Page 171 of 443 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    Dammit! Tape 3 got stuck in my car stereo. Now the Harry Potter movies are ruined!

Wolf -

I lurked your log a little a while back, when you were running out your LP and transitioning to TM. I ditched LP a long time ago thinking I'd gotten all I could out of it. But I've been making another run at it over the past couple of months with pretty decent results, and I've been catching up on your log some during this time. I certainly have a renewed respect for the work you put in to make the progress you did just to get to TM, and it looks like you're leaps and bounds beyond that now. It's awesome that you kept such a detailed log, it's definitely been helpful for me to read through a lot of it.

Also, lots of GoT lately, so fuck yeah to that too.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    I'm a lot more bummed about Drogo now. That was just lame.

Steve - hang on, and don't get too attached to anyone. But enjoy!

Only change I really cared about so far is the tyrion-shae thing. It's more of a betrayal in the books because he doesn't treat her like shit beforehand.
    I still thought it was a huge betrayal. Maybe I was taking the viewer's perspective too much (and not hers): I was thinking how it was so clear that he sent her away to protect her. Which also confused me: didn't he send her away? To like the other part of the world?

I almost stopped watching after the red wedding. That was over the top and I was sick to my stomach for days. But then I got over it.

And OH-- there's some decent lifting going on somewhere around here too!

I, for one, am impressed by the chins-- I mean what's your BMI, like 50 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I still thought it was a huge betrayal. Maybe I was taking the viewer's perspective too much (and not hers): I was thinking how it was so clear that he sent her away to protect her. Which also confused me: didn't he send her away? To like the other part of the world?

I almost stopped watching after the red wedding. That was over the top and I was sick to my stomach for days. But then I got over it.

I, for one, am impressed by the chins-- I mean what's your BMI, like 50 or something?
    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY let's please not make it necessary to change the name of this log to GoT Spoiler Log. I'm afraid to read anything at this point.

Until then, Wolf, I do hope your training is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by crucified_ego View Post
    Wolf -

I lurked your log a little a while back, when you were running out your LP and transitioning to TM. I ditched LP a long time ago thinking I'd gotten all I could out of it. But I've been making another run at it over the past couple of months with pretty decent results, and I've been catching up on your log some during this time. I certainly have a renewed respect for the work you put in to make the progress you did just to get to TM, and it looks like you're leaps and bounds beyond that now. It's awesome that you kept such a detailed log, it's definitely been helpful for me to read through a lot of it.
    Thanks, c_e. It's definitely been a journey, glad reading through it has been helpful for you. Sometimes when I get frustrated with all the various issues I've had to work around, it's nice to hear this kind of perspective. In the long view, I can probably do a set of 8-10 with my best squat and DL from my first meet two two years ago, and a set of 5 with my best bench press. Steady work and sticking with a plan really do pay off.

Also, lots of GoT lately, so fuck yeah to that too.
    FuckYaGameofThrones!

Steve - hang on, and don't get too attached to anyone. But enjoy!
    Exactly this, yes.

Ya, I thought it was still clearly a big betrayal as well. If they do in the show what Martin wrote in the book, there's some serious betrayal still left to come. The Red Wedding was awesome, in the most gruesome way.

HA!! Oh ya, that lifting thing. That's what this log is actually for, ostensibly.

FINALLY SOMEONE SEES ME FOR THE CHINNING GOD THAT I AM. And technically, according to BMI, I am already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY let's please not make it necessary to change the name of this log to GoT Spoiler Log. I'm afraid to read anything at this point.

Until then, Wolf, I do hope your training is going well.
    I think it appropriate to juxtapose Rob and Niki's comments. Anyway, Niki, in case you hadn't heard: http://undergroundmgzn.com/2014/04/1...full-spoilers/
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 05-18-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Deload Day 1: Press Intensity deload, Bench Volume Deload, assistance stuff deload

Based on past experience, I'm using a bit more volume and higher %s of workset weight for upper body stuff on this deload. Going to see if that does a better job of preventing backslide during deload week while still providing the recovery effect.

Press
    190x3, 210x2, 225x1, 190x3
    Notes: Not feeling strong, but all better than last deload where everything felt heavy as hell, IIRC. These were all "OK."

Bench Press
    295x3, 305x3, 315x3, 295x3
    Notes: Shoulder was a bit grouchy but these were fine.

Weighted Chins
    BW+35 x 5 x 3
    Notes: Took 10-15lbs off what I've been doing, kept volume the same. Elbows were a bit achey here.

Plate Loaded Row
    160/side x 12 x 2

Cable Tricep Rope
    62.5x13x2
    Cable External Rotation
    7.5x15x3

Yeah, I just rewatched the episode last night, and she lied her ass off and made up a lot of shit. While I can understand her being pissed, she definitely went overboard in her response.
    The next episodes may be the most exciting three episode string in the show's already very exciting run thus far. I'm excited.

Deload Day 2: Squat, Power Clean, Clean Pull, Conditioning

Squat
    365x3x3 - all beltless
    Notes: Felt eh, but crappy like the first squat day on my previous two deloads, so that's good. I guess.

Also, while I was standing in the rack just prior to starting, a guy came in to the rack with me and started adjusting the height of the hooks. I was so surprised it took me a second to actually react, and I told him we were using it. I mean, I was literally standing INSIDE the rack and I am not a small guy.

He seemed surprised and a bit put off, but said OK. There was an unused rack about 20 feet away, but he didn't go there. He took a free bar out to a spot in front of a mirror (my favorite rack is my favorite because it's the only one not facing a mirror), loaded 135 on the bar, and did a couple sets of "deadlifts" with 135 and a double underhand grip, while looking intently into the mirror. Only after that did he go to a rack and do 1/8 squats with the pussy pad on his back and 95 lbs.

Anyway, this was particularly noteworthy, I though, because I've never experienced someone trying to take my rack, while I'm actually inside it, when another one is available 20 feet away. Good times.

Power Clean
    45x6, 95x2, 125x2, 155x2m 185x2, 205x2, 225x2
    Clean Pull
    245x2, 285x2, 325x2x2
    Notes: Slow, sluggish, lack of power, etc... Deload stuff.

C2 Erg Intervals
    30/90 x 8
    Paces: 1:49.4, 1:40.0, 1:37.4, 1:36. 7, 1:34.3, 1:34.9, 1:34.3, 1:29.8

Feel very tired afterwards.

Today was an especially globoey day at the globo. In addition to the incident mentioned earlier, if I could have filmed people without their noticing, I would have enough material, edited, to make a 10 minute montage worthy of the "Joined A New Gym Tonight. Hilarious." thread. Lots of 1/4 squats, single leg 1/4 squats on upside down bosus, med ball throws into calf raises, the Douche Brigade from the in house PT office doing decline bench with 95 lbs...using the 25 lb bumpers. And on and on. I need a hidden camera. It's not that this stuff doesn't go on daily at every gym in the country, but I usually avoid a lot of it by going during the quietest time of day. Not today.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 05-20-2014 at 03:12 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    I often wonder if these people will ever realize that they're caricatures and not actual people?
    I hope you know why this is in quotes, Wolfie : )