Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    All weights today are in KG
    Well, shit! Shit, shit, shit.

Oh, sorry about the twin you absorbed in your neck. Glad you can train again. (although I have no idea what you lifted)

I lifted weights, Steve.

I lifted weights, Steve.
    Ah, thanks for that :/

If that video is more accurate than my picture, I hope you feel much better now.

I've seen it. It looked about like this:

(great movie by the way)

I like that medwards' and RobIs' pictures, and Mark Edward's disgusting video, are the posts that took my log to and past the 100,000 viewer mark. Long live random and disgusting awesomeness!

Not sure when I'll be able to train again - super busy day tomorrow with 8 sessions and a programming call, and then follow-up with Doc on Thursday - so got another one in today. I'm converting kgs to lbs today, so the capitalists can comprehend. Counting the bar as 45 lbs.

Squat
    45x5x4, 133x5, 177x5, 221x5, 265x5, 309x5

Bench Press
    45x10, 111x5, 155x5, 199x5, 243x5, 265x5

BW Chins

I'm converting kgs to lbs today, so the capitalists can comprehend. Counting the bar as 45 lbs.
    I love you, man.
    xoxo

Since it's TMI Tuesday (if that wasn't a thing, now it is), I'll give a brief update on what's been happening/why no updates here in over a week:
    Because I haven't been able to train.

Long story short: I've had a small cyst on my neck for almost two years. It became infected the week before last, which is why I was reporting not feeling 100% a couple weeks ago (i.e. the day I squatted 450x5x3). It hadn't fully blossomed yet, but was on its way. By Thursday it was enlarged, painful, and red; Friday I saw the Dr. Took a 5 day course of anti-biotics, which did nothing, and made an appointment to have it drained. During the interim, I trained last Saturday but the infection was pretty bad by then and I don't even know how I squatted 460x5. Sub par work on the press and DL that day. Didn't train at all between then and Thursday, since I felt like utter crap every day. Got it drained Thursday, which was a quick procedure but requires several more days to finish expelling its lovely contents. It's almost done oozing and leaking now (wonderful visuals, no?), and I now only need a giant band-aid on it, instead of needing a full dressing as I did Thursday through Saturday. I lifted some light weight today, and will lift again tomorrow or Wednesday. I go back in Thursday for a check-up, and at that point we'll schedule a removal of the whole thing. After that, I probably will miss another week or so of training. So basically, the month of August is a total wash for me, and I'll have to spend some time ramping back up again once I can lift again after the removal. Not much I can do about it, I still want to do the USAPL AO in December, I'll just have a shorter time to train for it than I had hoped.
    I like how I get no credit for saving your life. NONE.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    I love you, man.
    xoxo
    I'm glad you knew that was for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Archenbronn View Post
    I like how I get no credit for saving your life. NONE.
    Everybody: Sarah saved my life. Literally. She used her newfound gainz to sprint the entire 2,500 miles from Walnut Creek to Manhattan, to perform life-saving CPR on me. When she arrived, she discovered she had fallen victim to one of the classic blunders:
    1. Never Get involved in a land war in Asia
    2. Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line
    3. When Wolf tells an attractive woman he needs CPR, he's just trying to get a cheap kiss.