starting strength gym
Page 107 of 443 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Would be interesting to do some reverse band squats to a high box, i.e. feel something heavy-ish at the top, have it unload at the bottom (a few inches above parallel) but still be able to train dem legs...
    What, you don't like my leg extensions? Seriously though, not a bad idea. Except the gym doesn't have bands. It's also not set up for bands or reverse bands, though I could loop them around the top of the rack. And probably jerry rig a plyo box and some other stuff on top of it to be the right height. Though by the time I order the bands, and they come in, I'll be able to squat normally again. Between that and the amount of work involved in setting this up, it's a good idea but isn't gonna happen. At least not this time around.

Good: Squatted the empty bar below to just below parallel without pain. Couldn't get any lower, and didn't feel ready to load, but considering I couldn't do this yesterday, a good step.
    Also pulled 95x5 from the floor and was ok.
    Bad: I can still tell it's injured and not ready to load. I still have to be careful when bending over, and when sitting down, if I flex my (already flexed) spine further, I can feel it and it gets rather uncomfortable.

But overall, encouraging progress.

Squat
    45x5x5
    Notes: What I wrote above. Also: 4 sets done at the beginning, and one set done at the end after everything else.

Deadlift
    95x5
    Notes: Above

Rack Pull
    145x5, 185x5, 235x5, 275x5, 325x5, 365x5, 415x5, 455x5, 495x5
    Notes: Feel good about getting to 495x5. Only one plate/90lbs less than what my actual planned working weight would be right now.

Leg Extensions
    85x10, 100x10, 115x10, 130x10, 145x10
    Notes: Want more anecdotal evidence that leg extensions are bullshit? These all felt the exact same. All of them burned my quads, made me hate leg extensions even more than I already do, and all were equally difficult. Bullshit, I tells you!

Hamstring Curls
    70x10, 80x10
    Notes: I ran out of patience after this. That's all the machine BS I could handle.

Performed some maintenance on my now 13 month old bar after the session. I hadn't done any since I got it. The club's maintenance manager was nice enough to help me. We brushed the chalk out from the knurling and oiled under each end.

Then I went to Chipotle, flirted with the girl behind the counter, and was rewarded with double rice, double beans, and triple meat.

Good to hear your back is sort of on the mend.

The Chipotle in my 'hood forgets to charge me for guacamole about 40% of the time. I love those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    Good to hear your back is sort of on the mend.

The Chipotle in my 'hood forgets to charge me for guacamole about 40% of the time. I love those guys.
    Thanks, tobo. I have to remind myself that it IS getting better every day. Even if it's doing so slower than I, and my already signed-up-and-paid-for meet schedule would prefer. Like 1 lb microloading, it adds up.

I rarely get the guac. Even though it's so damn good. I do get by without the cashier realizing I got double meat about 30-40% of the time. It was more often than that until they started to get to know me.

Then I went to Chipotle, flirted with the girl behind the counter, and was rewarded with double rice, double beans, and triple meat.
    This made me laugh. Happy to see you are on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    That's what she said (Mac joke)!

I am not a fan of leg extensions, just because they aggravate my petellar tendon sometimes. Leg curls seem to be ok though. ;-)

Rest up and heal quickly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    This made me laugh. Happy to see you are on the mend.
    I'm glad my flirtatious ways (aka whoring myself out for meat) has amused the peanut gallery. Life in NYC is really expensive. A man's gotta take every advantage her can get. Never forget the wise words of C. Montgomery Burns: "Cheating is man's way of evening the odds for himself."

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    That's what she said (Mac joke)!

I am not a fan of leg extensions, just because they aggravate my petellar tendon sometimes. Leg curls seem to be ok though. ;-)

Rest up and heal quickly!!!
    Ya, I was a little worried about how my knees would feel about the leg extensions, too. But everything seems to be fine. Hopefully I won't be doing them much longer.

Also, why do we call them "leg extensions" instead of "knee extensions?" Discuss.

Knee extensions would make too much sense in the sea of silly bullshit.

Happy you are doing better and that the female population of Chipotle appreciates your charm and good looks. Go get'em tiger ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post

You can't be giving away these D'Agostino trade secrets to the general public.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Knee extensions would make too much sense in the sea of silly bullshit.
    Good point. I am satisfied with this answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    You can't be giving away these D'Agostino trade secrets to the general public.
    Nick, let's not confuse the general public with the 6 people who read my log.