starting strength gym
Page 132 of 443 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Default Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Oh man, I just read your horrible ordeal. The universe owes you some crazy positive karma for keeping your cool through all that.

Quote Originally Posted by jenica View Post
    Oh man, I just read your horrible ordeal. The universe owes you some crazy positive karma for keeping your cool through all that.
    Thanks Jenica. Appreciate it. I hope you're right!

I am logging the fact that I did not train today. Since my trap is still not 100% (though is thankfully MUCH better since the massage), it would have been light today anyway. So I'll do it tomorrow when I squat and pull, and get that second massage Saturday, and hopefully will be ready to actually TRAIN upper body again next week. Will take a bit of time to work back up to PRs, but all of these setbacks and ordeals have done one positive thing - taught me a bit of patience. Not much, but a bit.

Still kept it lighter today, but pushed the weights up from Tuesday.

Squat
    45x5x2, 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 325x5, 365x5
    Notes: Pretty easy all the way through. I like ramping 5s.

Deadlift
    455x5
    Notes: Easy. Forgot my 3" belt so used the 4". I don't like it as much but I pulled in it for 18 months and it's fine.

Halting DL
    315x8
    Notes: Super easy.

Dual Cable Lat PD
    180x10, 200x10, 220x10

C2 Erg
    30 / 1:35 x 6 @ paces: 2:00, 1:50, 1:43, 1:38, 1:35, 1:32
    Still pretty easy, just going slow here

Last edited by Michael Wolf; 01-10-2014 at 04:34 PM.

That t-shirt brings back memories. Looking jacked and stacked Wolf. 2014 IS the year of the Wolf…my brother from another mother.

Wolf, you really have had it rough. I don't think there is any way to explain the frequency of your injuries and tweaks. I do know that each one teaches you something and gives you more tools to help others. When the time comes that you get a good run (hopefully that is now), you will be unstoppable. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of what I learned during recovery phases from my worst injuries has contributed to my greatest strengths of today.

Have fun tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    That t-shirt brings back memories. Looking jacked and stacked Wolf. 2014 IS the year of the Wolf…my brother from another mother.
    Oh man. Dec 1, 2012 was probably the last time I was completely uninjured everywhere at the same time and able to progress all lifts simultaneously. The injury to my left shoulder on my opening attempt started a cascade. It was a great weekend though. Here is to the year of the Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Mounsey View Post
    Wolf, you really have had it rough. I don't think there is any way to explain the frequency of your injuries and tweaks. I do know that each one teaches you something and gives you more tools to help others. When the time comes that you get a good run (hopefully that is now), you will be unstoppable. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of what I learned during recovery phases from my worst injuries has contributed to my greatest strengths of today.

Have fun tonight.
    Thanks Gillian - I did have fun & I know you saw the pic!

I tend to agree with you. Even me being a little more injury prone than average doesn't really explain the spate of unexplained issues over such a prolonged period. Especially considering the form I use is pretty solid on every lift, it's not like I have a bevy of major technique errors that would make this more logical. Sometimes shit happens, and sometimes it happens in oddly dense frequencies. Who knows. Everything is good now except my trap, which is still a lot better than before.

I hope to take everything I learn from each setback as a lesson I can learn from and impart to my future self and anyone I coach.

Trained upper body light today to test the trap. Not 100% but a lot better than before. I will seek out a local ART practitioner to see if that helps get it back to 100%, but in the meantime it was good to at least do something upper body.

Press
    45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 185x5, 205x1
    Notes: A lot of lacrosse ball work on the trap and scap in between sets. It felt OK, if not quite 100% right, all the way up till 205, when it was a little worse holding the bar.

Bench Press
    45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
    Notes: These felt OK - didn't hurt, but at 225 and 275, I could "feel" the trap not quite loving it.

Chins
    4 sets of 6
    Notes: Pleasantly surprised that these were fine

Wide Grip Presses
    95 x 5-10 reps x a few sets
    Notes: Did these to see if my trap liked it better when there was no tension on it at the bottom of the lift. It did. Wide grip feels weird though - these were out about where I hold the bar when I squat. May incorporate these more if I need to.

DB Bicep Curls
    45x10, 40x10 - easy
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 01-13-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Happy almost birthday Wolf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Mounsey View Post
    I do know that each one teaches you something and gives you more tools to help others. When the time comes that you get a good run (hopefully that is now), you will be unstoppable. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of what I learned during recovery phases from my worst injuries has contributed to my greatest strengths of today.
    Tapatalk
    Well said, Gillian.

Glad you got some upper body stuff in on the eve of your name day, Wolf.