• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yeah buddy 555X5!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMask View Post
    Damn impressive on the 555x5. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    Nice job on crushing deadlifts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Yeah buddy 555X5!!!!!
    Thanks guys - collectively coming from some of the strongest guys on the forum, means a lot! All sights set on 700 in July at Heatwave.

Ya, Heatwave. That's right, bitches.

Love it!

Upper deload day 2.

Press
    190x3, 205x2, 215x1, 190x3
    Notes: Felt a little heavier,slower than I expected but no problems. Still pretty easy.

Bench Press
    275x3, 300x2, 320x1, 275x3
    Notes: Same as for press. Shoulder was a little crabby today, in general, but not any worse during or after benching.

Chins
    Notes: Rest went from 3 to 5 min over the course of these. This is a lot of volume for me. It would be cool to hit 4x15.

Hammer Strength PL Row
    180/side (4 x 45) x 11 x 2

DB Curls
    55x8, 50x8

Lateral Raises
    25x15, 30x10

I forgot to mention that my belt has been looser, the 4th hole is almost too loose now and I'll need to move to the 5th before long. And a bicep vein made a (somewhat muted) appearance today too.

1. Who am I?!?!
    2. Veinzzzz = gainzzzz?

^^^ *Like*

A bit worried that my left glute is still so tweaky. It was better than Tuesday, but not by much. Still tweaked almost every squat rep today, making it very hard to maintain full control and stay tight. I've been using mainly the rumble roller and supernova on it, because in the past I've found my butt is too big for a regular lacrosse ball. But I tried it again today and found that for this spot, the lacrosse ball actually hits it better so I'm gonna be all over that the next few days. Also getting a massage Sunday, which hopefully will help. This doesn't feel like a true injury, which is good, but it will definitely negatively affect training to an extent if I can't get it sorted out. It's frustrating, I don't know why the barbell gods punish me so. But let's see if it clears up or is at least a lot better by Tuesday, next time I need to squat.

Squat
    365x3, 395x2, 420x1, 365x3
    Notes: Not much, other than the above. Felt a bit heavy on my back, in general, but again it's probably because it's hard to get psyched up knowing it's a de-load.

Also some douchebag lawyer first complimented me when he saw my bar loaded with 420, then proceeded to tell me to watch out for my knees since I'm so young and have a long time left to live. Oh, he was benching 145 on the decline bench, courtesy of two 25 pound bumper plates on each side - the ONLY two pairs of 25 bumpers in the gym - which he left on the bar when he was done with his workout. Fucking idiot.

Deadlift
    455x3, 495x1
    Notes: I was apprehensive about the glute so didn't get my head right for 455. It felt hard and slow. I was better for the 495 and it was fine.

C2 erg Intervals
    30/90 x 8 - one warmup, seven fast-ish
    Paces, after the first one, were all about 1:36-1:38, with the last one at 1:32. Again, not all out, but fast enough to sweat a little and get my heart rate up some without working too terribly hard. I like de-loading conditioning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Felt a bit heavy on my back, in general, but again it's probably because it's hard to get psyched up knowing it's a de-load.
    Yea, it doesn't seem to matter what the weight is, it always seems to feel heavier than it should. I look forward to the deload when I'm feeling beat up and run down, but I'm not a big fan of the deload. It's very existential.

It will clear up Wolf. The iron gods don't want to punish you; they just want to give you subtle reminders to listen to your body.

Also weight always equals weight. Its just how you approach it. So you are probably right that its the mindset of the deload that is playing tricks with you. I like how Chad just did his "deload" and PR'd all week. It keeps the STRONG mindset going.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    It will clear up Wolf. The iron gods don't want to punish you; they just want to give you subtle reminders to listen to your body.

Also weight always equals weight. Its just how you approach it. So you are probably right that its the mindset of the deload that is playing tricks with you. I like how Chad just did his "deload" and PR'd all week. It keeps the STRONG mindset going.
    Yea, what the fuck was that? That kid is starting to piss me off with his non-stop progress and constant PR's. He's as bad as Rori.

Also, if the glute is just a small tweak and not an actual injury, it's just that. You train through it and keep a close eye. No reason to cry "wolf-disease" prematurely. Hopefully a nice restful weekend and some manual work will have it ready for the heavy stuff when you are ready.