starting strength gym
Page 127 of 443 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Rob, you and I are friends, but this is getting close to crossing a line. There was a dark time in my life when I made no gainzzzz. That was before Chipotle. D'Agastino and Wolf showed me the light. I suggest you do the same before you go around telling other people to have a hamburger!
    This must be why my squat is sucking more lately. It's been a while since I've been to Chipotle to eat/flirt/make gainzzzz. Thank Petreeeezzo for the revelation.

Glad your recovery is going so well Wolf!!

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is rude, but I swear I read somewhere that you were female. Maybe in the E&P gym thread? Am I wrong, or do I just not get the joke?
    Steve, you are sufficiently unacquainted with Star Trek geekiness that I wonder how we even communicate. Do you even nerd?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I keep wanting to Chilpotle (it is a verb right?) after my workout-- it's right down the street from my new gym, but it's actually too close and I'm not hungry yet. (nor has the Feigenbaum-30-minute-post-workout-gap-after-BCAA's occurred) But seriously Wolf, you need to branch out dude. Have a hamburger. Something. Other than Chilpotle.
    It is definitely a verb, RobIs. As you'd know if you actually went there on the regs, like a good lifter. Burgers are great and all, but Chipotle.

Rob, you and I are friends, but this is getting close to crossing a line. There was a dark time in my life when I made no gainzzzz. That was before Chipotle. D'Agastino and Wolf showed me the light. I suggest you do the same before you go around telling other people to have a hamburger!
    As usual, Dr. P's insights are spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Sorry to appear that your log is only for my curious questions, Wolf, but Rob, what's this gap? I have to wait 30 minutes before I eat? Is it because I will get cramps...or...wait a minute...
    We do not geek out on nutrition questions here, man. We talk lifting, LotR, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and to a lesser extent, other nerdy things like Star Trek. I can forgive Rob for mentioned it because it worked in context, but you, sir, may take your nutrition queries where they belong.

(I assume you know I'm joking, but since sarcasm sometimes doesn't translate well over the internets, let me be clear: I AM JOKING)

As usual, Dr. P's insights are spot-on.
    And you get them all here for free, no co-payment necessary!

not being on your side of the pond, could someone post a pic of this famous 'chipotle' so we know what we are missing? I'm guessing it's some kind of south-of-the-border deliciousness, but my only local version of that had my Californian friend laughing her socks off...

Clearly it's settled then. I'm doing Chipolte post-workout tonight.

BTW, the Hobbit was awesome. Go to the 86th street and Broadway theatre and experience the red leather recliners. I do not lie.

BTW, the Hobbit was awesome. Go to the 86th street and Broadway theatre and experience the red leather recliners. I do not lie.
    CHIPOTLE* - chi - pote- lay

Sorry for rudely interrupting. Continue on : )

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post

That's nothing. I once heard someone say it ['tʃɪpəlti], with stress on the first syllable.

So it doesn't rhyme with "bottle"? (joking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    This must be why my squat is sucking more lately. It's been a while since I've been to Chipotle to eat/flirt/make gainzzzz. Thank Petreeeezzo for the revelation.

Glad your recovery is going so well Wolf!!
    Thanks (thankz?), Niki. Chipotle is definitely the key.

And you get them all here for free, no co-payment necessary!
    It's selflessness like this that earned you your 5th 'e.'

Good man. And I might just. I was thinking IMAX, but maybe I'll relax on some red leather while I take in Smaug the Magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post

I noticed that too. I was going to let it go, but if we're being honest, glad you stepped in and fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    That's nothing. I once heard someone say it ['tʃɪpəlti], with stress on the first syllable.
    I speak elvish, both Quenya and Sindarin, and can do a passable Klingon. But have no idea what you just wrote.
    (note: I don't actually speak elvish or Klingon)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I noticed that too. I was going to let it go, but if we're being honest, glad you stepped in and fixed that.
    Wow, you'd think I squatted high or something.

Moreover, IT WAS A TYPO. I's not ingnorant or nothing.