Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleMask View Post
    Nice lifting, Wolf.
    Thanks Kyle.

Awesome job my Jew. Everything looked really easy. I cannot wait for November domination!

looking consolidated, dense, and firm.

Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    Awesome job my Jew. Everything looked really easy. I cannot wait for November domination!
    This comment did not go unnoticed! But seriously, nice job Wolf. You are going to crush it in November.

Everything looked like a good warm-up. November will be really good for you. BAMF you!

Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    Me too. 1550 is coming (along with winter). And beating Gaglione.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Stroup View Post
    looking consolidated, dense, and firm.
    Thanks Stroup.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    This comment did not go unnoticed! But seriously, nice job Wolf. You are going to crush it in November.
    Ha! Thanks JP. I left gas in the tank on all my lifts, especially squat and bench. A good sign for Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Everything looked like a good warm-up. November will be really good for you. BAMF you!
    Thanks man, that's the plan!

Though none of my meet lifts were 1RMs, I wasn't quite fully recovered today so I cut one set off squats and only cleaned very light. We'll see how I feel Friday.

Squat
    405x5x4
    Notes: I could feel the underlying fatigue, but these were still pretty fast and solid. Decided not to be a hero, and skipped the 5th set. Need to recover.

Press
    187.5x5x5
    Notes: No prob.

Power Clean
    45x3, 135x3x2, 155x3, 175x3x2
    Notes: Felt a little stiff but better as I went on.

Overall a good workout considering only had two days of rest since the meet.

Really nothing special to see here, but I included it for the trainer stoically observing his client do 1/4 ROM butt blasters as I start my third set of squats.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Really nothing special to see here, but I included it for the trainer stoically observing his client do 1/4 ROM butt blasters as I start my third set of squats.
    Can't beat those Equinox trainers! I wonder what "tier" he is?

starting strength coach development program
    Good pseudo-intensity day today. Taking the set off my squats on Tuesday and only two days training total body this week really aided the recovery. Felt fresh and ready to hit it today, even though there was probably still a touch of underlying fatigue.

Squat
    445x5
    Notes:
    Felt good, strong, no problem. First couple reps were really fast. As usual, I run out of gas on the 5th rep even when the first four are strong so it was a little slower, but overall a good heavy 5 rep set that was absolutely not a 5RM.

Press
    213x5
    Notes:
    Still no idea why I missed this two weeks ago. Went up no problem today, like it should, even though I pressed the 5th rep away from me a bit. Also let my knees unlock, for no good reason, on a couple reps. Didn't get any help from them, just let them unlock and then re-locked them. Need to fix that.

Deadlift
    515x5
    Notes:
    I'm no John Petrizzo, so didn't go for 17 reps on this, but was solid with 5. Good bar speed even on the 5th rep.

Ready to go back to the full split routine next week. I hope my week off of bench helped the tendon/insertion thing settle down so I can get back to training the bench hard.

Last edited by Michael Wolf; 09-20-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added vid