starting strength gym
Page 135 of 443 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You were really killing it with those curlz today. Definitely improved the gym tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I heard musculoskeletal injuries raise protein requirements. Eat yourself well again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_la_Rosa View Post
    You were really killing it with those curlz today. Definitely improved the gym tour.
    I know you could see the massive pump from across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tandy View Post
    Man I heard musculoskeletal injuries raise protein requirements. Eat yourself well again.
    Have no fear Joe, I'm not exactly on caloric deprivation here. Not by a long shot. I'm just not eating as if I were training hard without actually training hard, as I did for a few months as I got progressively fatter.

First day training with Sarah_la_Rosa, who will be joining me for training most of the time. Ryan, my previous partner and a trainer at the gym, backed out on me a couple weeks ago and I've been solo-ing it since. Sarah is a Starting Strength Coach and a good lifter in her own right and it should be fun and productive for us to work together. As today's videos will show once I get them posted, the emphasis may be a little heavy on the fun for now, but we get it done.

Squat
    395x5x3
    Notes: Easy. Feel good about how these felt and bar speed. Sarah's feedback was in line with what I felt and my usual nemeses: knees out more, and a couple reps got a bit forward towards my toes.

RDL
    135x1+8, 225x1+8, 275x1+6, 315x1+5
    Notes: From the floor, so notation is 1 deadlift + #of RDLs. All easy, just getting some work in while waiting to DL on Friday. Trap still bugging me so avoided cleaning again.

Versa Climber
    75 ft AFAP / 60s rest x 5
    110 ft @ ~80% to finish out 500 ft

Video of the important parts of today's workout will follow as soon as Sarah gets it to me.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 01-21-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post

Video of the important parts of today's workout will follow as soon as Sarah gets it to me.
    No pressure or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_la_Rosa View Post
    No pressure or anything...
    Hurry Sarah! We need to see the versa climber!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    Hurry Sarah! We need to see the versa climber!!!
    You will be *WELL* rewarded Niki, I promise. There might even be a bonus video.

Alright kids. The highly anticipated training video from today. Only the most important, biomechanically interesting parts of today's training were included in this video. Which will no doubt be seen by at least 4 of my rabid fans. Thanks to Sarah for her excellent videography. Thanks to me for the excellent choreography.

First day training with Sarah_la_Rosa, who will be joining me for training most of the time. Ryan, my previous partner and a trainer at the gym, backed out on me a couple weeks ago and I've been solo-ing it since. Sarah is a Starting Strength Coach and a good lifter in her own right and it should be fun and productive for us to work together. As today's videos will show once I get them posted, the emphasis may be a little heavy on the fun for now, but we get it done.
    Cool beans-- good for the both of you!

RDL
    135x1+8, 225x1+8, 275x1+6, 315x1+5
    Notes: From the floor, so notation is 1 deadlift + #of RDLs. All easy...
    No offense, but these are too light (for you) to be counted as "deadlifts." So you pulled 'em from the floor, no need for special notation. They are just RDL's with a little extra range of motion! :-P

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Cool beans-- good for the both of you!
    Yup, this should be great. I have never in my life trained on a regular basis with someone else who knew what I was trying to do and was competent at coaching it. So from that angle, this is a big plus. Also, Sarah's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    No offense, but these are too light (for you) to be counted as "deadlifts." So you pulled 'em from the floor, no need for special notation. They are just RDL's with a little extra range of motion! :-P
    Ha! Too light, I agree. The only reason I gave them special notation is because of the difference in the movement (stretch reflex etc).