starting strength gym
Page 196 of 443 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    All the bichons want Wolf's snausage.

Hmm, I watched the rest of the sets hoping for another cute girl appearance. You need more of those in your videos, Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Hmm, I watched the rest of the sets hoping for another cute girl appearance. You need more of those in your videos, Wolf.
    It's cool, Steve, because they happen spontaneously.

Was supposed to do upper body stuff today, but felt like I've been fighting something the past few days. I'm under-recovered, tired, and a few things are still tweaky. So I decided to rest today, do upper stuff tomorrow and squat and pull on Saturday. That's the plan, anyway. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Without getting into TMI for those who don't know me or care, turns out I have something for which I need to take antibiotics. It's my first course of antibiotics in 12 years. Started yesterday around 6pm, so I'm still fighting the thing off. I felt better than yesterday, however, so was able to train today on a more scaled back basis. Hopefully I'll be better to resume normally on Monday, but that may be a stretch. Might need a build-back-up week after fighting this thing off. Anyway, training:

Squat
    45x8x2, 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x5, 460x5
    Notes:
    Things felt OK here through 405, so I went to 460 for a top set. Felt quite heavy even just taking it out of the rack, but managed to get all five reps without form falling completely to shit. I think I blew my wad doing this though, I didn't have much energy left for any other subsequent lifts.

Press
    45x5, 94x5, 135x5, 179x5, 206x5, 217x4+f
    Notes
    : 179 felt harder than expected, but I figured I didn't have my belt on yet so no big deal. Then 206 was also harder than expected. 217 I could have grinded through, but at that point, I was thinking I'd still do bench after pulling, and didn't want to completely smoke my tris, so I didn't grind to make the 5th rep.

Deadlift
    201x4, 291x2, 381x1, 471x1, 526x2
    Notes:
    Felt a little sluggish but OK through 471, so went to my planned 5kg jump from last week. But then things just fell apart. It was like the 627 I did in my last pulling workout before the meet. I had trouble staying tight, and it was taking forever to get off the floor. Even though the first two reps were quite fast once I broke the floor, they took literally several seconds to break the floor. The third rep I could feel my back rounding more than I was comfortable with, so given all the considerations, just called it there.

I'm actually proud of myself. Two years ago, I'd definitely have grinded through the 217 and pulled the set of 526x5, and paid for it. I think I'd have done so a year ago, too. I'm now better able to keep perspective that this is about long term goals, not just "MUST MAKE LIFT TODAY" and avoid the issues that that attitude leads to.

Speaking of which, I felt done after this so decided not to bench. I was going to do ramping 5's with two heavy-ish ones around 315 and 325. But that's ok, next week is a new week. I'll hit it hard again when I'm back to normal.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 08-10-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Sounds like wisdom is taking hold. You must be getting influenced by my log of "underachieving and over-protecting." I think I'll start a new log named just that!

Oh, and by the tagging LaRosa in a FB post is not name dropping. Saying "i got drunk with Rippetoe last night" is name dropping. Just saying. And seriously, next time she is in town I will take the afternoon off if the 3 of us can lift together. Lets do it!

Man I hate the clap. You gotta stay away from those nasty new york girls comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Man I hate the clap. You gotta stay away from those nasty new york girls comrade.
    I have heard a certain barbell-obsessed Texan that I know say something to the effect of "If you haven't gotten chlamydia at least a few times, you're not really living."

So, I'll just leave this here then.

http://youtu.be/3vmPwZT-9zY

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post

Oh, and by the tagging LaRosa in a FB post is not name dropping. Saying "i got drunk with Rippetoe last night" is name dropping. Just saying. And seriously, next time she is in town I will take the afternoon off if the 3 of us can lift together. Lets do it!
    Hey! Why can't tagging me be considered name dropping?!

I like this plan I'm booking my flight this week and will let you know when I get in.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    That's an interesting confession of your own, Andrew...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I have heard a certain barbell-obsessed Texan that I know say something to the effect of "If you haven't gotten chlamydia at least a few times, you're not really living."
    This is Jordan's story, as I recall...

I also love that you're saying your issue is TMI - when it's not really *that* TMI and certainly not on the level of some of the TMI I get to hear from you... <knee sleeves>

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Sounds like wisdom is taking hold. You must be getting influenced by my log of "underachieving and over-protecting." I think I'll start a new log named just that!

Does this mean I'm entering the geezling category already? Oy vey...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Archenbronn View Post

I like this plan I'm booking my flight this week and will let you know when I get in.
    What are the odds all three of us will be injured or sick or something, and we'll just end up going for BBQ and beer? And would that actually be a bad thing??

This is Jordan's story, as I recall...
    Now that you mention it, yes, I think it was Feigenbaum who I heard that from. #iifym

I also love that you're saying your issue is TMI - when it's not really *that* TMI and certainly not on the level of some of the TMI I get to hear from you... <knee sleeves>
    I love how this has blown up far beyond if I had just said "I'm sick" or "I'm under the weather." I didn't mean TMI in the "this is really intensely personal and private" sense, more the "it's not really relevant and is boring and has nothing to do with training" sense.

Now, the knee sleeves thing, on the other hand...