starting strength gym
Page 175 of 443 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wow, impressive work, Wolf. Congrats on the PRs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Great to see you on this extended run of good lifting!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Wow, impressive work, Wolf. Congrats on the PRs!
    Thank you gentlemen. 6 more weeks till all this work and the training PRs get put to the test on the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Thank you gentlemen. 6 more weeks till all this work and the training PRs get put to the test on the platform.
    Can I get a "HODOR!" yell for one of those PR's?

Literally in tears after tonights episode Wolf. I did not see that coming at all

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    Can I get a "HODOR!" yell for one of those PR's?
    Unlike certain other Hodor bandwagon jumpers (cough cough, Dr. Gainz, cough cough), I try to save the HODORs for the truly epic PRs. Problem is, I don't really know what those are because I should basically be PRing weekly or bi-weekly. If I get 600x3 on my next DL day in two weeks, I think that may be Hodor-worthy, but no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooline View Post
    Literally in tears after tonights episode Wolf. I did not see that coming at all
    I knew what was coming. Though slightly different from the book version, I think it was a masterful adaptation of that fight. If The Red Viper had merely been satisfied with killing The Mountain, he'd still be alive. But he needed to hear him confess.

Also, VERY Inigo Montoya-esque.

"My name is Ingio Montoya you killed my father prepare to die"
    But seriously I was so in shock I had to re-watch it at least 6 times to make sure it actually happened

Solid day back at work today.

Bench Press
    360x3x2
    Notes:
    First set was a bit slow, but second was better.

Press
    195x5, 200x5, 205x5x3
    Notes:
    Last couple sets here were also a bit slow, but no problem.

Weighted Chins
    BW+50 x 5 x 3

Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Rows
    190/side (4x45 + 10) x 10 x 3
    Notes: As I was unloading these, a guy who took the April seminar in Brooklyn walks up and says hi. He does a double take because I'm unloading the plates onto the lever squat thingy next to this plate loaded row, and he thought I was loading up to use the lever squat, so was surprised. I set the record straight about rows, assistance work, when it's appropriate, etc... Funny, though. And Jason has added 50lbs to his 3x5 squats since the seminar only 5 weeks ago (185x5x3 --> 235x5x3) at 40-something years young, so how bout them apples?

Tris for the Guys
    Cable Rope Pushdown Thingies 67.5 x 9+3 x 2 (9 normal pushing the rope out to the sides, then 3 more down straight when I couldn't push out to the sides anymore)

Cable External Rot.
    7.5 + adder plate x 15 x 2

Finished with some shoulder capsule stretches.

Ryan (training partner) texted me last night, apparently he has an inguinal hernia. Apparently not only is Wolf's Disease communicable and contagious and airborn etc...but you can also get things I've ever even had from it. God dammit.

Also, the place has gotten so busy and the racks so used that I often rely on Ryan to save one for us since he's there already anyway. I have a feeling my blood pressure will be going up a lot soon stressing about whether I can get a useable rack and bench in what is supposed to be the dead time at the gym.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 06-03-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Sorry to hear that, Michael....you could always move to Oklahoma.

But what I came here to say is that I just finished watching GoT S03E04, you know the one where she goes to get her army?

OMG. Daenerys Targaryen. So. Bad. ASS! She's my new favorite.

starting strength coach development program
    Character builder today. Took three hours. Still clearly fatigued from Friday's PR Deadlift, low back and glutes were/are still pretty beat. Got through it all though, and now I'm beat again afterwards.

Squat
    405x5, 420x5, 435x5x2, 420x5
    Notes
    : Hard. Had trouble focusing on a spot, vision was...not blurry, just very unfocused. Had difficulty locking in on one point. Not sure why.

Power Clean
    45x6, 95x3, 125x2, 155x2, 185x2, 205x2, 225x2
    Clean Pull
    275x2, 315x2, 345x2, 365x2, 385x2

Notes: I was really beat after the squats, had to rest about 15 mins before even starting PCs, and it was another 15 mins before I felt, well, not fully recovered but as recovered as I was going to get. Didn't have much energy, explosiveness, or pop so cut the PCs at 225 and managed to do some decent weights in the clean pulls, even if they were slower and less explosive than usual.

C2 Erg Intervals
    30/90 x 8
    Paces: 1:36.7, 1:35.5, 1:33.7, 1:34.9, 1:34.3, 1:33.7, 1:33.1, 1:28.9
    Notes: Took my time getting to these, but was determined not to have them be totally lame, and they weren't. Not world breaking, but for this work:rest ratio after all the squatting and pulling beforehand, this wasn't awful.

Now all I want to do is nap, but alas, got two hours of coaching ahead.