starting strength gym
Page 113 of 443 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
    Not as much. I'm back though. I've lifted on and off as I could when I could.

I posted this: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=43775

I'm back up/at where I was when I last chatted with you. Meet in December that I'm currently training for. Hoping to open 455/135/315 (or more).

Also trying to cut fat. Got sick a week ago, dropped 7+ pounds (scale goes to 340), after being sick, I was 334 and I'm now at 332 this morning. Getting sick has helped me to start (and want) to eat cleaner and smaller proportions.

Anyways, about to watch your video. Thanks for the welcome back.
    Good to see you back and hitting a squat PR no less! Always cool to see you pull, too. Will they let you strap in at the meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Good to see you back and hitting a squat PR no less! Always cool to see you pull, too. Will they let you strap in at the meet?
    Thank you. It feels really good. I really enjoy using percentage rather than actual weight with this program. I shocked that DOMS didn't hit, it did but, just ever so slight. Maybe I should've went more. Haha
    I wish but, no. It's okay. Whatever weight I am at when I get there is fine. I'm just wanting my squat to be big.

Bench Press
    370x2x3
    Notes:
    No grinding at all. There was nowhere to focus on as a sight picture (ceiling painted a uniform off-white with no real marks), which threw me off, especially as I was getting fatigued on the third set. The last rep was a little uneven and slow but nothing at all to worry about.

Press
    200x4x5
    Notes:
    That's 200 lbs x 4 reps x 5 sets for all you commies. I am beginning to decrease the volume on VD leading up to the meet. Pretty easy today.

Chin-Downs
    245x11x3
    Notes:
    Adding only 5lbs made these harder than I expected.

Strong work on the bench, Wolf. It looks like 400 is going down in November. Did you hear back from Gene yet? You might want to try reaching out to them through facebook. Rori and I have had better luck getting in touch with them through there rather than their website.

Nice benching. I like how you seek out the most capable spotters in the gym just in case anything shud go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Strong work on the bench, Wolf. It looks like 400 is going down in November. Did you hear back from Gene yet? You might want to try reaching out to them through facebook. Rori and I have had better luck getting in touch with them through there rather than their website.
    He responded just saying he's been busy and still catching up on his backlog of emails. Didn't actually answer my question about doing bench only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    Nice benching. I like how you seek out the most capable spotters in the gym just in case anything shud go wrong.
    Ha! We work with the tools we have. They may not be big dudes who can bench 300+ themselves, but they know how to give a hand-off (since I've taught them), which is more than I can say for everyone else there. And, deceivingly, Jameela (the little one) can deadlift 260 or so for a triple, and attended a SS Seminar. Stefanie, the taller one, looks rail thin but ran 400m in college and is actually pretty strong.

Tough day today. Upper body has been feeling successively more tired and beat up the past two weeks. I also woke up today with a sore and painful spot right near the medial superior part of my scap. I think it's either rhomboid or mid trap but not sure. It hurts to breathe deep. I haven't been sleeping well and have been eating less (since I'm not squatting or pulling anything of significance), so probably that in combo with moving up every week for a good while now has gassed me. Under normal circumstances, I'd take a de-load next week. But with a meet 3 weeks away, even if it's just bench, not a good time for a full de-load week. Hopefully my volume taper will help, and I am cutting volume on assistance stuff too, or not doing it altogether, depending how I feel that day.

Press
    228.5x3x2
    Notes:
    Much harder than I expected, after hitting 225x5 last week. I don't think I would've made 225x5 this week.

Bench
    322x4x5
    Notes:
    Upper body just felt sore and stiff. These weren't hard, per se, but not as explosive as they should have been.

Pull-Downs
    200x12, 210x11
    Notes:
    I walked into the gym today and it had been entirely re-arranged. They got rid of several of the selectorized machines, and moved things around to create more open space. In general, this is good. But they moved the squat racks such that the ONLY one place to do an actual supinated chin-up (the bar across one of the racks) is now too close to the ceiling to use. They also got rid of one of the three places to do pull-downs - the one I've been using. So I'm Meh on the new arrangement, and these were done on a different apparatus than I've been using.

Decided to cut it after this. No 3rd set of pulldowns, no rows, no arms. Need to recover.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 10-24-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: forgot a relevant point

Hang in there buddy. Your good karma has to kick in soon!

Rest up and go flirt with the Chipotle Girls!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Hang in there buddy. Your good karma has to kick in soon!
    Thanks Walter. I agree - I should get about 5 years injury free at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Staci Rudnitsky View Post
    Rest up and go flirt with the Chipotle Girls!
    Ha! My girl has disappeared. Haven't seen her this week. May have to strike up a new rapport and build it from scratch. A lifter's work is never done.