Notes: Fifth rep @ 215 was a grinder. I was supposed to repeat last week's failed 212.5, which I only got for 4, but I knew that was a fluke and I could make 215 so I did it. Tough, though, and looks like a little knee got into rep #1. The first rep at 232 I just didn't focus and prepare enough. Waited five minutes and then absolutely smoked the following two singles @ 232.

Video:

Power Clean
    135x3, 160x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 235x3x2
    Notes: Went up 10lbs but still feeling off. Wish I had a better floor to do these on, but can't whine and bitch, have to improve with what I got. I was fine with it when I had my form down better in November.

Torchin the Tris
    EZ-Curl Bar + 60lbs x 13 x 2
    I'll keep these in till my bench gets high enough to not need them anymore. Which basically means I'll play it by ear and feel.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 04-19-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added video

Nice lifting, Wolf.

Lions and tigers and Volume Day, oh god. I'll keep this short and semi-sweet.

Squat
    Warm-ups to 405x5x5
    Notes: Four plates for 5x5, ya it feels good to hit that milestone. But as everyone says, it doesn't matter what you do for volume. Rest was 5-6 minutes before sets 2 and 3, and 7 minutes before sets 4 and 5. And 10 minutes after, before I started warming up presses.

Press
    Warm-ups to 201.5x5x3
    Notes: None of the sets were as easy as I expected, even the first, considering I did 215x5 on Friday. But the third set was still a bit easier than last week's 3rd set @ 200. Nothing else to report.

Deadlift
    Warm-up to a VERY ugly 510x5
    Notes: Not sure if I was just torched by this point or if I didn't focus enough, but I simply did a horrendous job of pulling the bar into me off the floor. Not sure how many reps I did this for, but at least two, maybe more. I also was too far out over the bar on some of the reps. I have a video uploading, we'll see if I'm not too ashamed to post it. But I did get all the reps. So there.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 04-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.

How did that 5X5 feel on Squats? Me has to do same on Saturday (well 5 lbs less). If you say 'not bad'...I wills be the happy. If you say 'brings extra ballz'....I will get many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    How did that 5X5 feel on Squats? Me has to do same on Saturday (well 5 lbs less). If you say 'not bad'...I wills be the happy. If you say 'brings extra ballz'....I will get many.
    I'd suggest a combination of both. "Not bad...if you bring the extra balls." The first three sets were kind of easy, actually. The last two were certainly hard and took a lot out of me (esp after the 5th set), but weren't completely ball devouring.

starting strength coach development program
    ouch. i dont ever want to do texas. i dont have balls...