starting strength gym
Page 111 of 443 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry to hear the setback after the promise of the last couple of workouts. Sounds like you already know what you need to do. Let's get you healed and on track from late May in NJ!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Thanks for the support, all. Doesn't look like I'll be cranking big lifts out in time to help on Nov 16th though.

My day-after triage assessment is that I set myself back about 7-10 days. It is definitely better than it was after I first did it, but not nearly as OK as it had gotten before yesterday. By the time I get better again, and really better this time without hurrying back too soon as I did this time, it'll be too close to the meet to do anything of consequence. It KILLS me to let the team down, but I won't be squatting and pulling PRs in only 5 weeks from now. I shouldn't have been so stupid an stubborn and tried to come back this quickly.

If Gene lets me switch, and it could still contribute to the team, I could do bench-only. Lame and weak-sauce as that is. I should be in line for a 400 bench, give or take.
    Sorry to hear about the setback, Wolf. Don't worry about letting the team down or anything like that. I was just looking forward to competing with you, but you have to do what is best for you. It would be great if you are able to do bench only, but don't do anything that you think may slow down your recovery just for the sake of the team. Feel better, buddy.

I was looking forward to meeting and lifting with you, but John is exactly right. Take the time you need to recover properly. Your lifting career as a whole is FAR more important than one single meet.

YOU GUYS....SRSLY!!!

WOLF, no excuses NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

No furreal tho dude. Everyone is right. You have to take care of your body. You only get one. (Someone smart and dainty with the same initials as John told me that once.) There will be other meets and there will be more eats. There is still time to dominate the world with hip drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Sorry to hear the setback after the promise of the last couple of workouts. Sounds like you already know what you need to do. Let's get you healed and on track from late May in NJ!!
    The Jersey Rumble may be back on the menu. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Sorry to hear about the setback, Wolf. Don't worry about letting the team down or anything like that. I was just looking forward to competing with you, but you have to do what is best for you. It would be great if you are able to do bench only, but don't do anything that you think may slow down your recovery just for the sake of the team. Feel better, buddy.
    Thanks John. Upper body lifts haven't been effected at all, so if Gene says OK, I'll do bench only (I can't believe I'm saying this). I wrote him last night to ask and haven't heard back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jenica View Post
    I was looking forward to meeting and lifting with you, but John is exactly right. Take the time you need to recover properly. Your lifting career as a whole is FAR more important than one single meet.
    Thanks Jenica. I will still be there to help the team and also handle two lifters of my own, so we'll get a chance to finally meet. Hopefully we'll be able to do a full meet together in the not-too-distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    YOU GUYS....SRSLY!!!

WOLF, no excuses NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

No furreal tho dude. Everyone is right. You have to take care of your body. You only get one. (Someone smart and dainty with the same initials as John told me that once.) There will be other meets and there will be more eats. There is still time to dominate the world with hip drive.
    Haha, this made me laugh. It's a big bummer but you, Jenica, John, and the Canadian Hammer (am I right?) are correct. Long term is more important than short term. I will return stronger than ever, and it won't be TOO long. Just longer than Nov 16.

How much are you press benching, Comrade Wolf? 360 of these American pounds, my comrade!

Bench Press
    360x3x2
    Notes:
    Eez not problems. Veedeeyo eez lower.

Press
    197x5x5
    Notes:
    Eez many times to be harder zan last week one hundred ninety five American pounds. I am not knowing whys.

Lat Chin-Downs
    240x12,11,11
    Notes:
    I pull ze bar down more times this week. Eez gut.

Comrade Wolf out.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 10-14-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Didn't go to the gym on Tuesday. First time I plain old skipped a workout in a long time. I was planning to see if I could do some hang power cleans, but I was feeling so unmotivated by my slowly healing back and inability to squat or pull anything of significance that I just skipped it. Doubt I lost anything by not going; nothing I would have done would have been adaptation inducing anyway, just practice. And you know what they say about practice.

Despite getting more sleep than usual this week and eating well, I felt very under-recovered heading into today. May just be the accumulation of volume, which is fine since I'm about to start tapering anyway. Still haven't heard back from the meet director, but I'm proceeding under the assumption that I'll be able to do bench-only on Nov 16 and go for 400.

Press
    225x5
    Notes:
    A LONG time coming for this one, feels great to finally have it under my belt, especially on a day when I wasn't feeling recovered. I did that thing again where I let my knees unlock on some reps; nothing at all that contributed to the lift, just not a strict lock. So while not every rep was meet-worthy, for strength purposes this is a legit 225x5.

Bench Press
    315x5x5
    Notes
    : Last two sets were no-handoff-no-problem, since my spotter had to go train a client.

Lat Pull-down
    210x10x3
    Notes
    : None.

Hammer Strength (Or whatever) Plate Loaded Row
    135 (each side) x 12
    160/side x 10
    Notes: Thanks, hsilman, for reminding me about this option. I think I like it better than the cable row, at least until I can DB row again. And maybe again after I tap out the 120s (heaviest DB in the gym).

Arm Stuff
    Tris - EZ Curl Bar OH Extensions: Bar + 90 x 13
    Alt DB Curlzzz - 55x9
    Notes: Just one set each here

Woot for Wolf - 225x5, nice job yo!

You know, you can still do calf raises, right?

A two-plate press? I am still weeks away from a two-plate deadlift! Congrats :-)

starting strength coach development program
    Yaaaaaa buddy!!!!!