starting strength gym
Page 143 of 443 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry about your nagging injuries, Mike. I feel your pain man!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Rask View Post
    Sorry about your nagging injuries, Mike. I feel your pain man!
    Thanks Travis. I hope you don't feel it literally, rather just sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Thanks Travis. I hope you don't feel it literally, rather just sympathy.
    Both. My upper back has been jacked up since Dec 2012 as well. Finally think I'm turning a corner, a few thousand dollars and a lot of hand-wringing later. You'll get there man!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Rask View Post
    Both. My upper back has been jacked up since Dec 2012 as well. Finally think I'm turning a corner, a few thousand dollars and a lot of hand-wringing later. You'll get there man!
    I'm still less than $1000 in, so hopefully I don't have too far to go. I thought it was soft tissue, but the lack of response to all the work with modalities that help with that, plus being more attuned to it and noticing some crackling and popping, makes me suspect the AC joint or something jointy rather than soft tissuey. We'll see.

I'm just here to offer some virtual sympathy.
    This has been a really long run of training frustration and injury, and I admire your dedication through it all.

It's time for a change! I really, really hope it comes very quickly!

Wolf,
    I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you to have your potential perpetually squandered by these nagging injuries. We, on the outside, have our own frustration in not being able to see you continually improve, imagining what you could be capable of. However, I find it incredibly impressive how do continue to get to the gym, train, and put in the work, even on the days you feel shitty. You could just decide that your training is worthless, but you don't and it isn't! You still legitimately train when most people would decide to curse weightlifting and take up Zumba.
    And, who knows, maybe these things will stop just as quickly as they started? Here's hoping. HODOR

(I had no idea who everyone was talking to in previous posts...who is Mike???)

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    I'm just here to offer some virtual sympathy.
    This has been a really long run of training frustration and injury, and I admire your dedication through it all.

It's time for a change! I really, really hope it comes very quickly!
    Thank you, scteacher. Your words and thoughts are much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    (I had no idea who everyone was talking to in previous posts...who is Mike???)
    It's funny how, when your name is Michael, people will just call you Mike. No one calls me Mike except people I don't really know. I don't mind it in those circumstances, but it's definitely either Wolf or Michael. Or Michael of House Wolf. I have yet to earn my 'Ser."

Wolf,
    See guys, just like that.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you to have your potential perpetually squandered by these nagging injuries. We, on the outside, have our own frustration in not being able to see you continually improve, imagining what you could be capable of. However, I find it incredibly impressive how do continue to get to the gym, train, and put in the work, even on the days you feel shitty. You could just decide that your training is worthless, but you don't and it isn't! You still legitimately train when most people would decide to curse weightlifting and take up Zumba.
    And, who knows, maybe these things will stop just as quickly as they started? Here's hoping. HODOR
    HODOR!

I don't think I'm being ridiculous or arrogant when I speculate that if I'd had the last 15 months to train with the average amount of setbacks/injuries/issues that most people have, that I'd be sitting on or looking at an upcoming meet total of something in the 1700-1800 range. I was squatting 500 for doubles 8 months ago - and that was after a couple month setback in itself. I benched 420 (t-n-g) merely 3 months ago, and that was after not being able to bench for 6 months and started back ~50 lbs lighter than I left off. And so on. Taking time off only for de-loads and minor tweaks, I think 575-600/430-450/700-730 is a good rough guess of where I'd be. It's frustrating not to have actualized so much potential, but I will keep fighting to do the best I can.

Cause what else am I gonna do? JOG?!?

Default Deload Day 2

Since I haven't really done hard UB work, I can't really de-load from it but today showed me taking this week to deload squats and pulls was definitely a good idea.

Squat
    350x3x3
    Notes: Felt slow, sluggish, weak, all over the place. Sarah insists they were fine. I did feel not as awful about the third set. Sounds like a deload to me.

Jumping Flailing Reverse Curl (aka Power Clean)
    95x3, 125x3, 145x3, 165x3, 185x3, 205x3, 135x3x2
    Notes: I cannot adequately describe how bad these were today. I was slow as molasses, uncoordinated as Elaine Benes dancing, and as graceful as an Elephant on roller skates. And those were my good reps.

C2 Erg
    30s Row / 1:30 Rest x 7
    Splits: First one at ~1:55 to warm up, then 6 between 1:40 and 1:45. RPE 7.

Definitely feeling the accumulation of volume today, glad to deload.

Also, Legolas was at the gym today. Sarah didn't notice.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 02-11-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Jumping Flailing Reverse Curl (aka Power Clean)
    95x3, 125x3, 145x3, 165x3, 185x3, 205x3, 135x3x2
    Notes: I cannot adequately describe how bad these were today. I was slow as molasses, uncoordinated as Elaine Benes dancing, and as graceful as an Elephant on roller skates. And those were my good reps.
    Haha, this made me laugh. And depressingly reminded me of my last few clean sessions.

Also, Legolas was at the gym today. Sarah didn't notice.
    La Rosa loses points big time. You still going to work out with her? I dunno...

starting strength coach development program
    The trainer in the background of that 505 makes me sad.