• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_la_Rosa View Post
    FAAAAAAST.

Also, I like the subtitles.
    Da.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    I recognized Tompetelli's voice, but who was the narrator with the Russian accent?

Mother Russia must be quite proud of the fast, submaximal-looking PR deadlifts.
    That was voice of Borris. Motherland has sent me three pints of finest Borscht in recognition of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Way to lie on the floor like a cross-fitter Wolf. Solidarity.

I actually miss the prowler sometimes.

CONGRATS ON THE DL PR!
    HA! I didn't even think of the Crossfitter angle, I was just trying to be dramatic for the camera. Truth be told, I was winded but not totally toasted. Probably because I only did a few intervals. I do wish I could prowl regularly. Mixing it up with rowing would be better than rowing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fino View Post
    Great videos in Oakland, super entertaining. Oh yeah and the DL PR was pretty cool too.
    Thanks Fino.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Congrats on the DL PR, Wolf. Also, your videos have excellent production value, but I think Tom needs to practice his cues with a Russian accent.
    Thanks JP. I'm sneaking back up on you, better watch your back for a Sneaky Jew Attack!

Tom and I have been working on our Russian vocab all weekend. Do you think he actually had to use goggle translate to put in those sub titles?!? You'd be sadly mistaken, friend.

Nice pulls, Wolf. As i was watching you squeeze the last one up I thought you had 1-2 left in the tank, da?

Quote Originally Posted by HamptonMike View Post
    Nice pulls, Wolf. As i was watching you squeeze the last one up I thought you had 1-2 left in the tank, da?
    Da. Which made me doubly happy - PR set of 5 in the DL with plenty of gas in the tank. I am going to make another 10 lb jump to 535 next week, and if that goes well, will hit 545x5 after that, which will be a pretty great plate milestone. I imagine I'll switch to triples before too long, though.

Another upper body mediocrity day. Huzzah.

Press
    Up to 205x3, 225x1, then 175x5x2, 150x8
    Notes: Planned to get 225x3, to follow up on last week's 220x3 HODOR Presses, but I just didn't have it today. Just got the single and that was it, so also reduced the weight of my back-off work. At least all the reps at 175 and 150 were easy and fast.

Chins
    Notes: Despite Sarah almost making me fall off the chinning bar by talking about Trevor The Vampire in the middle of my first set, I managed to hang on.

Bench
    255x5,5,8
    Notes: I didn't bench at all while I was away, my erectors were very unused to holding the arch so they complained a bit. Everything was pretty fast, I just am de-trained pretty badly on bench at this point.

Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Row
    180 (four 45s) / side x 12, 10
    Notes: I definitely spend more time loading these than actually using the thing.

Your upper body mediocrity is better than my upper body mediocrity. How does that make you feel? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Your upper body mediocrity is better than my upper body mediocrity. How does that make you feel? LOL
    Like we should get together and drown our sorrows out over a Denny's The Hobbit Menu. 'cept it probably doesn't fit your mAAcros.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Chins
    Notes: Despite Sarah almost making me fall off the chinning bar by talking about Trevor The Vampire in the middle of my first set, I managed to hang on.
    "I'm a vampire and.. "
    And what?! That's it?? I'm a vampire and here's a million dollars? I'm a vampire and here's your own spaceship? I mean.. what the...

Another upper body mediocrity day. Huzzah.

Press
    Up to 205x3, 225x1, then 175x5x2, 150x8
    Notes: Planned to get 225x3, to follow up on last week's 220x3 HODOR Presses, but I just didn't have it today. Just got the single and that was it, so also reduced the weight of my back-off work. At least all the reps at 175 and 150 were easy and fast.

Chins

Bench
    255x5,5,8
    Notes: I didn't bench at all while I was away, my erectors were very unused to holding the arch so they complained a bit. Everything was pretty fast, I just am de-trained pretty badly on bench at this point.

Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Row
    180 (four 45s) / side x 12, 10
    Notes: I definitely spend more time loading these than actually using the thing.
    Will you try for 225 again next week?

Like we should get together and drown our sorrows out over a Denny's The Hobbit Menu. 'cept it probably doesn't fit your mAAcros.
    Silly Denny's, should have done an Elven Menu, with Lembas Bread.

"I'm a vampire and.. "
    And what?! That's it?? I'm a vampire and here's a million dollars? I'm a vampire and here's your own spaceship? I mean.. what the...
    "Oh trevor, I pine for you." Hahaha

Sarah, did you say, "And what?! I'm a vampire and here are a million kitties for you to snuggle with?"

"I'm a vampire and.. "
    "Oh trevor, I pine for you." Hahaha

Sarah, did you say, "And what?! I'm a vampire and here are a million kitties for you to snuggle with?"
    You two crack me up.

Will you try for 225 again next week?
    Probably. But depends how my shoulder feels.

Silly Denny's, should have done an Elven Menu, with Lembas Bread.

starting strength coach development program
    Still a bit off schedule but got my training in today. Will resume normal schedule this coming week; I don't think the one less day of rest before Tuesday's volume squats will be a problem, since I didn't pull heavy today.

Squat
    460x3x2
    Notes:
    I haven't watched the vid yet, but my feeling was that I got somewhat loose and forward at the bottom and didn't keep my knees in check, but was still strong out of the hole and on the way up.

There were also two guys "lifting" on the leg press right next to me who were really annoying. Talking really loudly about the stupidest, mundane things and not being aware of space regarding me taking a heavily loaded bar out right next to them. One of them is a trainer at the gym who thinks he's hot shit, so options were limited WRT changing that situation.

Also right before Set 1, this old dude who is a member came up and started talking to me. Like literally when I was doing my focus/psych up routine. It was annoying, had to re-set. This was after I already interrupted and re-set my focus routine when a maintenance staff member came walking right up to and in front of the rack and started vacuuming just as I was about to do the set for the first time. Ugh. Commercial gyms, how I hate thee.

Being at good gyms for 2 weeks also really made me appreciate squatting on hard flooring. Plywood or hard, solid rubber mats. The floor at Equinox is noticeably squishier, really makes a difference when the weights start getting heavier.

Power Cleans
    Triples and doubles from 95-175, then 190x3, 205x3x4
    Notes: Not hard, but felt off technique-wise today. It's probably just in my head, but the floor was really annoying me today. I didn't feel I could get a good jump since it "gives" too much. Ah well.

C2 Erg
    30s Row / 90s Rest x 7 @ 1:56, 1:44, 1:38, 1:38, 1:34, 1:33, 1:27
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 03-01-2014 at 07:50 PM.