starting strength gym
Page 199 of 443 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Still not feeling fully 100%, but cyst has stopped oozing and the infection is in full retreat. Had a follow up with the Dr. today. Everything looks good, but he wants to wait till the infection has completely cleared to do the removal, so that's scheduled for September 2nd. It's annoying because I'll have to take another week or so off of training after that, so this entire ordeal will be about 2 months of training wasted (time off + time to ramp back up where I was before it all happened). Wolf's disease strikes again. Though by all accounts I'm still having a better year in that department, overall, than 2013.

Also, I was called out twice yesterday for the ice bucket challenge. I was hoping to avoid it and just make a quiet donation, but once challenged, I had to step up. So I incorporated that into my training today.

Squat
    45x5x4, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x5

Press
    45x5, 85x5, 115x5, 145x5, 165x5, 185x5

Deadlift
    185x5, 295x3, 365x1, 405x5

Last edited by Michael Wolf; 08-21-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Well, you wouldn't think the ice bucket challenge would be much for the Northern-bred Bastard, but as you can see, he's training for it:

I like how your hair looks down and wet. And you too. Not sure about the homo status on that one.

Default Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    I like how your hair looks down and wet. And you too. Not sure about the homo status on that one.
    Really into hair tonight, eh Dwayne?

[revision: after reading your fb post I realized you may be on a lot of painkillers. Which may bring out your deep seeded affection for Wolf/Niki's hair. Hope your shoulder feels better, my friend!]
    Last edited by Sarah Archenbronn; 08-22-2014 at 01:00 AM.

Steve, that video was AWESOME!

Wolf, I love how you integrated a training video into your ice bucket challenge. And called out that know-nothing John Snow! That said, I think your squat were high! Or maybe your legs are that huge.

Dwayne, homo-schlomo. Who gives a shit. And his hair was sexy all wet like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Well, you wouldn't think the ice bucket challenge would be much for the Northern-bred Bastard, but as you can see, he's training for it
    Ha! Good find. Maybe I should have called out The King in the North instead. Oh wait, he's been beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    It's all good. After all, what's a homo vs no homo between bros?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Wolf, I love how you integrated a training video into your ice bucket challenge. And called out that know-nothing John Snow! That said, I think your squat were high! Or maybe your legs are that huge.
    Thanks Rob. Since I had to do it, I wanted to at least do something a bit unique. I don't have any fancy video editing software, and Google and Apple's pretty rivalry made integrating the vids harder than it should have been, but the final product came out not bad, for an amateur.

My legs are pretty goddamn big, but upon review, I agree - the squats should have been a bit lower. Planning to go up to 405 today, I'll bury em.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Dwayne, homo-schlomo. Who gives a shit. And his hair was sexy all wet like that.
    HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    EXPLAIN TO ME YOUR DEADLIFT PADDING WIZARDRY! kthnx
    Put an airex pad on the floor and a hard rubber mat on top of it, upon which you place the loaded plates. In the middle where you stand, stack hard rubber mats to equalize standard pulling height with the airex/mats combo. Viola! It absorbs both noise and vibration shockingly well. I was pulling 405 there, for reference.

4th time squatting this week. Granted they were all significantly sub-max, especially at the beginning of the week, but it was interesting to squat every day.

Squat
    45x6x3, 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 365x5, 405x5
    Notes: Belt for 365 and 405. I realized after the fact that the spotter arm obscures the view of my knee and hip, but rest assured RobIs, that I buried these today.

Bench Press
    45x10, 135x5, 190x5, 237x5, 280x5, 315x5
    Notes: Granted it's a big jump from 264 (Tuesday's top BP set), but 315x5 was kinda hard and that annoyed me greatly.

BW Chins

I clicked the "like" button a lot.

Why 4 days of squats?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by medwards View Post
    Why 4 days of squats?
    Because Monday, when I started the week, I was still not clear of the infection and it had been 9 days since I lifted at all. Those two coupled together meant I was going to go light. Light enough that I could squat a little more the next day and still be fine. And so on.