starting strength gym
Page 123 of 443 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Your HOME gym is large enough to host a level II? God damn. Well, I might be needed as staff in that case anyway. I haven't checked any dates yet, not even sure the meet is yet scheduled, but we're assuming May 17 as the Saturday, correct?
    Hadn't even thought of it being read that way. That would be one massive garage, eh? Yes, I think NJ Rumble is that same weekend. I'll PM you when/if the date gets finalized by Rip and Stef. I'm just double checking to make sure no conflicts with competing events in the area.

If it ends up happening, it would be great to have you on staff.

Back to regularly scheduled programming today, folks, albeit with a bit of a ramp-back-up period which started today.

Bench Press
    340x5
    Notes
    : I hate shitty globo gym bars. Really felt it on this heavy set.

Squat
    45x5x2, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
    Notes: Gonna squat ramping 5's on my non-squat days until the mid-300's. I've been away from squatting for so long I just miss it. This should also help me readjust to the metabolic demands of squatting 5s, which are easy to forget about.

Press
    190x5x5
    Notes:
    Last rep of the final two sets was just a bit hard, but not really too much, and I didn't rest that long between sets.

Chins
    Notes
    : Added another rep. Still easy.

Squat
    This should also help me readjust to the metabolic demands of squatting 5s, which are easy to forget about.
    Seriously, it's basically a WOD.
    JK JK LOL

I bet it feels great to be back to regular programming. Surely the squat gods are elated.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    Seriously, it's basically a WOD.
    JK JK LOL

I bet it feels great to be back to regular programming. Surely the squat gods are elated.
    When you haven't done any remotely heavy squats or deadlifts, or any conditioning at all, for almost 3 months, a regular squat workout is basically 'Murph.'

Another step back up today.

Squat
    295x5x3

Deadlift
    415x5

C2 Erg
    30/90 x 5 @ paces of 1:57, 1:49, 1:46, 1:41, 1:36

Nothing was hard, but I can feel that it's not silly light anymore, which is good. Went a little more and harder than last time on the erg, though still not very hard.

Good to see things continuing to head in the right direction. Looking forward to the e-book!

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Looking forward to the e-book!
    Look for it soon, distributed exclusively by the Aasgaard Co! Only $59.99. Learn the secret "Plateau SMASHING" protocols I used to add 180 lbs to my squat in a mere three weeks!

What a terrible day. Not training wise but everything else. Supposed to fly out to Dallas today at 5pm for a great, fun-filled weekend. Now my flight is cancelled and I’m rebooked on a 10am flight tomorrow. But who knows if it’ll even take off because of the ice storms in Dallas. Seriously?!? ICE STORMS. IN DALLAS, TX. Meanwhile, it’s like 55 and balmy here in NYC. WTF?!

This weekend was going to be so much fun: First, along with Dr. Petreeeeezo, helping to coach/handle Nick at the American Open. I was really looking forward to the other 399 competitors and their coaches all looking at us like retards and idiots as Nick warmed up using the Low Bar Back Squat. I was also looking forward to him having a great meet and PRing somewhere around 140/180, after less than a full year training the lifts.

Then I was supposed to drive up with Nick to Wichita Falls to coach at the seminar there this weekend.

Now, who knows if I’ll even get in on time for the AO at all, or even the seminar for that matter.

I’m totally getting done by Dallas!

So my waking up early to train this morning (which I hate!) before my lunch clients was for naught. But I got it in.

Press
    220x5
    Notes
    : Much, much harder than it should have been. 5th rep was quite hard and went up slow. Not pleased about this.

Bench Press
    310x5x5
    Notes:
    These were fine.

Squat
    Ramping 5s up to 295x5
    Notes: Was squatting on an uneven floor in a different gym than I usually train at, so it felt weird but nothing was hard. I do feel as though I've lost my feeling of tightness and rebound at the bottom, and will need to get that back as I continue to go back up and especially once things get heavy again.

Chins
    Notes
    : Surprisingly easy.

DB Rows
    100x12, 110x10
    Notes:
    It amused me to watch a BB-type guy strap in for 105x8 and then I did 110x10 easily, without strapping in, right next to him. I would have done 120x10, but was running out of time and 110 was their heaviest DB anyway so I just moved on.

Armzzz
    Standing EZ Bar OH Extensions: Bar + 90 x 10
    Alt DB Curlz: 55x8
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 12-05-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Seriously?!? ICE STORMS. IN DALLAS, TX.
    Winter is coming.

starting strength coach development program
    That sucks man. Hopefully you get out there to experience the glorious LBBS and D'Agostino Split Snatching at the AO.