starting strength gym
Page 62 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: John Petrizzo's Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I am in, on the 0.03% chance I will actually be able to complete all three lifts on that day.
    We just need to keep you in a bubble until then.

Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    We just need to keep you in a bubble until then.
    You can't make gainzzzz in a bubble. I need to come see one of you guys about this shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post

Quick Announcement

It looks like my next meet is going to be the RPS Heatwave which will take place July 12th and 13th at Crossfit Strong Island in Merrick. In the past, we have competed in RPS meets as a "SS Team." It looks like Rori has organized enough girls to have an entire team of just female lifters. I would like to do the same for the men. Two full teams of SS lifters would be awesome, and I would love to get a chance to lift with anyone from this forum who is interested but has not yet competed with us in the past. Rori and I will be hosting a few people at our place, but if enough of you guys are interested and are coming from out of town, I will look into getting us some type of group discount at our local Fairfield Inn which is only about 15 minutes from the meet site. Anyone who is interested please let me know!
    This is great John. I can't commit right now because I'm not sure about my comp schedule this summer, it's awesome you are doing this though!

John,

All the biters out there that THINK they are doing a slow rep and call it a Petreezo rep, need to come to the realization that NO ONE (and I mean NO ONE) can do the Petreezo rep other than JP himself.

There are a few requirements. They are as follows:
    1. The lift must be a squat or a deadlift. You cannot Petreezo a press or a bench or a powerclean (which JP is actually very fast at...I've seen the elbows fly).
    2. The squat must be over at the very least 400 lbs (and for reps).
    3. The deadlift must be over at the very least 500 lbs (and for reps).
    4. The back must be held in rigid extension with absolutely NO change in shape unless its a heavy heavy heavy deadlift triple around 585 lbs or so.

Check back in a few months because the numbers increase as Dr. Petrizzo gets stronger and as such, the qualifications for a Petreezo rep become more difficult to attain.

I have not yet seen a true replication of the Petreeeeezo rep. JP is a diamond in the rough.

Biters gon' bite tho...

D-Wint has it right. If I learn to grind through hard reps half as well as Dr. Petreeeezo, my lifting will be greatly improved for it.

If I learn to grind through hard reps half as well as Dr. Petreeeezo, my lifting will be greatly improved for it.
    Agreed... I've had a few slow squats in the last couple weeks, but nothing compared to the Doctor and nothing held form as well throughout the lift. I will PR my squat this Saturday if I keep my form and, more importantly, be more like John.

D-Wint has it right. If I learn to grind through hard reps half as well as Dr. Petreeeezo, my lifting will be greatly improved for it.
    Or you will end up in a body cast. Womp womp < 3 < 3

Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    Or you will end up in a body cast. Womp womp < 3 < 3

Indeed Kong. I have much respect for Petrizzo, his squats, deadlifts, presses and power cleans and his remarkable ability to maintain excellent form and tightness during heavy repetitions. Realistically, I will never attain the items in your list of qualifications, but I damn well try.

I do hope you can compete Wolf!

starting strength coach development program
    Wow. Thanks for all of the kind words, guys. I am kind of speechless. It makes me happy to know that my mediocre lifting can be a source of inspiration to the masses!

3/4

Squat- 45x10x2, 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x1, 405x8, 355x8
    P. Clean - 135x3, 185x2, 235x3x5

Good training session tonight. 405x8 on the squat is a PR for reps. I don't think I have ever done it for more than five reps before. P. Cleans were okay. Not as good as last week, but good enough to keep going up on the triples across.

Here are some videos from tonight: