starting strength gym
Page 80 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: John Petrizzo's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by iFreedom View Post
    John, your lifts are amazing and inspirational! I've been reading your log from the start and watch your vids before workouts to get ready. I can't believe what you do and how well you do it man! I aspire to lift like you.
    Couldn't agree more. The videos over the last 4-5 pages have been awesome and extremely inspirational! It definitely motivates me to get to that level someday. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by quad View Post
    Hey John, why do you use a mat for benching?
    It's the patented John Petrizzo Benchomatic. Prevents sliding. It's glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    Niiiiice, I'll try that.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by WorkoutNick View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The videos over the last 4-5 pages have been awesome and extremely inspirational! It definitely motivates me to get to that level someday. Great work!
    I've started to use "Petrizzo" as a verb in my log to describe grinding through really tough sets. As in "the second rep was a grinder, but I still managed to Petrizzo the next two."

Really is solid form and true grit. I wished I could keep that controlled through my heavy sets.

The John Petrizzo Benchomatic has worked wonders for my bench as well! I went from wondering why my bench setup was so messed up to improving my bench by over 20 lbs. Thank you, Dr. Petrizzo!

Coach John,you don't do any conditioning?
    Last edited by risepmj; 05-30-2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: bad sentence

John, you are changing lives and are now a verb!

I'm filing suit........

I will submit the following as evidence of my claim; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbSWKsld7_0

I'll let Mr. Petrizzo make his confession at the time of his choosing......
    Last edited by Andy Baker (KSC); 05-30-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Haha, I almost said something earlier, Andy!

starting strength coach development program
    John, your lifts are amazing and inspirational! I've been reading your log from the start and watch your vids before workouts to get ready. I can't believe what you do and how well you do it man! I aspire to lift like you.
    I've started to use "Petrizzo" as a verb in my log to describe grinding through really tough sets. As in "the second rep was a grinder, but I still managed to Petrizzo the next two."

Really is solid form and true grit. I wished I could keep that controlled through my heavy sets.
    Thanks so much for the kind words, guys. I really appreciate it.

Coach John,you don't do any conditioning?
    I condition one or two days per week (usually one!). I generally drag the sled when the weather permits.

I'm filing suit........

I will submit the following as evidence of my claim; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbSWKsld7_0

I'll let Mr. Petrizzo make his confession at the time of his choosing......
    Andy, I hate to disagree with you but it is clear from your video that you are merely using a Yoga Mat on your bench, while I use Dr. Petrizzo's patented Bench-O-Matic. Completely different.