starting strength gym
Page 116 of 443 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So how much did you bench today, Michael?

Congrats :-)

I was awaiting your post about this! Woot woot!!!
    Hopefully I get this right. Here goes:
    Metzuyan!!

Yea buddy!

Good work!

Mutherfuckin WOOT, dude!
    I heard you benched like 410 today.
    Also, did you threaten your spotter? He looked terrified at one point. Right before you benched 410.

Dude. Awesome bench. That's grown man status. I can't wait to be there one day!

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    So how much did you bench today, Michael?

Congrats :-)
    Thanks tobojam. I benched two plates, brah!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    I was awaiting your post about this! Woot woot!!!
    Hopefully I get this right. Here goes:
    Metzuyan!!
    Hahaha, that's perfect Dwayne! We shall inaugurate you into the honorary Tribesman's Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Yea buddy!
    Light weight, light weight!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Good work!
    Thanks, T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    Mutherfuckin WOOT, dude!
    I heard you benched like 410 today.
    Also, did you threaten your spotter? He looked terrified at one point. Right before you benched 410.
    OK, this is freakin' hilarious! I didn't notice the clapping when it happened, but I noticed when I watched the vid. However, I didn't notice him scooting back as if I was going to give him both the herp and the HIV simultaneously if he got any closer. Ha! The story is this: it was the first time this guy had ever spotted me, so I made sure we had several warm-up sets for him to learn how to do it correctly. He handed off to me for 195x4, 255x3, 305x2, and 345x1 before the first work set at 380. I think it was at 305 that he forgot to step back out of the way so I couldn't see him. I made sure he knew about that after the set. So from that point on, he got the hell out the way!
    Hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Moye View Post
    Dude. Awesome bench. That's grown man status. I can't wait to be there one day!
    Thanks Pack Mule. Feels good to finally get it!! Keep plugging away, you'll get there.

Thanks to Dr. Petreeeezo for suggesting I try front squats. It was such a simple suggestion I'm embarrassed not to have thought of it myself, but I was so focused on "when can I squat again, when can I squat again?!?" that I forgot about this option.

So I front squatted today and it felt fine. I am not built to front squat, my knees barely get out in front of my toes, so this was a challenge especially in the 1/2" heel. I'll have to bring my reconstructed 3/4" inchers (which are now 1.1 inchers) to the gym for next time. But it seems like a decent option till I can squat again. I won't be going too heavy or pushing any limits, but at least I'll be able to get some work in.

Squat
    45x5x2

Front Squat
    45x3, 65x3, 85x3, 95x3, 115x3, 135x3, 155x3x2
    Notes: I stopped here just as a precaution but they felt fine. I have trouble keeping a fairly vertical back, since my knees just don't get very far forward of my toes, but using a higher heel next time will help a little with this.

Deadlift
    135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 235x5
    Notes: Went easy here too as a precaution. Everything was easy, obviously, but just don't want to set myself back at all.

Tried rowing on the erg again and it felt OK. I didn't do any intervals since I could tell it was just barely not quite ready for me to go all out yet, but very close. Hopefully by next week I can get some rowing in again.

I see floor trainers!!! So fucking glad i finally got off the floor.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBeech View Post
    I see floor trainers!!! So fucking glad i finally got off the floor.
    It's difficult to describe how awful it is to someone who hasn't done it for a month. None of them know how to spot, but the ones who aren't "veterans" coming from another company are at least willing to learn, so I teach a few every class. About half the time they're in a meeting with their manager anyway, but at least the other half of the time I have reasonably reliable hand-off and spotters.