starting strength gym
Page 108 of 443 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Nick, let's not confuse the general public with the 6 people who read my log.
    lol fair enough

Two thoughts: first, it took me a few tries to understand the phrase "D'Agostino trade secrets", because I tried to figure out what the grocery store chain has to do with any of this. Then I looked at Nick's last name. [tobo kinda slow today.] Second, if I walk into a Chipotle and start flirting with the male burrito master behind the sneeze barrier and imply that I am interested in getting some extra meat, what do you think will happen?

Three cheers for my recovering back, which was able to squat not only the bar, but a little bit of weight today, without any problems. Also props to me, for restraining myself from going overboard. I really wanted to keep adding weight, but the mature, long-view side of me actually won. This is a big deal, as I usually want to be more aggressive and reckless in my own training than I am with people I coach, to my own detriment This time I took the advice I'd have given myself if I were coaching me, and shut it down while things were still fine. There's always tomorrow and next week, risk:reward just isn't worth trying to push it right now.

Squat - to warm up
    45x5x2, 75x5, 95x5, 115x5
    Notes: All fine, though I could feel it a bit in the 2 reps I went a little too low.

Press
    219x5
    Notes:
    Closing in on my all time PR 5 of 221.5, done end of May or early June. Easier this time around. Let my knees unlock on the 4th rep; again, not in a way that contributed to the press, but I still need to be more cognizant of this and lock them.

Bench Press
    310x5x5
    Notes
    : Solid. 5th set was the fastest, so there's plenty in the tank here.

Lat Pulldowns (not Chin-Downs)
    180x12, 195x10, 210x10x2
    Notes: Gonna try alternating: chin-downs Tuesdays and pull-downs Thursdays. Been a while since I did pullups or pulldowns with a pronated hand, we'll see how it goes.

Bro-Work
    Standing OH Ez Curl Bar Tri Extensions: Bar + 70 x 13, Bar + 75x12
    Alt DB Curlzzzz: 55x9,7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboP5KJo7R0
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 10-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    Two thoughts: first, it took me a few tries to understand the phrase "D'Agostino trade secrets", because I tried to figure out what the grocery store chain has to do with any of this. Then I looked at Nick's last name. [tobo kinda slow today.]
    #NYCproblems

Second, if I walk into a Chipotle and start flirting with the male burrito master behind the sneeze barrier and imply that I am interested in getting some extra meat, what do you think will happen?
    I am quite sure you set me up for this one tobo, but I would absolutely not, under any circumstances, tell the male burrito master at chipotle that you want his extra meat.

Dude- 310x5x5 is legit!

Second, if I walk into a Chipotle and start flirting with the male burrito master behind the sneeze barrier and imply that I am interested in getting some extra meat, what do you think will happen?
    That's when the Burrista gives you three times the meat and double the special sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Dude- 310x5x5 is legit!
    Thanks Brosephus. I'm supposed to do 355x3x2 tomorrow but might take 400 out for a ride just to see if I can beat you to it.

Didn't have a chance to post this earlier. Done Friday night @WFAC.

First got a chance to coach a platform of Jerkers, including Musser, Peter Nathan, Chris K, and Gillian. That was a lot of fun. We worked on getting a bounce in the jerk, instead of the slow, inefficient "Dip-n'-Drive."

Then squatted up to 195x5 and pulled 185x5x2. Back has been crabby with all the sitting this weekend, but the squats and pulls were fun and pain free. Will continue to go up slowly as it gets better little by little.

Training today in a really great, charged up atmosphere with Gillian, Staci, Nick, Tom C, and Chris K. Having Simma and Fox there as well was great, even though they weren't training. Rip and Stef caught the end, too.

Bench Press
    355x3x2
    Notes
    : first set, especially, was smoked. Decided not to go try 400 since I got so little sleep and drank more than usual this weekend. Didn't drink all that much by any stretch, just more than usual for me.

Press
    195x5x5
    Notes:
    Fast, easy. My volume pressing continues it's streak of feeling almost too easy.

Lat Chin-Downs
    180x10, 200x10x2
    Notes: Rip's lat pulldown apparatus is, uh, interesting, but I got these done. Weight is less than the one I'm using at home, but felt harder relatively.

Big compilation video of a bunch of our lifts is coming later tonight or tomorrow, once I get home and have time to splice it all together.

Most impressive was definitely Gillian's Bodyweight + 100 lbs x 2 reps chin-up. At the end of her workout. Straight up insane!

starting strength coach development program
    Though the 3 hour flight each way to/from Dallas, the two hour car ride between Wichita Falls and Dallas, and a lot more sitting and drinking, and less sleeping than I'm used to this weekend certainly didn't help with back recovery, it still feels significantly better today than it did even on Friday. It's probably too late to hit the stretch goal of 540 squat and 665 DL at the meet, but I might still be able to beat my 500/615 of September. Maybe. We shall see.

Squat
    45x5x2, 95x5, 135x5, 165x5, 195x5, 225x5, 245x5, 270x5
    Notes: Felt really good, solid, no back pain at all. Assuming continued healing and feeling good Friday, will go to at least 315.

Deadlift
    135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
    Notes: Felt fine here, too. Will go to at least 315x5 on Friday with this too, assuming continued healing.

Tried to row on the C2 but wasn't quite ready to push on that yet. The seated position is probably the culprit.