starting strength gym
Page 94 of 443 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    I'm glad they split it up this way too. Last time, I felt so bad because I didn't get to see all of the girls lifts. This time I'll be right up in Rori and Jenica's ear cheering them on and taking video. There will be no missing footage of this epic event.
    Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    So...

When is this meet, and how much is it?
    http://www.revolutionpowerlifting.co...surreXtion.pdf

It was your comment more than anything else (about how three weeks really isn't going to make a huge difference) that knocked me off my stupidity perch. Doing the meet with all you guys, rather than by myself, is more than worth the few weeks of training. There's always 2014! What sealed it was finding out women and lighter men lift separately on Sunday. That means I can keep my commitment to the people I told I'd take to the meet; they'll lift Sunday, and I'll lift on Saturday. Good shiz.
    I am really pumped that you decided to jump on board and do the meet. November can't get here fast enough!

Glad to hear you're planning to join us in November!

Quote Originally Posted by jenica View Post
    Glad to hear you're planning to join us in November!
    I'm now planning to join you guys in November too. Screw the USAPL. Or I'll do both meets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I'm now planning to join you guys in November too. Screw the USAPL. Or I'll do both meets.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    well, I'll have to wait until last minute because it depends on when my wife finishes up her internship and I have to go get her. NBD, as I'm not at the point where I need to worry too much about "meet prep".

Hopefully I can make this one, looks like a good turnout of SS lifters.
    Routin' for ya! The more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Haha. Fantastic!

November or bust.

Looks like a potentially HUGE SS Crew in November. Awesome.

starting strength coach development program
    Satisfied with training today, and with coming to the end of this de-load in general. Though I'm not happy about 2.5 months without any progress, sometimes shit happens and you have to adjust accordingly. Onwards and upwards from here. I also saw just about the most attractive woman in history on the subway on the way home. She was wearing a Villanova Lacrosse t-shirt, so I'm guessing that's her athletic background. Beautiful, blonde, about 5'7" or 5'8", legs like mine, except, well, feminine somehow. Tried to make eye contact, but alas, the crowded busy subway at 6pm didn't allow a chance. She got off at Canal St., and I reminisce...

Squat
    Warm-ups to 430x5x3 - volume PR
    Notes: Felt solid today, other than a few scattered reps. One in particular (in set 3, maybe? I forget but the vid will show it once I upload) got me forward onto my toes, but I recovered just fine.

Bench Press
    Warm-ups to 335x5x3 - volume PR
    Notes: Hell ya! This had been my 5RM pre-shoulder injury on Dec 1. Feels great to get it for 3x5. First set felt quite strong, I'd estimate I'm good for about 345 for a 5RM right now.

Power Clean
    45x3, 135x3, 160x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3x2
    Notes: First time in a while doing these for full volume, so I just ramped up. Mostly felt ok except a few scattered reps here, too. The last set at 225 wasn't so solid but it had been a LONG training day by then. I also actually filmed these for the first time, so I will include them in the vid once I get it done.

Bro-Tastic Work
    Did a couple sets each of DB curls and Ez-Bar OH Extensions to prepare the arms for the accessory work that will begin next week. Nothing heavy.