starting strength gym
Page 168 of 443 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Excellent run Wolf...been mirin' all the way from Jersey along the way. Hope the meet prep runs smoothly.

Feeling a bit beat up, but pushing through one more hard week.

Press
    235x3x2 - PR
    Notes:
    Last time I was doing 235, I was excited it was for three doubles. Tripled it twice today, so progress. Felt a bit slow and off-point, but got them locked out.

Bench Press
    330x5x5 - PR
    Notes:
    Technically should have made a 2lb jump to 329, but it's so close to the round number and bench has finally been feeling good again and I have a light week anyway next week, so went for it. They got a bit slow by the end, but really not a problem getting them done.

Weighted Chins
    BW+45 x 6,5,5
    Notes
    : Couldn't quite get chin over the bar for a 6th rep on either set 2 or set 3. Almost.

Plate Loaded Hammer Strength Row
    190/side (45x4 + a 10/side) x 10 x 3
    Notes: Added 10 lbs since I was doing 12s across.

Torchin The Tris
    Standing EZ Curl OH Extensions
    Bar + 50 x 8,7
    Notes: Triceps were fried from all the pressing, but felt solid. Just got tired early.

Finished with external rotation stuff for shoulder.

Mirin that bench press.....

Crushed that 5x5

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Videos of Wolf lifting a small house
    Dafuq????

You're destroying these, Wolf! Way to persevere! Uncle Joe very proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Mirin that bench press.....
    Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Crushed that 5x5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    Dafuq????

You're destroying these, Wolf! Way to persevere! Uncle Joe very proud!
    Thanks all. I was very glad to get these lifts on the first day of what should have been a deload. Overreaching for sure, but PRing is so so sweet.

So today's Volume Day squats nearly killed me. In addition to the accumulated fatigue of the cycle, I'm also coming off Friday's PRs in both Deadlift and Squat, both of which definitely ramped things up a bunch for me. I got all the reps, but it was such a mental grind, more so than any day of training since I've been back from injury. After the squats, I had absolutely nothing left. I was totally wiped out.

Squat
    435x5x5
    Notes
    : Hard from rep 1. Knew it was going to be tough. I've been getting away with going from 5-7 min rest periods over the five sets on volume day, but today went from 6 to 10. And was still bloody hard. Wish I had footage of my last set. I got psyched up, which I never do in training, and destroyed the first four. Then I completely ran out of gas and has to grind through the 25th and final rep of the workout sooooo slowly. Took 5 minutes after that before I could even unload the bar.

Whether I am recovered enough to set a new intensity day PR on Friday is questionable. I will get a bit of extra sleep the next two mornings as my first client of the day is away each day, so maybe. I'm confident I'll get some type of PR, but it might need to be modified from 510 for three doubles. We shall see.

Power Clean
    45x6, 95x2, 125x2, 155x2, 185x2, 205x2, 225x2
    Notes: Tired, beat, sluggish, no pop. Before the workout, I hoped to hit up to 260 or 265 for a single. Once I did the first squat set, I knew there was no way. 225 felt heavy and I just called it. No clean pulls. I'll do them Friday.

C2 Erg Intervals
    30s Row/90s Rest x 8
    Paces: 1:50.2, 1:43.4, 1:38.6, 1:36.1, 1:35.5, 1:36.7, 1:37.4, 1:29.6
    Notes: Not very fast, but considering how much I put into the squats, not bad.

Wolf are you on a modified tm template. We seem to be hitting prs on similar days. I think you are cycling deadlifts every other week and clean and clean pulls ?

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Wolf are you on a modified tm template. We seem to be hitting prs on similar days. I think you are cycling deadlifts every other week and clean and clean pulls ?
    I am. Four day split.

Current iteration is:
    Mon: Press Intensity, Bench Volume, Weighted Chins, Rows, Triceps
    Tues: Squat Volume (alt 3x5/5x5), Power Cleans, Clean Pulls, Conditioning
    Thurs: Bench Intensity, Press Volume, BW Chins, Rows, Biceps (Drop a set of chins, all the rows, and one of the two sets of biceps the week of heavy pulling)
    Fri: Squat Intensity, Deadlift - PR set of 5/4/3/2/1 alt with heavy but not PR singles on off weeks; 1-2 back-off sets of Halting DL or Deficit DL on heavy weeks only, Conditioning

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I am. Four day split.

Current iteration is:
    Mon: Press Intensity, Bench Volume, Weighted Chins, Rows, Triceps
    Tues: Squat Volume (alt 3x5/5x5), Power Cleans, Clean Pulls, Conditioning
    Thurs: Bench Intensity, Press Volume, BW Chins, Rows, Biceps (Drop a set of chins, all the rows, and one of the two sets of biceps the week of heavy pulling)
    Fri: Squat Intensity, Deadlift - PR set of 5/4/3/2/1 alt with heavy but not PR singles on off weeks; 1-2 back-off sets of Halting DL or Deficit DL on heavy weeks only, Conditioning
    cool program… and great work here Wolf!