starting strength gym
Page 134 of 443 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Today was alright. First time since my trap started bugging me on 12/19 that I pressed and benched without some bad pain. The feeling wasn't completely gone, but it was downgraded to discomfort. I wouldn't want to push for a 5RM or really heavy sets across on it yet, but it felt good for it to just not hurt so freakin bad and feel like the training wasn't making it any worse.

Press
    45x5, 85x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 195x5, 215x1
    Notes: A little twingy in the trap, but mostly OK. Felt good to have some weight on the bar. Last rep @ 195 I pressed away from me, but it's light enough that that didn't matter. Didn't keep knees locked at 215.

Bench Press
    45x8, 95x8, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 265x5, 295x5
    Notes: Still a little twingy at lockout. Not hard though.

DB Bench Press
    70x8, 80x8, 90x8
    Notes: Wanted to see if these avoided the twinginess at lockout. They did. Might incorporate some at higher reps till benching is back to normal.

Chins
    Notes: Fine.

Standing EZ Curl OH Tri Extensions
    Bar + 60 x 10 x 2

Rolled my trap aggressively with the lacrosse ball afterwards, while going through various ROM stuff, for a good 10-15 mins. Seemed to help some more.

Solid day today. Feel good about getting closer to pre-injury weights.

Squat
    380x5, 385x5, 390x5
    Notes: Didn't quite have as good a feel for depth, or tightness at the bottom, as I did Tuesday, but still better than previous weeks. None of these were hard, all felt a solid medium. Rested 3-4 mins, but I was antsy. Wanted to rest less.

Deadlift
    495x1, 515x1
    Notes: Pulled today so that when I get back to regular schedule next week of DLing heavy on Fridays, it won't be 10 days since I pulled. But because I already did 475x5 on Tuesday, just did two singles that are heavy for my current training condition. I look forward to getting back to where I was in September, when 515x5 was a solidly heavy, but no drama and certainly not 5RM, set.

Halting DL
    365x6
    Notes: Double OH and beltless. Would have done more but was feeling some fatigue from already having pulled on Tuesday here, so cut it at 6. Not too hard though.

Versa Climber
    75 ft AFAP / 1 min rest x 5
    Then one 115 ft climb to round out to 500 ft @ about 75% effort.

Video (I mis-placed my phone for the 515 set so you can't really see the bottom):

I think I would actually pay to see you conditioning on a versa-climber. Nice job on the squats and pulls, looked easy.

I'm pretty sure those versa-climbers have a 200lb weight limit. Also I expect to see the versa-climber conditioning included in the next video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    Also I expect to see the versa-climber conditioning included in the next video.
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    I think I would actually pay to see you conditioning on a versa-climber. Nice job on the squats and pulls, looked easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    I'm pretty sure those versa-climbers have a 200lb weight limit. Also I expect to see the versa-climber conditioning included in the next video.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkennedy View Post
    Please.
    If I'd known there was such a high demand for a video of my ass wiggling back and forth as I pretend to climb vertically, I would have figured out a way to monetize that months ago!

If the 2nd rower isn't repaired soon, you guys are likely to get your wish. Get the popcorn ready. Nah, scratch that; get the chipotle ready!

We all know you have good squat. Let's see some footage of the post workout chipotle.

You can get like 1.5x meat for regular meat if you ask for half and half of two kinda cause they suck at measuring. I've never tried for 1/4 of each kind of meat but I bet thag wold be more than twice meat for price of regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    We all know you have good squat. Let's see some footage of the post workout chipotle.
    I am embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't been getting my PWO Chipotle lately. Ever since my trap started limiting my upper body movements, I haven't actually been at training weights in anything - squats and pulls still catching up to previous levels, and upper body stuff light because of the trap. So I've been saving my $ and calories till at least SOMETHING is back at actual training weight. Which should be very soon. Trap is feeling better and will squat 405x5x3 and pull 485x5 this week. So shouldn't be TOO far off on either one. And then it's back to earning my namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    You can get like 1.5x meat for regular meat if you ask for half and half of two kinda cause they suck at measuring. I've never tried for 1/4 of each kind of meat but I bet thag wold be more than twice meat for price of regular.
    You're probably right about the 1.5x meat. But why would you only want 1.5x meat? And are you willing to take that chance?! Not if you're a champion, you're not.

starting strength coach development program
    Trap/Shoulder still getting better but not all the way there yet. I rolled over the lacrosse ball a lot between almost every set of bench and press. It was much busier than usual at 2:30pm today due to MLK day, and some dude I've never seen before asked me what program I'm on (maybe he saw me bench and lifting shoes and belt?). When I said a split version of the TM, not only did he know what I was talking about, but he said he is on the 3 day version. He was high bar squatting in sneakers, and only about 255, so I don't know if he really SHOULD be on the TM, but hey, it was still a nice surprise.

Bench Press
    45x8x2, 95x6, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5
    Notes: Felt less discomfort on the bench today. Did these with pretty short rest. 315 felt harder than I expected but wasn't really hard. Could just be the combination of not resting much, not chalking my back (the bench is basically a slip-n'-slide), and not feeling anything heavy for a while. Plus still a small amount of twinginess.

Press
    Warm up to 195x5x2, 175x5
    Notes: It's nice to get some volume in at reasonably heavy weights, even if they're not actual work set weights yet. Trap bugged me more on presses than bench, which is nothing new, but it didn't feel any better here than it did Thursday. After the noticeable improvement in the bench, I was hoping pressing would be better, too.

Chins

EZ Curl Bar Bicep Curls
    Bar + 50 x12
    Bar + 60 x 12
    Bar + 65 x 10
    Notes: I know these don't utilize the full function of the biceps, but I wanted to use a bar without taking one out of use of a squat rack (I'm nice like that), so just did these.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 01-20-2014 at 04:52 PM.