starting strength gym
Page 59 of 182 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: John Petrizzo's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    JP I don't think anything you did was a waste. Perhaps you are overreached overtrained over stressed some. But recovering from this is where you will make the Gainzzz. No wastes just lots of strong solid effort. It can only yield results. And Rori loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    JP I don't think anything you did was a waste. Perhaps you are overreached overtrained over stressed some. But recovering from this is where you will make the Gainzzz. No wastes just lots of strong solid effort. It can only yield results. And Rori loves you.
    I do! Even when he goes psycho in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Nothing under the bar is a waste my friend.
    Well said, Rob.

I have had my fair share of setbacks, but you learn little stuff along the way. You get smarter, you train better. You listen to your body, you tamp down your ego.
    Once your confidence is back under the bar and you're a few months in things will feel a lot better.

I honestly can't believe it's only been four months since I was hobbling into Excel to see you and Rori.
    Keep your head up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    3 months ain't nothing
    This. Really really this. Trust me.

Wow, thanks for all of the encouragement, guys. I appreciate it. Looking forward to getting back in the gym next week and getting after it again!

2/16

Bench - 45x10x2, 135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 245x1, 265x8, 245x8, 225x8
    Chins - BWx8x3

Quick workout today. It felt good to get back in the gym. Weights felt light on bench.

Catching up on logs. Sorry to hear you were feeling so beat up. Having been in your shoes not so long ago, I can tell you a break works wonders to get you going again.

Here's to crushing your next cycle!

Quote Originally Posted by jenica View Post
    Catching up on logs. Sorry to hear you were feeling so beat up. Having been in your shoes not so long ago, I can tell you a break works wonders to get you going again.

I kept telling him this! He is feeling much better today. Yesterday he was excited to start again which means his body was ready. Makes me so happy when he is happy

Quote Originally Posted by jenica View Post

Thanks, Jenica. I am feeling better already. Hopefully I bounce back as strong as you did.

2/17

Squat - 45x10x2, 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 335x1, 385x8, 335x8
    P. Clean - 45x3, 95x3, 135x2, 185x1, 225x3x5

Good training session. I was very happy to get eight reps with 385. I have not done anything over five reps at that weight in a very long time. The weight felt light on my back, but the last couple of reps were a grind. This was mostly due to the fact that I was gasping for air. 335 felt very, very light. I was happy with my p. cleans. This was the first time I have done them as a main lift in at least six months. Looking forward to getting back in the gym tomorrow.

starting strength coach development program
    That's what I'm talkin' about!!